NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dolphin

Nintendo is not stupid

Hi,

I hear a lot of people complaining about the lack of good wii games and that the only service will be like shit.

I think that Nintendo is beeing quite right now is because they are working on good games which will offer great online play. They are not stupid. Pokemon, Super Smash bros , Metroid and it wouldnt surprise me that also Mario will have great online play.

The reason why I say that Nintendo is taking online gaming very seriously is because of some facts. They are already online with the wii, you can read the news and download games. Now they are making good online games because they dont want it to suck. And come on when was the last time when Nintendo released a bad game ( except from Mario sunshine).

They also have a contract with gamespy, which shows that nintendo are taking online gaming very seriously.

Microsoft and sony are also online so in order to compete with them nintendo need online gaming, because they don't wanna lose core gamers.

Nintendo will have the largest market share at the end of this year and then Nintendo will bring their good games. Do not forget that the wii already sold 6 million units and tehy are selling more then 1 million units each month. In this rate nintendo will have sold 15 millions of wii by the end of the year. The gamecube only sold 18 millions of units.

Good times are coming for a Wii owner, so be patient.

Oh yeah and I have to agry that wii games are little bit expensive. But I know some game stores which sell all wii games for a maximum of 50 euros. I live in the Netherlands and those game stores which i'm talking about are in The Netherlands, Belgium and France. So maybe only you guys in Great brittain are being srewed

Also stop using 'also' so much.

And yea i agree people are getting too paranoid. Wii has'nt even been around half a year yet.

You are right about the price, Wii games cost exactly the same as PS3 games here in NZ as well. I thought Nintendo said they were going to be cheaper. Maybe they don't have pricing control in some countries. Not sure how it all works. Oh well - you win some, you lose some.

Who really gives a shit? I for one am getting sick of so much "Wii is not worse than ps3 m8" and all this bollocks.

I dont really cate what happens to the consoles, or who is better than who. Ive got my ones, and Im happy with them.

Well, Wii does have some greta titles coming up - but we're seeing a bit of a games drought at the mo.

I also think Nintendo has a long way to go with online service, that's not to say Nintendo hasn't improved in this regard, I think the VC is better than any of the competitors offerings, but online gaming is still behind.

There's no doubt that there are plenty of games coming to the Wii, even ones that we are yet to see. But having said this there is no doubt the Wii could lose it's momentum, you think how many of the millions are casual/non traditional gamers and children, now without wanting to cause offence these kind of customers are very fickle and open to change and shifts in the market, for these gamers Nintendo needs to find its next Wii Sports or a new Nintendogs, Brain Academy- something that will keep those already in and to entice even more people in.

But then there is the other side of the coin, how to keep the hardcore interested, whilst Nintendo have undoubtedly made games feel better to play from my point of view, the lack of epic games, epic franchises will soon start to affect me as whilst I've enjoyed the shorter games like Excite Truck, Wario Ware and even Red Steel (which was very short), I do like a good epic.

There is finally the online factor, whether people wish to accept it or not, Microsoft and Sony have moved on leaps and bounds from the last generation in terms of the online support/service, whilst at the moment the Wii is stuck I in the last generation, this doesn't actually affect me this much to be honest, whilst I do play online games on my DS, I still spend more time playing on my own.

I think what has caused this sudden turning on the Wii is how the Gamecube had such a strong start and then the 3rd Party support just dropped and the console fell apart pretty fast, this isn't so much the case with the Wii, we know plenty is in the works just not what it is (in some cases) and thus far a lot of the 3rd party support has been iffy, lackluster ports, but this is going to change...

i havent played my Wii in about 2 months. waiting for some better games. WoW is fulfilling my gaming needs atm.

i havent played my Wii in about 2 months. waiting for some better games. WoW is fulfilling my gaming needs atm.

Ditto, except replace "WoW" with "Xbox 360"!!

Give WoW on the Wii!!!!

the Wii needs a long title besides zelda to keep gamers fed untill 3rd partys have made enough money with ports, so they can begin creating epic games

i would love bliszzard to create a world of warcraft version for Wii. I would play it all time. warriors swinging away. Dual wield, wands. all awesome also casters could say spells and cast em. obviously there would be more to think of but it would be great.

Give WoW on the Wii!!!!

the Wii needs a long title besides zelda to keep gamers fed untill 3rd partys have made enough money with ports, so they can begin creating epic games

The Godfather :heh: 50+ hours apparently....

Ditto except replace "Xbox 360" with "PS2"

P.S. Neither my Wii or 360 are keeping me hooked on gaming.

I wouldn't mind if Nintendo took online gaming a bit more serious. I'm not too much of an online player, but what I'm seeing so far it's rather weak and amateurish.

i think there really needs to be a balance between hardcore games and casual games. rigt now third party franchises that are usualy more harcoreish are too casual on the wii (sonic). so thats great for casual gamers but for most of us its just not enough.

and i think we safely can asume that mario is going to be to casual.

the only game i'm truly looking forwand to on the wii at the momen't is brawl.

though i'm sure by next year we'll start seening the hardcore games. and if not at least we have the vc

They are not stupid.

Course not. Theyve achieved a baffling amount of success and profit with some half-assed hardware and rehashed software. No other company could pull it off the way Nintendo does.

And this direction seems to be fine and dandy for newcomers and non gamers, so hey, they should run with it right?

Great for Nintendo and great for the newcomer, but as a veteran (for lack of a better word), i couldnt be less thrilled about another round Mario, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Wario, Mario Party, Smash Bros, Pokemon, and whatever else Nintendo decides to recycle from the GC.

They have the money and the manpower to roll out dozens of new IPs, yet i cant escape the feeling that in the coming months they will instead anounce the next Donkey Kong, Star Fox, and Pikmin instead.

Quoting because it's easier than typing.

Course not. Theyve achieved a baffling amount of success and profit with some half-assed hardware and rehashed software. No other company could pull it off the way Nintendo does.

And this direction seems to be fine and dandy for newcomers and non gamers, so hey, they should run with it right?

Great for Nintendo and great for the newcomer, but as a veteran (for lack of a better word), i couldnt be less thrilled about another round Mario, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Wario, Mario Party, Smash Bros, Pokemon, and whatever else Nintendo decides to recycle from the GC.

They have the money and the manpower to roll out dozens of new IPs, yet i cant escape the feeling that in the coming months they will instead anounce the next Donkey Kong, Star Fox, and Pikmin instead.

I'm with this guy. I've been playing Nintendo since the SNES, and i'm bored. It's not hard to see a patern again and again every generation.

A lot of people will come up with some half baked excuse for Nintendo, but it's honestly how I feel about the way they're doing things. It's not enough to keep me interested any more.

Not that I probably won't buy the next Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Wario :rolleyes:

well can you really take a comment seriosly from someone called cox of seagulls?

but i am not fussed i am a casual gamer i play wow loads and console games infrequently.

Sign in to follow this