NEurope
Nintenchris

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

Odd, I've just seen a PAL copy in a shop today. They were selling it at £39.99 as well.

This better be good. I'm having an "olympic event" at my house on Friday. If it's crud I can always put RRR2 and Carnival Games on. Party games rule!

Then when everyone is hammered I get Galaxy out :):yay:

Not out till friday i believe and i'm getting it for Christmas so a little while longer till i'll play it! :D

I had to cancel my pre-order for this. Dunno when i'll get it now. Maybe around Christmas time or something cause I got Guitar Hero III instead of this. If I hear it's crud from you guys then I might pass it.

I had to cancel my pre-order for this. Dunno when i'll get it now. Maybe around Christmas time or something cause I got Guitar Hero III instead of this. If I hear it's crud from you guys then I might pass it.

Probably slightly poor when playing on your own, but 10x better with other players!

:)

Odd, I've just seen a PAL copy in a shop today. They were selling it at £39.99 as well.

wot shop was it in?

wot shop was it in?

Maughan's Microcomputers (or something like that) in the Metro Centre. It's sandwiched between HMV and GAME.

Maughan's Microcomputers (or something like that) in the Metro Centre. It's sandwiched between HMV and GAME.

Maaaan I love that shop :)

Games are usually cheaper than Game too. Plus they do indeed break street dates on the big games.

If I didn't have a £40 Gamestation credit note I'd be straight there tomorrow.

WHAT: Mario & Sonic at The Olympic Games Official Launch

WHERE: HMV London, 150 Oxford Street W1

WHEN: Friday 23rd November from 12 – 3 pm

The official launch for SEGA’s, ‘Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games’, for the Wii takes place at HMV’s flagship store on Oxford Street in London’s West End on Friday 23rd November.

The event begins at 12 – noon with appearances from none other than Radio 1’s Dick & Dom – who will be competing against each other on the big screen – with Mario and Sonic cheering them on.

This exciting new game for Nintendo Wii™ and DS™ system is packed with all-new interactive features and includes 20 authentic Olympic events – played out in stylised Olympic venues. Using the Wii control system, players can have an unparalleled interactive experience and compete using one of 16 characters – 8 from the world of Mario and 8 from the world of Sonic.

Source

All these game launches are pretty cool.

Maaaan I love that shop :)

Games are usually cheaper than Game too. Plus they do indeed break street dates on the big games.

If I didn't have a £40 Gamestation credit note I'd be straight there tomorrow.

yeah they are pretty good. They have the Silver Zelda DS lite atm... for £140. And the Zelda collector edition guide, which I now have :P

My copy is on getting packed now from Gameplay.

Just been checking out the unlockables on Gamefaqs and man is there alot. This is my kind of scum, fearless and inventive :)

Mines been shipped. Should have it tomorrow :)
Same here, along with Team Mario T-Shirt too (I hope. :heh:)

Same here, along with Team Mario T-Shirt too (I hope. :heh:)

I bet i get Team Sonic, just my luck! :D

EDIT: Just got my package from Game, i'm not allowed to open it but i'm 100% sure theres no t-shirt inside. Does that come later?

Perhaps i preordered too late?

Got it, its actually quite fun, but annoyingly hard at times...maybe its just cos I'm stressed today, was finding Mario Galaxy harder than usual earlier too

I need more sleep :( thats whats been causing me to stress...havent been sleeping well

Bit disappointed it didnt come with any Stars tho

My copy from Gameplay didnt arrive today despite getting next day delivery with it. Just kicked off on Gameplay ( all I seem to do these days ) and they have refunded my postage costs.

Played it for just under an hour today, my views on it atm? both fun and frustrating.

My copy from Gameplay didnt arrive today despite getting next day delivery with it. Just kicked off on Gameplay ( all I seem to do these days ) and they have refunded my postage costs.
I didn't get mine either, (but from GAME) hopefully it'll show up tomorrow. Not that I'm overly bothered mind you, as it means more uninterrupted Galaxy playtime! :yay:

Just got my package from Game, i'm not allowed to open it but i'm 100% sure theres no t-shirt inside. Does that come later?

Perhaps i preordered too late?

When did you order?

Anyway, maybe it is inside the package but just folded up so it's really small. You should have a peek. :laughing:

...Tsk, you guys with the money stacks. My social status at the moment is 'Student Class' so I have to pick and choose very acutely what I do with my pennies. I'll ask for it for good ole Chrissy.