NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

I bottled it, sold my Gamecube version today and preodered the Wii version from PLAY. My girlfriend (we completed the cube version together) is working on a production with me for 3 weeks so staying at mine, we're planning on finishing it again and the ADA mission - ah, so romantic!! :)

For $30 on Amazon it's a helluva of a deal!

That's almost exactly £15! That's not fair!

Fucking huge UK VAT...

Two of my friends are getting this, and as I've just got BiA DS and FFVI, I'll wait and borrow it off them.

Actaully, I have a problem: I left my DS's charger at a mates house, at the next time I'll probably see him is Monday at the very earliest, which is a pity as my DS battery is flat, and I can't find my old GBA...

I bottled it, sold my Gamecube version today and preodered the Wii version from PLAY. My girlfriend (we completed the cube version together) is working on a production with me for 3 weeks so staying at mine, we're planning on finishing it again and the ADA mission - ah, so romantic!! :)

Haha, I wish my bird was so accomodating, I've been subjected to 'Britain's Got Talent' every night this week. It's actually not that bad, but Resi Evil 4 is better lol

Haha, I wish my bird was so accomodating, I've been subjected to 'Britain's Got Talent' every night this week. It's actually not that bad, but Resi Evil 4 is better lol

Haha! lolz @ u

I only just realized it's so close to release for this game.... i might trade in Wario Ware for it, i hardly ever play that anymore

I only just realized it's so close to release for this game.... i might trade in Wario Ware for it, i hardly ever play that anymore

Yer it is really close. I'm not sure which game to buy next between Manhunt 2 and Res 4. I'm tempted to go for manhunt just because i have played res 4 on the cube but i still want it!

Yer it is really close. I'm not sure which game to buy next between Manhunt 2 and Res 4. I'm tempted to go for manhunt just because i have played res 4 on the cube but i still want it!

Dont forget scarface is out on the 29th too - and scored a very respectable 8.5

Cancelled my pre-order :( Not got much money in the bank at the moment, but I really do want this game! The community feature thread brought back so much memories, that I look forward to replaying all of them on my Wii. Might pop into Tesco or ASDA on the 29th tho, as they might have it for £20, fingers crossed.

Considering Resi 4 has already been played to death by myself and many others, I'm going with Manhunt 2 'and' Scarface. As good as Resi 4 was, the morsels of new features just don't justify the dinero to me. Plus I don't think I have the gaul to replay the game knowing what the plot accumulates to. I've also never played Scarface nor the Manhunt series and I'm looking forwad to a fresh, deep experience. I'm also a firm believer in giving new Wii developers a chance to shine. Which, from what I've read; Manhunt and Scarface both do.

Let's hope the sales are good from both games as Sierra and Rockstar are both talented developers who will have used these games as learning steps for both the Wii's market and developmental environment.:laughing:

Dont forget scarface is out on the 29th too - and scored a very respectable 8.5

Arh more game selection headaches! lol, i never even realised that was out so soon, i'm not used to this good choice of games for the wii!

eurogamer review. sorry if already posted

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=77839

Hmm, don't know quite what to say about that? Well I've seen videos of people using the Wiimote with no real problems as such.

May have to wait for some established sites opnion on the game, but I'll admit after reading that I'm a bit more tentative about whether to buy Resi 4 again.

Playstation 2: "Being able to aim quickly and with precision is the key to enjoying Resi 4 - because that's pretty much the bulk of what you'll be doing throughout the game as you fend off a succession of demented plague-ridden Spanish villagers."

Err....

Did they play a totally different version of the PS2 RE4? Because you CAN'T aim quickly at all. It's utterly slow...

Eurogamer seem to be unable to use the Wii Remote's pointer. Look at their SSX Blur review

More thought might have gone into the interface, though. It sounds like a small point, but in a game that uses the Wiimote's pointer to navigate menus, why bunch all the buttons so closely together? And for goodness sake don't put "Continue" and "Give Up" right next to each other when the latter doesn't even want a confirmation prompt to dump you unceremoniously back to the level hub. Accidentally quitting midway through a tournament is bound to happen once or twice if you're not mindful, so be careful out there.

The actual buttons are massive, and only a fool would press the wrong one. My 6 year old sister can use the Remote better than them.

Wait, what date is Resi4 out? Scarface is the 29th yeah, so is resi the week before or the same day?

Wait, what date is Resi4 out? Scarface is the 29th yeah, so is resi the week before or the same day?

RE4: 29th June

Scarface: 6th July

Is manhunt the week after that? Because that means one excellent wii game a week for 3 weeks! Yeah! :bouncy:

Everyones raving about this game and then i read Eurogamers review and it's kinda negative, strange.

I already played the game, so I can say honestly: that review is a pile of shit.

I already played the game, so I can say honestly: that review is a pile of shit.

I've played it too :heh:

No seriously what did you think about the aiming especially and did you notice a difference graphics wise from Gamecube *be honest now:heh: *

Luckily he himself admits he's a gaming dinosaur.

The aiming hasn't been complained about by anyone and now he comes up with the fact that he can't handle the analog stick and Wiimote aiming together (obviously hasn't played Twilight Princess) and he says that it isn't on par with high definition games. That was poor, to be honest.

Dear lord can eurogamer even play the wii? Their BLUR review was also a piece of shit.

god the Eurogamer review was horrible :(

I hope IGN give it a better score; they said in their podcast they thought it was the best version.