NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
highland man

Media Players

Does anyone know of a free media player that can be docked on the desktop. (like what happens when you drag my documents to the very corner of the screen) I would like to be able to have my music always to hand.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Highland Man

Media Player Classic for DVDs and videos, iTunes for music and iPod transfer. I don't need anything else.

I use WMP. im prob the only one...But i find it easier imo. i also use winamp but only for certain files, .ogg and files like that.

VLC for incomplete and troublesome files and Media Player Classic for everything else. Also VLC has just hit 10million downloads.

Does anyone know of a free media player that can be docked on the desktop. (like what happens when you drag my documents to the very corner of the screen) I would like to be able to have my music always to hand.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Highland Man

Do you want a media player or a music player? If media, then a combination of VLC and Media Player Classic with the K-Lite codec pack will make you fairly invincible. If music, Foobar2000 is highly customisable, supports loads of different file types and is very minimal.

foobar20005mk.jpg

if its music your after i use musicmatch jukebox, pretty easy to use.

iTunes 6 (Mac) for me. :)

You know you can attach WMP 10 to your task bar and have control of your music from there?

You know you can attach WMP 10 to your task bar and have control of your music from there?

that what i love about it, reduces the memory load to < 2mb (which still alot though for a media player)

how do i attach wmp 10 to the taskbar?

and thanks for all the suggestions people, i think i might give winamp a try.

right click on start menu, toolbars, find the program name (tick it) when u minimise it will shoot down there :)

if its music your after i use musicmatch jukebox, pretty easy to use.

i usta use musicmatch but it works hella slow compared to WMP 10 or iTunes

To be honest, ive only ever used WMP and Winamp both are good, i only got Winamp to do my online radio though

Sign in to follow this