NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

I think that the weapons that in reality would have laseraim (The pistols, the grenadelauncher and the TMP) should have that, while the ones that in reality wouldn't (shotguns, Red9, the sniperrifles, chicago typewriter and the revolver) should have ironsights.

Well.. in 'reality' you wouldn't be able to see the laser sight without some smoke or something for the light to reflect/refract on, you'd only see a little red dot :heh:

Red 9 with the shoulder stock attached

Red 9 with a NEW stock connected.

The one in the old GC version was a wooden rifle stock.

This seems to be a metal assaultrifle stock:

quizjo1.jpg

The different coulour cursors in the screen shots (green + red) indicate different players .......... and maybe two player multiplayer ~???

Red 9 with a NEW stock connected.

The one in the old GC version was a wooden rifle stock.

This seems to be a metal assaultrifle stock:

There was a TMP Stock and a Red 9 Stock in Resi 4, are you sure it's not just the Red 9 Stock!

op_07.jpg

• D-pad: camera, reload
  • A: action button
  • B: cancel, attack when A is held down
  • +: Ashley's actions
  • -: "status screen" and "demo skip"
  • 1: map
  • 2: options
  • Waggle: "search knife", reload, knife attack
  • Stick: player movement
  • C: knife attack when A is held
  • Z: run, 180 degree turn

Yuck. No thanks.

You can either waggle it (stronger attack) or use it the normal way (weaker attack)

The different coulour cursors in the screen shots (green + red) indicate different players .......... and maybe two player multiplayer ~???

Or that the crosshair turns red when you target an enemy.

Or that the crosshair turns red when you target an enemy.

yeah that would make a lot of sense. I really hope the controls to this game are perfected for it's release; honestly it would be so awesome if they got it right.

Yuck. No thanks.

Why the hell not? I find this waggle hate ridiculous.

Yeh, makes more sense then pressing a button, lol. And isn't the Wii all about being more interactive with the game? :P

Only a complete faggot would complain about the waggle for the knife, especially when there's a button option as well anyway.

Sounds like shooting is handled through holding A to go into the aiming mode then b to shoot. Would've felt more natural as Z to aim to me but I guess this works.

I'm complaining about the waggle because it should be like if you slice up it slices up, if you slice right it slices right etc. but instead it'll just be like Zelda.

I'm complaining about the waggle because it should be like if you slice up it slices up, if you slice right it slices right etc. but instead it'll just be like Zelda.

Haha, why's everyone ganging up on you mate? If it can be done in Wii Baseball why not in this? Don't say 'it's a Gamecube port' because that's a bollocks excuse. It's having Wii controls added. They just couldn't be bothered to do it properly. Same with this not being in full widescreen.

Yeah I agree! There's no reason why different actions can't be implemented by Capcom for the knife than just a stupid waggle!

Nah, more than likely goes from green to red whenever it passes over a 'hit' area.

I agree with Stocka as well. The knife should slice where your moving it...

I kinda let Zelda get away with it because it was a brand new epic game. Resident Evil 4 isn't and Capcom should have really concentrated on the Wii controls a little more as they would have had alot of time to!

Lets hope the game features alot of new Wii-mote ideas!! :D

Yeah I agree! There's no reason why different actions can't be implemented by Capcom for the knife than just a stupid waggle!

Well they would pretty much have to redesign the entire games mechanics from the ground up, as well as rebuilding levels (the Krauser knife fights in particular) to incorperate it without being a hinderence to the player. And then of course most players would just be running around slashing wildly at enemies anyway, so what would be the point? It's not like they can just shoehorn it in with some glue at the end, it would have to something that was part of the design process from the very point of conception.

All they'd need to do is make some higher resolution textures, and add some anti aliasing, and it'd make the World of difference. I don't think they will though.