NEurope
mcj metroid

Rate the band above you!

Nice songs but really something I need to be in the mood for - 7/10

Pearl Jam

I'm not a 'metal head', so I don't know exact genres, when TBH alot fo the differences between genres are based on lyrical content, which given the vocal style used

:nono: :nono: This is a sad day for metal music everywhere.

Now...Boredoms right?

Well... it's a noise band from Japan, that's always a quality indicator!! And after a few years hearing them, I give them a solid 7/10.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

:nono: :nono: This is a sad day for metal music everywhere.

Now...Boredoms right?

Well... it's a noise band from Japan, that's always a quality indicator!! And after a few years hearing them, I give them a solid 7/10.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Pretty good band 6/10.

Dead Kennedys

Quality name, quality band. Gotta love California Uber Alles and their songs have some hilarious lyrics. Top draw American punk, 8/10.

Pixies

Quality name, quality band. Gotta love California Uber Alles and their songs have some hilarious lyrics. Top draw American punk, 8/10.

Pixies

Pretty class band, some great tunes. 8/10.

Gym Class Heroes

4/10

They're just a bit generic IMO. Nothing's ever stood out for me by them but it's not my kind of music anyway.

Mogwai

Had some good songs, I'm not a fan though.

Hot Hot Heat (have I already said that?)

Never heard of them.

You could at least go on myspace and have a listen...

For HHH, 8/10. Make Up the Breakdown is an excellent album. Never got the second though cause I kept forgetting.

Jeff Buckley

Oh, and Mogwai too while you're at it if you've heard of them...

7/10

They're pretty good but I've never listened to them properly enough to make a proper verdict.

Hope of the States

7/10

They're pretty good but I've never listened to them properly enough to make a proper verdict.

Hope of the States

After I mentioned Godspeed You! Black Emperor and someone rated them with a totally unfair 6/10, you mention mogwai and some asshole says he doesn't know them and doesn't even investigate... but the shocking part is the band he then mentioned! Linkin Park. Something tells me people are not into good music in this thread. And for mentioning Jeff Buckley and Mogwai, kudos!

As for hope of the states... I would say I'm amazed you know them, but then again, no, you're british and so are they. Anyway... they're a very decent post-rock/indie band and it's a shame they had to call it quits. Oh well... be that as it may, they're a very competent effort, specially on Left and I rate them a solid 7.5/10.

Next poster:

Minus The Bear or Tool... pick one.

Tool - amazing band Aenima and Lateralus are great albums and 10000 days aint bad either :) 9/10

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

BRMC - 8/10

I didn't like Howl so much, but Take Them On On Your Own is a great album, I still listen to it quite a bit. Gotta love those tubescreamers.

Hope of the States' best work was on their demos and their B-sides...I've got almost their entire catalogue and there's some incredibly beautiful stuff in there.

Continuing with my beautiful music theme ;)

Sigur Rós

Gotta love Agaetis Byrjun and ()

Pretty good, havn't heard a lot of their stuff, so they get an 8/10

Bon Jovi

Bon Jovi. Reading those words are enough to induce a heaving mortal nausea. Absolutely one of the bands in the world that I would have put down. Old testament style.

I'm not even going to dignify them with a rating, seeing as that would imply that they're actually worth something.

Kalmah

Bon Jovi. Reading those words are enough to induce a heaving mortal nausea. Absolutely one of the bands in the world that I would have put down. Old testament style.

I'm not even going to dignify them with a rating, seeing as that would imply that they're actually worth something.

Kalmah

You knew I would be the one answering, didn't you?

While I preffer Children Of Bodom or Norther in this whole extreme power metal & melodic death metal fusion, they're quite an interesting bunch. Not a great band, but certainly one worth checking, if you're into the "genre". If I'm correct, on this last album they leaned towards death metal a bit more... Still, a competent effort. I rate them a 6.9/10 (not good enough to be 7/10). :D

HORSE the band

Fucking quality, nintendocore at its best, CUT CUT CUT! 8/10

All That Remains

Not really heard of them before. Listening to their myspace now its alright 6/10 for now but I might go and listen to them some more.

Fugazi

Not really heard of them before. Listening to their myspace now its alright 6/10 for now but I might go and listen to them some more.

Fugazi

I don't think I need to explain... 10/10.

Björk (I know she's not a band...)

Woah, that was unexpected from OW. Bjork, hmm, she's been around awhile, reminds me of the crappy old 80 electronica acts like Cher, except less crappy :heh:. Alright if you're pasted and you want some easy listening with your mates, but not so good otherwise 5.5/10.

Blind Guardian. (Yeah, I know OW is probably gonna answer this one aswell, but if he doesn't give them 9/10 or higher, I'm going to explode :heh:)