NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

Japanorama

I just watched tonight's episode for the first time and this show is awesome! (Especially for those like me who take a massive interest in japanese culture)

Series 3 started on BBC Three on 19th March and is on every monday night at 11pm now (for 6 episodes)

It's weird, shocking, wonderful, disturbing, joyful, hilarious, and crazy all at the same time.

Tonight's episode was:

Ai and Koi - Love and Romance

With its birth-rate in freefall, Japan's love life is in crisis. Jonathan looks at some of the most bizarre ways in which this crisis is manifesting itself, from the way that Japan's top male hosts have attained rock star status, to the hot new craze of simulated 'air sex' and the latest trend - 'love doll brothels'.

Absolutely crazy, but thoroughly entertaining nonetheless. Having to watch Yaoi hentai was a bit uncomfortable though I must admit.

WOOOOOOOOO

Yaoi mention!!!!

Yaoi FTW says TakeoMiyazaki!!!

I saw the first series and have recorede the episodes before this. Its a cool series. I can't wait in 16 months time I will be in Japan for a year!!!

I saw the first series and have recorede the episodes before this. Its a cool series. I can't wait in 16 months time I will be in Japan for a year!!!

oo ooo oooo like me then!!!

WOOOOOO *high five*

you learning it too?

oo ooo oooo like me then!!!

WOOOOOO *high five*

you learning it too?

Yup! *High five*:yay:

I'm in my first year at Uni, in SOAS down in London!!

Are you at Manchester?

You guys enjoying studying it then? Is it difficult, enjoyable, tedious, rewarding etc.? Anything would be nice to know as i'm considering doing it at Uni at the moment.

It's awesome fun! It is a lot of work but I enjoy it. I just really can't wait till my year there in the 3rd year!

It depends on what your teachers are like, mine are great which makes the whole thing even more enjoyable!

Yup! *High five*:yay:

I'm in my first year at Uni, in SOAS down in London!!

Are you at Manchester?

yep Uni of Manchester doing Biology with Japanese. gotta learn 150 ish kanji in the next 3 weeks grrrrr lol

You guys enjoying studying it then? Is it difficult, enjoyable, tedious, rewarding etc.? Anything would be nice to know as i'm considering doing it at Uni at the moment.

i also say its fun, Manchester are starting a Japanese degree program starting this september!

really can't recomend it enough, my teachers are amazing, one wrote the oxford beginners japanese dictionary, other one is a fun japanese woman whom i love as if she were my mother!

wish i was doing the straight degree tbh, great language but it adds a LOT of work to my already heavy bio load lol

yep Uni of Manchester doing Biology with Japanese. gotta learn 150 ish kanji in the next 3 weeks grrrrr lol

It's doing a joint too demaning btw? I'm seriously considering doing Philosophy/Japanese but don't know if i'll be able to cope

i also say its fun, Manchester are starting a Japanese degree program starting this september!

really can't recomend it enough, wish i was doing it tbh, great language but it adds a LOT of work to my already heavy bio load lol

What text books are you learning from? I'm using Minna no Nihongo 1 and 2 and now I have to revise it all for my exams, which isn't the funnest thing! I'm doing Japanese by itself because I wasn't really interested in anything else...plus I'm too lazy to do another subject!:heh:

It's doing a joint too demaning btw? I'm seriously considering doing Philosophy/Japanese but don't know if i'll be able to cope

not got a clue how much work philosophy is so i can't say, all i know is that the one philosophy student i met is a bit or an argumentative fuck wit lol

i only do about 7 hours a week of japanese 'contact time' but i do about the same again out side of class.

mines only a 'with' subject though

What text books are you learning from? I'm using Minna no Nihongo 1 and 2 and now I have to revise it all for my exams, which isn't the funnest thing! I'm doing Japanese by itself because I wasn't really interested in anything else...plus I'm too lazy to do another subject!:heh:

aaaah, my japanese people used to teach from that, still got the books in the libraray, we learn from Genki by The Japan Times. I'm going through the whole thing again this easter making sure i know all the grammar, vocab and kanji.

Jesus, I know that some aspects of Japanese culture are a little odd, but the stuff featured in tonight's episode was down right bizarre. Air Sex? Love Doll brothels?

Last nights was crazy wierd.

Last weeks was pretty good. Bikers and such.

Whats even better is that American Dad is on after it.

I watched the last series and I've seen this series so far - a great show, with a good mix of topics covered. Some bits are less interesting than others, but I guess that's going to happen in a show that covers a variety of areas of Japanese life. I'll certainly be watcing the rest of the series - the fact that it dosen't devote 5 minutes each episode to some Cornish rock band, like the last series did, makes this the better one so far.

If you have a degree you can get paid to teach english there and its really easy like holding up signs with a cat on it and saying "cat"

If you have a degree you can get paid to teach english there and its really easy like holding up signs with a cat on it and saying "cat"

My dad was telling me that someone in our community is actualy teaching English over in Japan.

I've been considering it for a while.

That Air Sex was disturbing. *shudders*

I have a little crush on his high-pitched-voice assistant.

And how isn't Yaoi gay? I'm not that curious. And before you start I'm not homophobic. I'm not scared of my house.

If I was to teach English in Japan, everyone in my class would leave the classroom with the ability to speak English in a Brummie accent, they'll also be able to say "Y'alright, bab?" to their lovers.

That would be amusing. :laughing:

That would be amusing. :laughing:

Bloody Hilarious!!!

I'm glad i don't have the accent however, anywho . . .

My japanese teacher forwarded me this link this morning, looks pretty cool for those who are learning or thinking about learning japanese.

http://www.learn-amazing-japanese.com/blog/

moooooooooo!!!

Despite my interest in Japan, I consistently forget to watch this program.

As for learning Japanese, I've been doing it solo for about a year... I find it pretty fun, although it can be challenging at times.

i only do about 7 hours a week of japanese 'contact time' but i do about the same again out side of class.

mines only a 'with' subject though

I'm planning on doing Japanese at university and I was wondering even though you're just doing Biology 'with' it, if/how much your Japanese or Biology suffers?

I'm looking at Japanese And Politics/International Relations, but I'm concerned whether both will pull me in opposite directions, and I'd end up screwing both subjects up.

Missed the first 10 minutes of it but Hard Gay was on, and it was funny.

What the hell was that toaster girl..

Sign in to follow this