NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

I ca't see what you mean? Telephone pole?

I think he means the vague thing on the left which somewhat looks like a telephone pole :)

Anyway am I the only one who doesn't really like the boxart? I mean sure, the art looks cool, but the "Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition" looks awful! I mean, even I could photoshop that and I'm no pro. Especially the font of "Wii edition" looks cheap and does't fit in with the style they chose in the rest of the boxart. I'll still be buying this game though ;)

Awesome boxart. I'm gonna smack my brother now, he said it was ugly.

With this being said to be "the definitive version", I'm definately going to buy it!

Trading in my Cube version along with the Cube, my Xbox (with Steel Battalion 1&2 + controller) and my Dreamcast (played it enough now and don't touch it anymore!). Going towards buying me a 360... my bro has taken his back now as he's finally got Live at his place... git! Ha ha

Where can you trade in consoles as well as games? Will GAME accept them?

Gamestation. My mate just traded in his Xbox, Gamecube, N64, 3 x DS games and 3 x 360 games and got £165... bargain!

Not sure about Game, I must admit, I've never actually shopped there!

My local Gamestation's window display if full of second hand consoles. As for GAME, they do take them but I haven seen a great amount of second hand consoles in any store. They ususally package them in their own cardboard containers too.

I am un-decided about if I should trade in/sell my Cube copy of Resi 4 yet tho. (you can get more than £20 for it on ebay or Amazon) I have only seen the game for order so far on Play.com for £39.99, and maybe the Wii contols won't be that good, so I don't wanna be stuck with a copy I'll never play again.

My local Gamestation's window display if full of second hand consoles. As for GAME, they do take them but I haven seen a great amount of second hand consoles in any store. They ususally package them in their own cardboard containers too.

I am un-decided about if I should trade in/sell my Cube copy of Resi 4 yet tho. (you can get more than £20 for it on ebay or Amazon) I have only seen the game for order so far on Play.com for £39.99, and maybe the Wii contols won't be that good, so I don't wanna be stuck with a copy I'll never play again.

I wanted to know whether classic controls were an option?

..I thought it said earlier in the thread somewhere that the game would include a Classic Control option aswell.. or I read it somewhere else definitely.

But maybe I got it wrong :hmm:

I don't think they should include classic controller controls, they should stand by their convictions that the wii control system is the new way to play it and the best way to play it...

Wii controls are supposed to be good anyway, so I'm going to get it. Not decided whether to sell my Gamecube version or not. I've got both versions of Shenmue II, so I might get both versions of Resident Evil 4.

I don't think they should include classic controller controls, they should stand by their convictions that the wii control system is the new way to play it and the best way to play it...

Its just sometimes the wiimote doesn't really work thats why the only motion sensor that is used in Smash Football is to block the footballs.

Still not sure what that whole telephone pole looking thing is though!

Looks a little bit like a bit of a handprint... maybe not though! That box looks awesome, that sitting on the shelf in game next to Manhunt, Godfather and Scarface is really going to shake Nintys "kiddy-image".

Definitely going to buy this, even though completed the Cube version, can't wait! The only way this game could be made better is online multiplayer :heh: don't think we're going to see that though!

The more I look at this box, the more I like it. I'm really hyped for this. :D

Also, I thought classic controls were confirmed? So, best of everything.

I wanted to know whether classic controls were an option?

Why bother? honestly i've heard everhwere that the wii controls are better and you may as well play the gamecube game if you wanted the classic controls..i woulnt' shell out for just ada missions and 'true widescreen'

The more I look at this box, the more I like it. I'm really hyped for this. :D

Also, I thought classic controls were confirmed? So, best of everything.

Wooo, it really has everything, so I'm saying this is truly the ultimate versin, best garphics, PS2 extras, classic and Wii-mote controls, plus widescreen display.

Awesome

Wooo, it really has everything, so I'm saying this is truly the ultimate versin, best garphics, PS2 extras, classic and Wii-mote controls, plus widescreen display.

Awesome

I agree, this will be the "ultimate edition" of a truely great game

NGAMER praised it up, stating that the extras are worth buying the game again.

It's odd that i'm really looking forward to a game i can actually play now...I think it's the wii controls.

NGAMER praised it up, stating that the extras are worth buying the game again.

It's odd that i'm really looking forward to a game i can actually play now...I think it's the wii controls.

I definately want this, as it is the ultimate edition and literally features everything. I don;t usually buy games that are re-released but this really warrants purchase.

I definately want this, as it is the ultimate edition and literally features everything. I don;t usually buy games that are re-released but this really warrants purchase.

Completely agree. It's the game that's persauded me to get a Wii.

Completely agree. It's the game that's persauded me to get a Wii.

A remake has persuaded you? What about everything else?

FOOTNOTE: I'm not bashing on RE4s awsomeness by labeling it as a remake.

It's not even a remake...I hate how people confuse remakes with ports. A remake is when a game is totally redone from the ground up, like the original Resident Evil on Gamecube. A port is when it's the same game just put over to another system with a few new features.

It's not even a remake...I hate how people confuse remakes with ports. A remake is when a game is totally redone from the ground up, like the original Resident Evil on Gamecube. A port is when it's the same game just put over to another system with a few new features.

My bad.:( :(

That's not even it, RE4 on Wii is technically not a port, since the code was not ported into Wii, it simply runs in Wii natively considering they have a RE4 build for GC. No porting required.

Even Separate ways and other extras are probably being imported into the build rather than ported over.

It's more like a upgraded build for a upgraded system.

A remake has persuaded you? What about everything else?

FOOTNOTE: I'm not bashing on RE4s awsomeness by labeling it as a remake.

What about everything else? Bar Zelda I haven't seen any burning reason to pick up a Wii yet. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of great titles on the horizon, but as of yet I see nothing that special.