NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

i thought there is a slight difference between a multi format release and a port. Well maybe there isn't but there is nothing wrong with releasing your game in all systems

If it comes out at a budget price (say £20) then it'll be cheaper than the 2nd hand copies on ebay and in Game.

Hasn't the duck hunt game that gamestop revealed that dodgy PC duck hunt simulator.

The fact that they've taken it off could be because it was a mistake or it could be because capcom told them to.

Still gonna look to get the GC version this weekend I think, just hope it's in some second hand bin somewhere.

One of the more juicy, surprising and completely unconfirmed rumors comes from a Gamestop listing of “Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition”. A reader over at GoNintendo pointed it out, but the original listing vanished from the face of the internet. Instead of just reposting the rumor I shot an e-mail over to Capcom to see what’s up with it and here is what I got:

Capcom has not made any announcements about a new Resident Evil title. - Capcom rep

It’s your standard “no comment” and pretty much what I was expecting to hear. However, it’s a lot more promising than hearing that some malicious clerk at Gamestop put the listing in the database. Anyone else hoping that Resident Evil 4 with Wii controls is a real?

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/index.php/2007/03/29/capcoms-stance-on-resident-evil-4-wii-edition/

Anyone else hoping that Resident Evil 4 with Wii controls is a real?

It would be too easy to win those bottlecaps using the wiimote.

:yay:

so thay took it down and people now thinks it means something?.ever think it might be a mistake

Seems plausible. I mean, when work begins on the next Star Wars film, I first expect to hear about it from my local Odeon. ;)

Consdering budget price and the fact that I don't actually own the game, this sounds tempting. Couldn't care less if it didn't happen though.

Even if it's true, if it had 480p, true widescreen, all the PS2 extras plus more, a making of and Wii controls, at that price I'd buy it.

..is everyone in on the same April Fool's joke here..? ..or is there maybe something to all this.. the more sources popping up for this, the more suspicious it gets :hmm:

it isn't a resident evil4 remake , capcom already said that resident evil will take place after Code Veronica and Before Resident evil 4 so with this game the story connects to eachother

it isn't a resident evil4 remake , capcom already said that resident evil will take place after Code Veronica and Before Resident evil 4 so with this game the story connects to eachother

There is seperate SKU for Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles in all three databases. So whatever has happened, this isn't related to RE: UC.

Oh well I've just ordered RE4 for the GC from ebay, something to play over the easter weekend. I can always trade it in if/when the Wii version comes out.

More news on this;

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7142/1/Discounted_Resident_Evil_4_for_Wii?_[_Update_]

Update - Information has leaked out about the 'is it really true' Wii version of Resident Evil 4. After US retailers Gamestop and Blockbuster both listed the game as coming in June for just $29.99, a Japanese store 'Sofmap' also had the game down for 31st May at just 4,380 Yen but quickly pulled the listing. Now, there is some interesting information related to the supposed game release from yet another Japanese retailer (according to Gamefront.de).

Apparently, the game will be fully optimised for the Wii controls, but players can also choose to use the Classic Controller. There will be additional action scenes that are specifically made with the Wii controller in mind. In addition, other than a 'Gallery Mode', there will be the Ada Wong episodes from the PlayStation 2 port. The rest of the game will be identical to the GameCube one after that, except there will be another higher difficulty setting available and more enemies can be on-screen at any one time when compared to the GC original.

So, with all these websites jumping on the listing, quickly pulling it and then information being 'revealed', could this still all be one big mistake? No doubt Capcom's Gamer's Day in mid-April will shed light on the matter.

Stick with Cubed³ until then!

Well that's pretty much what I'd expect Resi 4 Wii to be if it is true!

Guess we'll just have to wait and hear from Capcom!

i hope it is true mind you but i also hope it will be budget priced but with capcom it can work any way(see re evil 2 and 3)

You know, this news popping up reminds me of a thread I had read on cubed3 forums in summer of last year.

Basically, this guy (or girl? can't remember) was telling everyone of his/her knowledge of Nintendos announcements for the next six months. Most of what he said was crap really (eg. MGS4 on wii, HD wii, power to better PS3 etc.), but two of his/her declarations now have a ring of truth to them, namely the return of Spaceworld With A Major Difference (we all saw Nintendo World late last year), and an enhanced port of Resi 4 with more extras.

Gets you thinking about it, eh?:confused:

You know, this news popping up reminds me of a thread I had read on cubed3 forums in summer of last year.

Basically, this guy (or girl? can't remember) was telling everyone of his/her knowledge of Nintendos announcements for the next six months. Most of what he said was crap really (eg. MGS4 on wii, HD wii, power to better PS3 etc.), but two of his/her declarations now have a ring of truth to them, namely the return of Spaceworld With A Major Difference (we all saw Nintendo World late last year), and an enhanced port of Resi 4 with more extras.

Gets you thinking about it, eh?:confused:

not really, space world is always at console launch. RE4 remake is obvious purely because of its financial sense. The only predictions to believe are the ones I make.

It's not a bad idea, and I reckon it would sell. Plus, it's another killer mature title. I hope they'd add all the PS2 extras but keep the GC graphics. I don't just want a port of the PS2 version. I want the nice graphics, then I'll buy :)

well I'd be looking forward to it. Resi 4 came out in a period of time where I was kinda uninterested and I never bothered with it despite loving Resi and having all the others, and I have been thinking of getting this for awhile for the cube, but now if it is coming to the Wii and it benefits from the controls then I'm definitly going to get it.

RE4 was designed for the cube. The way you grip the controller and can only shoot when still was designed for a "claustraphobic" feel according to the designers.... and I really believe this.

the Ps2 the game did not "feel" as good. I hear the PC port was not very good

I believe that the wii version wont be as good as the GC version. That said, it might have the extras not on the GC version and will probably have a demo for Umbrella chronicals.