NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

I hate Krauser,he just doesn't die.No matter how many times I shoot him with Shotgun I just can't make it in 3 minutes.

Knife that sucker.

Knife that sucker.

Does it kill him faster? Never thought of using that,thought the shotgun would do.

Well next time i'm on Resi fighting him i'll give it a try.

Ola!

Guys - can you help me out?

I am wondering if Resi4 Wii was localized or is it multilanguage?

I am looking at the German version and I am wondering if I can select the English language?

Thanks!

It's a bit of a odd situation with the German version. Although I'm don't know if it's multi-language or not for a certain reason. Due to the heavy ammount of censoring in most violent games when released in Germany, Resi4 is a lot different to the rest of the world's versions (besides Japan, which is also heavily censored). I would recommend you import from somewhere else in Europe, just in case, and for less censorship.

Jsut finished this game on Pro mode. Damn it's hard but soooo satisfying once you do. Having Ashley wear the armour costume helps alot as the clumsy Ganado's fool around with her alot and you can pick them off easily that way. Krauser is a bitch to kill - had to use the magnum to finish him off.

I died 101 times all up. Playing through again with all my weapons maxed out and saving up for the Chicago Typewriter and Infinate Rocket launcher. Has anyone seen the little surprise when you return to the lake (from where you orginally started) and go back up the path? Here doggy, wanna play fetch?

Jsut finished this game on Pro mode. Damn it's hard but soooo satisfying once you do. Having Ashley wear the armour costume helps alot as the clumsy Ganado's fool around with her alot and you can pick them off easily that way. Krauser is a bitch to kill - had to use the magnum to finish him off.

I died 101 times all up. Playing through again with all my weapons maxed out and saving up for the Chicago Typewriter and Infinate Rocket launcher. Has anyone seen the little surprise when you return to the lake (from where you orginally started) and go back up the path? Here doggy, wanna play fetch?

Those dogs are a bitch!

You found Krauser hard? Just stand in one spot using your knife; he'll run into you and eventualy die :) I've gone through the game about 10 times and only had to use weapons and healing items the first time i went through it.

I remember reading a previous post where someone said to kill Krauser using just the knife but I found that in between swings he came at me with his big spiky thing and sliced me clean in half. Got very hot and flustered doing it that way so gave up. I'll try again though, must be a timing thing. This game has such terrific replay value.

I remember reading a previous post where someone said to kill Krauser using just the knife but I found that in between swings he came at me with his big spiky thing and sliced me clean in half. Got very hot and flustered doing it that way so gave up. I'll try again though, must be a timing thing. This game has such terrific replay value.

It's so easy actually.Shoot his legs and feet so he crouches down,then run up and slash him.I killed killed him in like 5 slashes and had it over with in 45 seconds.I used the TMP so if you have that,use it.I used 70 odd bullets.

For some reason I can never push myself to go ahead and beat Pro mode, and to finish off Mercenaries... I know I could, and I've got plenty of time, just for some reason, it just seems like its a waste really... Even though the guns you get for beating those modes are completely awesome!

You found Krauser hard? Just stand in one spot using your knife; he'll run into you and eventualy die :) I've gone through the game about 10 times and only had to use weapons and healing items the first time i went through it.

wow, thats the first i heard of this. i always thought Krauser was the hardest boss in the game, ususally use the Killer7 to kill him very quick now, but i'll try this next time i run through the game. :)

I really want to give Mercenaries a good going over but I find it to be very stressful and my blood pressure goes haywire. Deep breaths and preperation I think is what is needed for this part of the game. As for Krauser, well my beefed up freak with pecks for Africa, I'm gonna give you a slash like you've never experienced. Don't worry Ashley, I'm comin' for ya.

wow, thats the first i heard of this. i always thought Krauser was the hardest boss in the game, ususally use the Killer7 to kill him very quick now, but i'll try this next time i run through the game. :)

hehe awesome. basically do this:

-At the beginning of the fight, run up to the room in the corner (where there's a ladder). Stand there and just start using the knife and Krauser will run into you.

-After he disappears and the door unlocks, run through the door and keep running to the East Pillar (don't worry about krauser attacking you). Once you get there he'll appear again; just find some cover and use the knife, and he'll run into you.

-When you're at the VERY top of the final tower, a cutscene appears. Enter the correct button combination and Leon will land right behind Krauser who's stuck in the corner. Knife Knife knife away :)

If you do it right you won't get it at all :)

Hardest boss in the game? I'd say it's probably 'It', just because it goes on forever...and ever...and ever...Dear god he take a lot of bullets.

Is there a way to continue your save in professional mode?

I want to start on Professional mode with all my stuff :heh:

Killing regenerators with only the knife....

It's a great feeling :D

Is that even possible?

Whats the technique?

Regenerators still scare the bejesus out of me i like my sniper rifle.

Anyway,

I just got 5 starts with all characters on all levels on The Mercenaries.

I could never manage that on the GC version, YES, feel the power of the Wiimote you ganado freaks.

Anyway, so yeah i unlocked the handcannon but when i went back to my main game and found the merchant the handcannon wasn't there... does it only come in when a new game is started?

Is there a way to continue your save in professional mode?

I want to start on Professional mode with all my stuff :heh:

Save at the end of the game, so the save file says "New Round", when you want to start a new game don't go to "New Game", load up the "New Round" file

Is that even possible?

Whats the technique?

Regenerators still scare the bejesus out of me i like my sniper rifle.

Anyway,

I just got 5 starts with all characters on all levels on The Mercenaries.

I could never manage that on the GC version, YES, feel the power of the Wiimote you ganado freaks.

Anyway, so yeah i unlocked the handcannon but when i went back to my main game and found the merchant the handcannon wasn't there... does it only come in when a new game is started?

I'm not sure actually. I think you have to start a new round to get it. i remember having to sell a lot to buy it though (cos you need to upgrade it A LOT).

To kill regenerators with the knife just run past em so they attack you, then use the knife on em twice. Repeat a few times and they'll explode :)

Also to those who haven't done Pro mode yet, go do it. It's so amazing. Infact, it made the game for me. It's so much more of a challenge and you have to plan your strategies perfectly.

I was playing through again last night and I made another discovery which I didn't think was possible. That huge cuccoon thing with the insects can be completely destroyed. I never managed it with conventional weapons (although I didn't really try) but the laser weapon just kills it and showers the floor in sparkly goodness. This game just keeps on surprising me. Wonderful!

I was playing through again last night and I made another discovery which I didn't think was possible. That huge cuccoon thing with the insects can be completely destroyed. I never managed it with conventional weapons (although I didn't really try) but the laser weapon just kills it and showers the floor in sparkly goodness. This game just keeps on surprising me. Wonderful!

Actually I destroyed the Novistator cocoon with the Rocket Launcher everytime I played through the game, including the first time. And that's why I never had the Rocket Launcher when I most needed it.... against Verdugo! Until I got the Infinite Launcher that is. :)

What's funny is that on my very first play through the game, I actually killed Verdugo with normal weapons (that is, without Rocket Laucher, but with all the others, like Magnum, shotgun and TMP). I have no idea how I killed that thing the first time. I remember I killed him in the elevator room, I had used all the Nitrogen tanks and many Magnum bullets right in its head.

Problem is I've repeated that many times since, but he never dies.... After the last tank is used, he still remains alive and I have to use the elevator without killing him. But I know for sure I killed him the first time because I remember I completed the Royal Crown on my first playthrough. :confused:

Anyway, I started a Round 4 today and I'm mainly using Infinite Rocket Launcher and I'm trying to beat the game as fast as I can. Not really a speed run for world contests, but more just for me. I completed the first disc in 2h20m. That's up till the Island for those of you who only know the Wii version.

I found Krauser easy too. For the first parts I just used the sniper rifle and used the pillars to my advantage until he crosses over, to which i switch to shotguns and grenades (rule 1 for me is to stock 3 hand, flash and incendinary in case of boss or el gigante, etc), then when I got to the final part, I just used the TMP, possibly the second time in the game, first being when i ran out of other ammo. Shoot at the legs from far away, aim for the head close up, both open up his body i find, to which i keep shooting at his head. I had lots of ammo, so I barely let go of the trigger and shot away and finished really quick. Just don't forget the QTE dodging too, I find you don't need to move as most of Krauser's attacks are QTE and only rarely will he kick you instead, to which if you shoot well you shouldn't have a problem.

Hardest boss for me was probably Verdugo, I just thought you had to let the timer go down while surviving, but then on another playthrough i now realise you can use the liquid nitrogen to freeze, then you shatter him, best with the free rocket launcher. Also hate the chainsaw ganado on the waterworld level on mercenaries, he just doesnt stop, can blow a perfectly good score with one mistake :(

@...

How did you find out the name of the elevator enemy? I know the game mentions a few boss' names through the memos collected in the game but I didn't know he was called "Verdugo" Very interesting. I love learning the names of enemies and the like in games.

Krauser I found to reasonably easy. TMP to shoot his feet and then a swift magnum in the chops. IF I run out of ammo, the knife suffices. I found Parasite Salazar amazingly difficult - refused to get the rocket launcher.

@...

How did you find out the name of the elevator enemy? I know the game mentions a few boss' names through the memos collected in the game but I didn't know he was called "Verdugo" Very interesting. I love learning the names of enemies and the like in games.

I learnt it on the Internet and I too wonder how the first person found out. :heh: Maybe Capcom leaked it somehow, but people seem to always know character names, even if they're not in the games.

He can also be reffered to as "Right Hand", as Salazar calls him his right hand. And Leon replies "Your right hand comes off?" :D

I suprised myself the other day and actually cleared the game

Thought I didnt have it in me to finish it but I did, and am now enjoying seperate ways. Its great how you unlock so much stuff after beating the game! But then again Capcom are good at stuff like that

Out of interest, where do you find 'Luis' Memo 2'.

I can never remember where it is lol.

If my memory serves me correctly I've finished the game in 2hrs 15 minutes (give or take 10 minutes, and on the GC version)

It's a bit of a odd situation with the German version. Although I'm don't know if it's multi-language or not for a certain reason. Due to the heavy ammount of censoring in most violent games when released in Germany, Resi4 is a lot different to the rest of the world's versions (besides Japan, which is also heavily censored). I would recommend you import from somewhere else in Europe, just in case, and for less censorship.

Oi!

Thanks for the info!

I went to the store on Monday to pick up the Wii - they had Resi and it was multi so I picked it up. Currently it doesn't feel any different to the Cube version so I have no idea if it is the edited one or not.

BUT it really doesn't matter since the game is a blast.

BUT thanks again for the info - I'll keep this in mind for future games!

Well I wasn't as close to the end as I thought, expected where salazar was to be end, it felt like the game was building up to an ending expecting to meet him then saddler but thank god I was wrong!