NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

ok lock this if you so which! It doesn't really fit in the Umbrella Corporations thread.

I'm not sure what to read into this, but gonintendo have reported it as news, go to http://www.gonintendo.com and it's the latest news article. here's the gamestop link:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&product%5Fid=230095

I know retailers sites aren't the post reliable sources, but thought I'd post it none the less...

Better not be true. I'm sick of Wii games being ports, yes, even if the quality is as high as Resi 4

If there are any extras I'd be sure to get it. Even though I've already completed the game 9 times :\.

If there are any extras I'd be sure to get it. Even though I've already completed the game 9 times :\.

lol same as. professional mode was uber awesome.

The game looks a hell of a lot better than most Wii games, so don't complain.

oh come on! THis is about as true as blazings angels being on-line! I'm getting sick of this

I think Gamestop actually listed High School Musical with Microphone Attachment before the announcement.

I'd love this, since I never bothered to pick up the original, and as much as it isn't needed it would be cool if they tried to show off the graphical power of the Wii just as they did with the Gamecube!

and as much as it isn't needed it would be cool if they tried to show off the graphical power of the Wii just as they did with the Gamecube!
I wouldn't go expecting any graphical updates, it would most likely be a port of the GC or PS2 version. Capcom have many other projects taking up their time!

Aww man, I was thinking of picking up RE4 for the GC this weekend. Now I'm not sure whether I should wait or not. Grrr.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

pick it up this clearly is a mistake...OMG gamestop know something we don't!!!

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

yes I would go with these two views, which is why as I said, retailers aren't the most reliable. Also a lack of widespread reporting of this story seems to show it is perhaps not true...

:D At least most companies try and cover up the fact that their new games are almost exactly the same as the ones they released years ago.

Then again, Capcom are behind Street Fighter and Megaman...

This isnt the kind of thing Capcom would do. They are a respected games company. If EA was behind the game, it would defintley be true, but I don't belive this.

Resi 4 could be an unlockable in RE:UC, or avaivable on a limited edition bonus disk in Japan?

This isnt the kind of thing Capcom would do. They are a respected games company.

This is *exactly* what Capcom would be doing. I mean, these guys released same game to GBA and DS at same time. But anyways, I could understand logic behind this move. Gamecube version's print has run out about six months ago, and game goes for rather high prices in Ebay. Of course, Capcom doesn't get anything from 2nd hand sales. Instead of reprinting Cube version, Capcom could release RE4 again with improved controls, few extras, slightly improved graphics and budget price. Guarantees at least 200 000 sold copies, as it would also sell to diehard resi-fans.

Following the link, gamespot aparently removed it. Could be a typo but I remember they were the ones who revealed that special RE pack for GC last year (10th aniversary edition) with RE0, RE remake and RE4.

Anyway, I'd buy it for 30€ no doubt, specially if it had assignment ada in it.

They're probably using RE4 engine on RE:UC so they'll probably can just pass the tuned up control scheme onto original RE4 game. Assignment Ada cutscenes were recorded of from GC builds of the game actually, just like the other game FMV's who were in-game on the cube.

Should be pretty easy to pull of on Capcom's side. Also the patch for RE4 PC is being done in japan, sure that PC version is crap, but they would probably sample down some texture and put it in this build.

For example on the barrel cutscene (with the big cheese) that barrel looks awful close up, they could replace textures like that, if they were to have a little extra work.

:D At least most companies try and cover up the fact that their new games are almost exactly the same as the ones they released years ago.

Then again, Capcom are behind Street Fighter and Megaman...

Yeah like ubisoft calling PoP The Two Thrones... Rival Swords instead and selling it for 50€.

I'd say Capcom is more honest, and their game is simply better in the first place (and not a imcomplete conclusive part of a triology released last gen), their list price is also cheaper, what I'd call pay less for more next to ubisofts offer.

This isnt the kind of thing Capcom would do. They are a respected games company. If EA was behind the game, it would defintley be true, but I don't belive this.

Resi 4 could be an unlockable in RE:UC, or avaivable on a limited edition bonus disk in Japan?

Unlikely, Capcom doesn't like to give things free, and if they were to use a double layer DVD in RE:UC I'd rather if they'd use it for the game itself.

This is *exactly* what Capcom would be doing. I mean, these guys released same game to GBA and DS at same time. But anyways, I could understand logic behind this move. Gamecube version's print has run out about six months ago, and game goes for rather high prices in Ebay. Of course, Capcom doesn't get anything from 2nd hand sales. Instead of reprinting Cube version, Capcom could release RE4 again with improved controls, few extras, slightly improved graphics and budget price. Guarantees at least 200 000 sold copies, as it would also sell to diehard resi-fans.

yeah exactly we are talking the company that released Resi 2 and 3 without any improvements on cube...

Capcom founder Kenzo Tsujimoto said this today "The chief difference between American and Japanese game publishers: In the United States, publishers are very successful – they're run by professional management. They focus on money, not making great games. On our side, we always operate under the assumption that there's a high possibility of losing money, but that's just our style. American publishers make games so everyone can play. The Japanese – especially Capcom – favor the hardcore gamer."

This is exactly what Capcom would do. Check the Virtual Console thread. Capcom released Street Fighter II ages ago, now they are releasing a superior version of the game.

This is exactly what Capcom would do. Check the Virtual Console thread. Capcom released Street Fighter II ages ago, now they are releasing a superior version of the game.

Yeah. Capcom then release the best version of SF2, Super Street Fighter 2.

you know what name one EA remake?and i mean a proper remake?

you know what name one EA remake?and i mean a proper remake?

Well I meant ports.

Besides, I forgot about the Resi 2, 3 and CV ports on the GC. Silly me :heh:

Ok, Capcom are Bastards! Happy now? lol