NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

You could get a chainsaw controller for the Cube version, but all I see is the CPU with chainsaws. Is it actually possible to get one?

You could get a chainsaw controller for the Cube version, but all I see is the CPU with chainsaws. Is it actually possible to get one?

No, unfortunately.

Mercenaries is so bloody good. They could make it a seperate game and i'd be interested lol. What's everyone's highest score on it?

No, unfortunately.

Mercenaries is so bloody good. They could make it a seperate game and i'd be interested lol. What's everyone's highest score on it?

Who's your favorite charcter? Mine's gotta be Wesker, as the best weapons. Krauser is good too as he's got the arm!

Hunk's my favourite, if only for his neck-snapper move.

Hunk's a beast, but Ada is my favourite character.

A maxed out TMP and Rifle...well, you can't go wrong! Especially considering how much ammo you get for the TMP.

Wesker and Krauser are pretty cool (don't you just LOVE killing people in 1 hit with Krauser's arm).

Leon...well he's just plain awful.

Leon's alright! Well on the castle level anyways... I got a 44 hit combo with him! Pretty savage I say!

But I tear it up with Krauser! 94 thouasnd or something on The Village level!

Leon's alright! Well on the castle level anyways... I got a 44 hit combo with him! Pretty savage I say!

But I tear it up with Krauser! 94 thouasnd or something on The Village level!

105,000ish with Ada on Village and 110,000 with Ada on the hunk level.

wow... I can't seem to do any good at all with Ada!

She's amazing :heh:

Just spam the TMP and rifle and you're fine.

I've started pro mode now, with special costume 2. It's a shame Leon reverts to the standard costume in the cut scenes though.

Also picked up the Chicago Typewriter on Separate Ways, love that gun.

Actually I noticed something on the credits for SW that I didn't spot the first time round...

...After Ada goes off on the chopper and most of the staff names have gone by, you can see Leon and Ashley ride into the distance on the Jet Ski!...

...thought that was a very nice touch. icon14.gif

Cool music too, although not as cool as the jazzy tune on the Assignment Ada credits. :awesome:

You can start Pro mode with special costumes? Do you get to start with all your weapons and stuff as well? I never tried Pro mode even on the Cube version just seemed silly to me. But now I want to fully complete the game!

You can start Pro mode with special costumes?
As long as you've beaten the game at least once yeah.

Do you get to start with all your weapons and stuff as well?
Nah, weapons and items only get carried over to a new game for the same difficulty level. It would ruin pro mode really if you got to keep all your stuff from easy or normal.

hmmm.. does your handgun ever get powerfull enough to kill anybody with just ONE headshot? I mean i feel a bit silly shoting those enemies 4 times in the head and they still keep on advancing.. did they issue Leon an airgun?

Is there some reason I can't buy the chicago typewriter on pro. I know you can't carry over guns and money from an easier mode, but can you even buy the special weapons on your first play through?

hmmm.. does your handgun ever get powerfull enough to kill anybody with just ONE headshot? I mean i feel a bit silly shoting those enemies 4 times in the head and they still keep on advancing.. did they issue Leon an airgun?

The handgun is cool because once you upgrade to exclusive level the critical hit rate is five times the previous, so one hit kills become quite frequent. Its a gun I like to hold onto.

is it realy better than the cube version?

Easily.

Is there any way I can defeat the Regenerators without using the infrared scope or the minelauncher? (I foolishly sold the infrared scope earlier on to afford the Killer7, and there aren't any merchants near by where I can get a mine launcher)

I can beat them with a knife :)...You can do it easily with a shotgun/ TMP/ grenades too.

I just cleared that big room shortly after you fight the first 'prisoner' and just before you have to stop the guys on the walkway taking ashley and thought 'jobs a good'un' only for me to slash at a vase with my knife and ashley to stand up right behind me and die.

:(

I just cleared that big room shortly after you fight the first 'prisoner' and just before you have to stop the guys on the walkway taking ashley and thought 'jobs a good'un' only for me to slash at a vase with my knife and ashley to stand up right behind me and die.

:(

I did that once and was so very angry. My mate picked up a Wii the other day and snapped this up with it. He reckons the feeling of stabbing is the best thing!

Loving Pro mode, but I didn’t realize…

…choosing special costume 2 made Ashley invincible!

:o

I was kind of worried about doing all those difficult parts where you have to protect her on Pro but not anymore.

In fact, she has become like something of a weapon for me now, as I just let the Ganado’s try to capture her and when they fall over after trying to pick her up I let em’ have it with the knife!...

…great way to conserve ammunition. :grin:

Loving Pro mode, but I didn’t realize…

…choosing special costume 2 made Ashley invincible!

:o

I was kind of worried about doing all those difficult parts where you have to protect her on Pro but not anymore.

In fact, she has become like something of a weapon for me now, as I just let the Ganado’s try to capture her and when they fall over after trying to pick her up I let em’ have it with the knife!...

…great way to conserve ammunition. :grin:

Ha yeah I know, I just use her as a decoy. For example:

When you enter the water room with Ashely, and you have to guard her when she raises the platforms, I had her stand at once side of the room to split the Ganados. I'm convinced I wouldn't have been able to do that bit without the help of the armour.

Pro mode is so hard. I'm really scared to go on now i'm here:

Ashely has just been taken away again (removing my advantage) and now I got to the bit with the two Blind guys, followed by the henchman. Not looking forward to it.

Wait are BOTH the costumes not in cutscenes in the Wii version? In the Gamecube version you had the RPD uniform in cutscenes because it was the only special outfit on that version and all Gamecube cutscenes were rendered in real time. On the PS2 there wasn't because the cutscenes were all videos exported from the Gamecube version.