NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

I hope they improve lighting and add some anti aliasing because in progressive it doesn't actually look as good as in interlaced because it's clearer.

But I don't expect them to do any major upgrades because the game is still looking great especially compared to all the graphically underwhelming things we were treated to by some companies.

It would be really cool if they improved the models though, surely Leon doesn't really need a workover but higher res enemies would be nice.

Taken from the other-forum:

ada.jpg

hmmmmmmmmm...

It's a stupid comparison because the screens aren't of the same thing!

The Wii version does however look to be better.

Ada's hair is better modelled, the ribbon around her neck is more detailed and the buckle look better, as does her skin and the lighting on her.

The level in the background also seems clearer and more detailed.

The thing making the Wii screen look bad is the ribbon down her back, but that looks bad in the PS2 version aswell!

Again though the screens aren't the same so you can't really compare!

Gonintendo posted some of the possible covers..

thumb_DSC00454.jpgthumb_449258892_fe5b97d570_o.jpg

I really don't like the CGI crap feast.. Resident Evil Pal covers are SUPERIOR! :grin:

I'm sorry to say this but are they feckin serious? The Wii got shitty ports already, why more? (NOT saying that RE4 is shitty, its excellent).

I wouldn't even touch this is it was in the bargain-bin. I've finished the game 3 times already on my cube, why waste another 40-50 quid on a 2 year old game?

The Wii got shitty ports already, why more? (NOT saying that RE4 is shitty, its excellent).
You answered your own question.
I wouldn't even touch this is it was in the bargain-bin. I've finished the game 3 times already on my cube, why waste another 40-50 quid on a 2 year old game?
So don't buy it, there are others who haven't played it, or would like to try it with Wii controls!

Anyway it's going to be a budget title!

I'm sorry to say this but are they feckin serious? The Wii got shitty ports already, why more? (NOT saying that RE4 is shitty, its excellent).

Noone would waste £40 on it - it looks like it will be £20.

Just the aiming alone makes it awesome, with the PS2 extras and bargain price, I'll buy it for sure. I always said that the wiimote would be great for aming in RE4 style games.

Anyway it's going to be a budget title!

is this confirmed?

Some of us thought re 2 and re 3 may be budget title after all and what about rival swords?

is this confirmed?

Yeah. Famitsu said that price is 4400 yens, which is standard price for budget titles there. Same sum has always turned to 30 dollars* when game is released in USA. Of course, I can't wait to see how local distributor is going to rip us off.

* In reality, however, 4400 yens is about 36 dollars.

I'll probably buy it.

And of course I'll sell my old copy and a few other old games (smugglers run, PSO and Nightfire)...

Keep your GC title, mate. Resi 4 on the GC may become very rare in the future.

I've only completed the game once, so I'll probably buy this, plus it's got the PS2 extras, so I don't mind.

what's the ps2 extras? I never played that version and is it worth getting it for them?

what's the ps2 extras? I never played that version and is it worth getting it for them?
The main thing is an Ada side quest called 'Seperate Ways' that lasts around 5-8hrs maybe,

There's also a couple more weapons and costumes, but they don't really add anything.

Get the wii version intead :p

As for being worth... depends; sure some of them are good extras, but that build of the game is alot inferior to the GC one so the eye candy, framerate and even gameplay really suffer, GC is still the best version (by far).

That said Separate Ways a mode where you play as Ada through all the game before the assignment ada, is ace, and being clocked at 6 hours or so really expands the longevity of the title.

Other extras like the extra weapons and suits... meh.

Great news, they just earned by money.

Hey mate, do you know if the extras from the PS2 version will be bumped up graphically to meet the standards of the rest of the game.

Hey mate, do you know if the extras from the PS2 version will be bumped up graphically to meet the standards of the rest of the game.

Of course they will be. They use the same chipsets and stuff, so the graphics on the part of the game that came from the PS2 will look like everything else.

I actually feel very tempted to buy this again. Maybe this could be the only true RE we'll get this generation.

There's hardly any news about RE5 so it's pretty far from being finished and that could mean that there's no other RE this gen apart from UC (which is on-rails) for the Wii owners.

On the other hand if this sells well Capcom would probably port RE5.

It would be quite nice though if we could use our GC saves so we don't have to unlock everything again.

I'm rather looking forward to this. Given its commonly rated as one of the best games on the Cube, and I never had one, it means I get to have a go at what I missed out on. Having widescreen etc is a big bonus!

Resi 4 is probably my favourite game ever. I own it on both PS2 and GC and this version, as long as it turns out well should give me the best of both worlds + improved controls and proper widescreen :D

Not only that but I'll make more than the money RE4 Wii will cost me by selling the other 2 versions. Hurrah.

Resi 4 is probably my favourite game ever. I own it on both PS2 and GC and this version, as long as it turns out well should give me the best of both worlds + improved controls and proper widescreen :D

The best of both worlds is (GCN) better graphics, improved controls + (PS2) proper widescreen and extra content.

:grin:

It's supposadely been confirmed for a June 25th USA release.

NO European date was given, how shocking.....