NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

Just because its Resident Evil 4 doesn't mean capcom should be praised by slapping Wiimote movements on.

I can forgive them for porting if it is a budget release ...as it looks to be.

I can forgive them for porting if it is a budget release ...as it looks to be.

Yeah, if it was full price it would be kind dodgy.

Yeah, if it was full price it would be UBISOFT.
Fixed! :D

I will absolutly get this one! (budget price...)

Will it be like £24.99 or £29.99 here? because even though £29.99 ain't bad, that ain't budget price in my eyes.

i was kind of in favour of this until i saw how the controls are going to be played. It's very uninspiring really? This is nintendos fault for giving the devs the idea of WII-Makes

apparently the PC remake was horrendous. So capcom have no qualms about cashing in with a lame port. They got RE5 to establish the quality again

iThis is nintendos fault for giving the devs the idea of WII-Makes

Not really. There has been great demand for RE4's Cube version, and game's 2nd hand sales are quite high. Re-printing Cube version isn't simply neiter practical or economically viable this late on the game. Capcom is just doing wiimake that doesn't practically cost anything for them, but guarantees more sales than just re-printing Cube version. Plus Capcom knows, that if marketed correctly, this version can expand series audience. It's just smart business thinking.

And why people are aren't bitching how Sony kept PSOne budget range on print long after PS2 was introduced to market? This is practically same thing, except that there is actual bonus content.

apparently the PC remake was horrendous. So capcom have no qualms about cashing in with a lame port.

PC-port was made by Ubisoft, and Capcom hadn't nothing to with it or its Q/A. Wasn't really surprising remembering how bad Ubisoft's earlier Capcom ports had been.

Some things are pointing towards this game being a ps2 port. If it is I have lost all faith in capcom.

Some things are pointing towards this game being a ps2 port.

And most things are pointing that it isn't PS2 version. For example, PS2 version didn't have all enemy models that we have seen in the screenshots, and neither it did have dithering (only visible in progressive mode) or mist effect. It is Cube version, goddamnit. :)

You are a clever one.. aren't you :P

The lighting in the screens are supposedly worse than the cube version.

Some things are pointing towards this game being a ps2 port. If it is I have lost all faith in capcom.

Are you on acids? Nothing points to this. Nor would it make any kind of sense.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this is capcom just pissing all over the Wii?

Xbox360 and Ps3 get Resident Evil 5 and we get this and a light gun game?

A port essentially, what we have all been complaining about for a while.

The high amount of PS2 ports because thats effectively what it is, it is more a port of the ps version than the gcube one.

They reveal this and everyones wetting themselves at the prospect. EVERYBODY ALREADY HAS THIS GAME.

When the sales figures come back saying it didn't sell as much as they were expecting it just seems like an excuse to drop support if they ever think the Wii is failing.

'Our Resident Evil 4 port didn't sell so we assume the Wii is only for less mature players'

I want fresh material. Not fucking lazy ports. Just because its Resident Evil 4 doesn't mean capcom should be praised by slapping Wiimote movements on.

QFT

couldn't have said it any better!

What's the problem with ports? They suck. Usually.

This one doesn't. What's left to whine about?

What's the problem with ports? They suck. Usually.

This one doesn't. What's left to whine about?

well how do you know it won't suck? capcom don't have a good reputation with ports in fact in my opinion all japanese developers suck at them for some reason. Did anyone ever play super monkey ball deluxe on the ps2? Christ almighty

Fair enough Dante. Im not going to say the game will suck, because if won't. What I'm dissapointed about is Camcom's willingness to port and rehash. Is something Original too much to ask for.

Fair enough Dante. Im not going to say the game will suck, because if won't. What I'm dissapointed about is Camcom's willingness to port and rehash. Is something Original too much to ask for.

Capcom's Wii list so far

• Resident Evil 4: WII
  • Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
  • Treasure Island Z
  • Devil Kings 2

Also Capcom Gamer's Day will be showing new games on friday night

Capcom's Wii list so far

• Treasure Island Z
  • Devil Kings 2

Well I can only hope for some VJ3:awesome:

Oh my god Dante, I am saving that picture and using it everytime someone whines about an unreleased game :D

On screens I think it looks better than the Cube version, slightly - seems clearer, probably due to a higher resolution but nothing more.

At the end of the day ports are the perfect way to try things out on a new system. Capcom release an existing game, which will take relatively little time to port over - sell it at a budget price and both the consumer and Capcom get a quick and easy way of seeing how proper Resi (And similar games) can work on the Wii.

Capcom's Wii list so far

• Treasure Island Z
  • Devil Kings 2

So is that today? as in 'This friday night' then?