NEurope
Nintenchris

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

Could think of better ways to include Mario and Sonic in the same game...

players will compete in events that take place in environments based on the official venues of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games.
This makes it sound fake to me, it just seems really wierd to be bothered about official venues inj a Mario/Sonioc olympics games; where as it would normally be set in the mushroon kingdom etc...

This makes it sound fake to me, it just seems really wierd to be bothered about official venues inj a Mario/Sonioc olympics games; where as it would normally be set in the mushroon kingdom etc...

But theres an offical site, why would Sega go through all this crap if it was fake?

This makes it sound fake to me, it just seems really wierd to be bothered about official venues inj a Mario/Sonioc olympics games;

Because official license will sell few additional copies, even if the implemenation is this insane. :)

EDIT: I noticed something interesting... IOC licenses only one videogame per olympics. This means olympics game is once again exclusive to single platform (last time it was exclusive to PS2).

\ \I can practically hear the groans at the thought of a new minigame collection, though.

Those were my groans you heard

:eek:

*scrubs eyes furiously*

Now that is mental!

Well, this'll probably be the first and last Olympics game I ever buy. :laughing:

well I saw this thread and I was like FUCK off its an April Fools, but now hmmmm a lot of the sources seem real...

Personally I think it will be great, when they unveiled the Wii, one of the first things I thought I would like to see is Track and Field, imagine using the Wiimote for hammer throwing, discus, javelin, and then theres still the track events which would be really well worked, example of the sprinting would be the mini game in wario ware.

Think is definitly a good thing, and I think the use of these two characters is a good way to get kids in, who may be put off by a heavy simulation Olympics games.

when I saw this, I was really wtf.

I knew Beijing 2008 was coming but... a Sonic+Mario game? :|

If nothing this increases the chances of Sonic being in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

You know, Sega say "oh sure, but we wanna use Mario in a game we make." or something.

well I saw this thread and I was like FUCK off its an April Fools, but now hmmmm a lot of the sources seem real...

....And its not April. *Wink*

one thing that strikes me about this is it's obvious use of the mario IP, in a new game that we previously knew nothing about, so is the share issue almost tied, cos of course we were told that nothing was going to be announced that hadn't previously been shown...

If this is true, and the game will have online play, then this game will rock as hell.

Well its clearly true. It looks FAR too good/real to be a fake anyway. Along with the fact theres absolutely no reason for it to be fake.

This is the stupidest idea for a game I've ever heard. Sonic was actually designed to be faster than Mario. They'll have to slow Sonic way down and speed Mario right up to make them anything like fair, destroying both characters. :(

Bizarrely, I still want to play it. :)

yeah online play with this would rock, and for all intents and purposes it should have it, I mean it's not gonna release until next year, with the olympics not until the summer, so there is plenty of development time to not only put in their own online mode but see how others work in the meantime.

I remember the rumours of Mario and Sonic being in an RPG together, to be releasd on the Dreamcast and the 'Dolphin'.

But this, uh... could be fun? I'd rather it was any type of game other than a sports one to be honest.

Personally I think it will be great, when they unveiled the Wii, one of the first things I thought I would like to see is Track and Field, imagine using the Wiimote for hammer throwing, discus, javelin, and then theres still the track events which would be really well worked, example of the sprinting would be the mini game in wario ware.

Think is definitly a good thing, and I think the use of these two characters is a good way to get kids in, who may be put off by a heavy simulation Olympics games.

Well that certainly saved me a lot of typing :D

Track & Field + Wii + Sonic/Mario FTW

I will definately be buying this.

Surely it would be a little one sided? Sonic is faster than Mario and can jump higher and further.

Maybe Mario will excel at ribbon twirling.

EDIT- Actually, Mario could win the triple jump.

Surely it would be a little one sided? Sonic is faster than Mario and can jump higher and further.

Maybe Mario will excel at ribbon twirling.

EDIT- Actually, Mario could win the triple jump.

Mario can win the race with doping, "special" mushrooms and stars.

If it ends up as addictive as Wii sports, then It doesn't bother me.

I suppose a platformer would have been nice though.

This sounds wicked, there hasn't been a decent track and field type game in ages.

I hope Miyamoto is involved somewhere in the development process to prevent sega messing things up, they haven't had the best of reps of late.

Also, I don't know if this will happen but, as they have the Olympics license then I assume they could put real athletes which is unlikely to happen. But they could put Mii versions of real athletes in the game which would be pretty cool.