NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
thirtynine.

Microsoft's just waiting for Wii fanboys to grow up

Target Markets:

360/PS3 - Gamers

Wii - Everyone

Nintendo doesnt just want a slice of the market share pie. They want to make the pie even bigger than it was before and take more of it. Seems like Microsoft is realising its potential now.

WiiC for me too.

Viva la revolution

EDIT: can we make it WiiCDS or is it too long???

i know a bunch of 13- 14 year olds.

they all used to be sony fan boys but now almost all of them own a wii and don't even want another system.

Target Markets:

360/PS3 - Gamers

Wii - Everyone

Nintendo doesnt just want a slice of the market share pie. They want to make the pie even bigger than it was before and take more of it. Seems like Microsoft is realising its potential now.

Were you always so good in repeating the catch-phrases of Nintendo? Off course they want to bigger the pie - but do take it with a grain of salt. The PlayStation increased the size of our pie enormously. It's not like Nintendo is doing something that nobody did before (except, off course, the controller). And Microsoft might have a point here, from a strategic position. The Xbox360 is aimed at these groups of individuals. I hate it when Nintendo says that a game is accesible for people from ages 3 to 77. So, I, the experienced gamer who played for ten years, can be defeated by grandma of 77 and by mt little brother of 3? That's nice of you, Nintendo - iving me the feeling I've been playing games for years with no valua to m:y skills whatsoever anymore.

Microsoft is aiming at those who are at a gaming age and wants them to compete on this age. Show off what they can do. Just like 18-year olds like to brag about their strengths to 8-year olds. And this competition is what drives Xbox360. So, in Microsoft defense, it's strategic to say this thing.

Wich doesn't make it right, but it makes it understandable in a marketing stance.

ahh the old days...Sega said it.....then sony said it.....and now microsoft said it...CMON think of something original rather than We do what NINTENDONT!

Oooh, Aint Microsoft a bitch!

Not long before the handbags are out boys.

or should that be handbag.

Oooh, Aint Microsoft a bitch!

Not long before the handbags are out boys.

or should that be handbag.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

All i'm saying is that Nintendo rarely say anything this bitchy, the most they ever do is say stuff like ' we're aiming for a different target audience '.

Its mainly microsoft who constantly make snide remarks like this.

Its mainly microsoft who constantly make snide remarks like this.

Yeah! Just like this one and... uh.... Oh that's right. You're wrong.

Most MS reps have had nothing to day but positive things to say about the DS/Wii. I believe it was Peter Moore who said the DS was his favourite machine.

One man doesn't represent the entire company, suprisingly.

Yeah! Just like this one and... uh.... Oh that's right. You're wrong.

Most MS reps have had nothing to day but positive things to say about the DS/Wii. I believe it was Peter Moore who said the DS was his favourite machine.

One man doesn't represent the entire company, suprisingly.

For starters, theres no need to jump the gun at me.

Secondly, I was merely stating that Nintendo rarely ever engages in slapdown comments like the one at the centre of this topic. the most Nintendo can muster are 'we did it first' comments.

Also, I think you'll find Peter Moore does not represent the entire company either.

Its not all Praise flying out the Microsoft camp, surprisingly.

For starters, theres no need to jump the gun at me.

Secondly, I was merely stating that Nintendo rarely ever engages in slapdown comments like the one at the centre of this topic.

No, you said that Microsoft normally make snide remarks like this. Which just isn't true. You can't argue this, it's fact.

the most Nintendo can muster are 'we did it first' comments.

So what? That's got nothing to do with anything I was talking about :confused:

Also, I think you'll find Peter Moore does not represent the entire company either.

Yes, I think I said that no single individual represents the opinions of an entire company a few posts up.

Its not all Praise flying out the Microsoft camp, surprisingly.

Yeah, there's a shining example at the top of the page. That's what the whole thread is about.

Sign in to follow this