NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

Man, this is quite something. And they've done this consistently throughout the years, always from the same artist? They really thought they'd get away with it, huh?
I figure this means they can't milk Resident Evil as easily as before. Not the titles with the stolen content, anyway. Some textures can be changed for rereleases... but not the logo!
Why can't you change the logo for a re-release

3 minutes ago, bob said:
1 hour ago, Jonnas said:
Man, this is quite something. And they've done this consistently throughout the years, always from the same artist? They really thought they'd get away with it, huh?
I figure this means they can't milk Resident Evil as easily as before. Not the titles with the stolen content, anyway. Some textures can be changed for rereleases... but not the logo!

Why can't you change the logo for a re-release

Capcom couldn't even bothered to make a decent icon for the Switch Menu (It's just a screenshot of the title screen, and it's not even a good one)

• Like 1

My presumption came more from the idea that the logo is already fundamentally tied to the game and its marketing, in all of its multiple rereleases. Just like I can't imagine the logo for, say, Pokémon or Sonic 3 & Knuckles ever getting changed, I assumed the same here.

But then I remembered that the Final Fantasy series has retroactively changed some logos in the past, so maybe I'm wrong on this. And maybe Capcom will. Doing so would also force Capcom to actually put some effort into a change for one of these rereleases too.

12 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

My presumption came more from the idea that the logo is already fundamentally tied to the game and its marketing, in all of its multiple rereleases. Just like I can't imagine the logo for, say, Pokémon or Sonic 3 & Knuckles ever getting changed, I assumed the same here.

But then I remembered that the Final Fantasy series has retroactively changed some logos in the past, so maybe I'm wrong on this. And maybe Capcom will. Doing so would also force Capcom to actually put some effort into a change for one of these rereleases too.

All Capcom would have to do is remove or change the scratch pattern on the 4. 

1 hour ago, Cube said:

All Capcom would have to do is remove or change the scratch pattern on the 4. 

Maybe, but that's already more than they usually do

• Like 1

Man, Resi Evil 4 on Switch still annoys me.

Here's a great opportunity to combine the HD version with motion controls kinda like the Wii version, but nope, couldn't be bothered!

So close to getting a proper definitive version there...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1