NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

News about Mikami.

Mikami has his own company now called "Straight Story" and has contract with Capcom, working with Seeds and is making game with Suda.

News about Mikami.

Mikami has his own company now called "Straight Story" and has contract with Capcom, working with Seeds and is making game with Suda.

I'd like to see his next projects, yet I somewhat doubt he is making a game with Suda already. considering what Suda said yesterday:

With the recent turmoil at Capcom over the whole Clover fiasco and the formation of Seeds, I figure I'll ask if we can expect/hope for another collaboration with Shinji Mikami. "We've been talking about making another game like Killer7, so we're not sure when that's going to be", he says. "But something will happen in the future, we really want to make it happen".
Source: http://kotaku.com/gaming/go307/chattin-with-goichi-suda-about-punks-killer7--no-more-heroes-248774.php

Just doesn't seem immediate plans to do it, Suda is also planning to do a game with Kojima et all. might happen down the line, but not now. (I think)

The quality in those pics look awesome! I'm definitely going to have to pick up this game. RE4 was so fun on the GC and and with Wii controls it's going to be one of the greatest games... (again:))

Do you think it's going to be toned down quite a lot then? It all seems very cheery on the main-page.

I think Capcom are aiming it more at the 25-35 year olds....Instead of the teens? Maybe?

I'm excited about this game, and have no-idea why. I've already completed it and loved every minute and now i may buy it again....The things games do, to ya! :D

hmm don't know about the aiming bar but oh well I am sure that it will work out in the end ^_^

^ killer kirby that Rurouni Kenshin animation is awesome.

This idea sounds kind of novel to me. Why pitch this game at 'the family'? Your grandad and your seven year old daughter ain't gonna giggle at the exploding body parts and giant-bug-heads. And the controls seem a bit dodgy too, well, I'm still interested because I wanted to play the PS2 extras, here's hoping they do it well. It has at least be an improvement over the GC's aiming to tempt me into buying it, since I loved that system anyway.

^ killer kirby that Rurouni Kenshin animation is awesome.

This idea sounds kind of novel to me. Why pitch this game at 'the family'? Your grandad and your seven year old daughter ain't gonna giggle at the exploding body parts and giant-bug-heads. And the controls seem a bit dodgy too, well, I'm still interested because I wanted to play the PS2 extras, here's hoping they do it well. It has at least be an improvement over the GC's aiming to tempt me into buying it, since I loved that system anyway.

First of all thankyou for saying that you like my sig shorty ^_^

Second I agree with shorty, what capcom are showing aren't exactly what I had hoped for, IMO they should have it in a dark room with a group of people around the ages of 21-30. Having it in a bright room and having 2 people smiling like they are playing a childrens game just doesn't look right, it might have looked good for other games but this game should always look dark not bright.

Someone at neogaf got bored...

l0lg54g.jpg

It actually looks like her, doesn't it? :D

It better not be fake widescreen! Grrrr it annoys why companies use fake widescreen (i'm looking at you EA, which you MoH crappiness).

Anyway, i can't wait to play this game. I lost count of how many times i completed the GC version.

For those who just want to play the PS2 extras and don't like the Wii controls, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (I think it was here infact?) that the GC controller can be used too.

57431520070406_192733_4_big.jpg

57431520070406_192732_2_big.jpg

57431520070406_192733_3_big.jpg

57431520070406_192732_1_big.jpg

57431520070406_192732_0_big.jpg

New pics! It seems that the game will use GC graphics for the Extra cenario! (Unless you could see jaggies during PS2 FMVs)

Why has the tasty laseraim been replaced with a booring crosshair?

I think that the weapons that in reality would have laseraim (The pistols, the grenadelauncher and the TMP) should have that, while the ones that in reality wouldn't (shotguns, Red9, the sniperrifles, chicago typewriter and the revolver) should have ironsights.

I hope that this version will contain SOME graphical improvements... like being run in full screen.

Another thing I'd wish would be some more weapons and bonus scenarios.

One thing that really bugged me out was that there was no real assaultrifle. OK, we got the TMP, but it was way to weak, and we had the Chicago typewriter, but it was a secret unlockable with infinite ammo (which completelly removed the challenge from the game, if I might add).

My hope is an M16 or AK47-ish thing.

Allso I'd like to see the Desert eagle Leon had in the early version of the game:

residentevil4.jpg

Resident Evil® 4 is one of the highest rated games on Game Rankings.com and Metacritic.com, garnering dozens of awards and nominations for its amazing game play and incredible re-invention of the “survival-horror” genre. This celebrated game now comes to the Wii with added Wii Remote and Nunchuck™ support, allowing players to immerse themselves in the game as never before. With RE4 Wii Edition, Capcom is offering new and more immersive sense of control to players, while keeping all of the game’s incredible game systems intact. As Leon Kennedy, players will explore a town overrun by cultists, mutants and mind-controlled villagers, using the Wii Remote to aim, fire, slash and avoid oncoming adversaries with intuitive motions and movements. RE4 Wii Edition will also contain the additional content included in the PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system version of the game.

57431520070406_192732_0_big.jpg

What the hell is that gun? It looks like some kind of SMG, but not the TMP...

Mysterious.

What the hell is that gun? It looks like some kind of SMG, but not the TMP...

Mysterious.

I'm not sure, but I think this shot was taken during the Red 9 reloading sequence.