NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
thomaschung

Help - My SD Card is stuck

My SD card is stuck. anyone else had this problem?

how the hell am i supposed to get it back out. i'm suprised it doesn't ping back out when you push in on it.

and for some reason the sd card goes all the way in leaving nothing to pull it back out again.

any ideas?

You should be able to just push and it should spring out like a DS cart.

i am trying tweesers but it is stuck it only comes out 3 or 4 mm and i can't get it out.

how far out should it sring back? it doesn't seem to on mine. nightmare

i'm guessing its a san disk brand (they get stuck in the wii)

you just have to keep trying to pull it out

(your wii isn't broken)

it is a sandisk brand.

this is an adapter for my micro sd which i just got today. and it's bloody stuck. i noticed a switch on one side (write protection probably).

Does all SD cards have this as I'm thinking that might be what's getting it stuck. might need to break it.

finally, i managed to get it out. ot rather my brother's girlfriend with her long nails and smaller fingers did the trick.

i doubt i'll be putting it back in there again though.

thanks for everyone's help.

if you don't have a girl close by with long finger nails, try using a large nail clipper. does the trick

oh and my sd card does not spring back out. not sure if that is the sd card or the Wii.

Might want to try a different brand. I use Kingston, good, cheap and reliable.

it is a sandisk brand.

this is an adapter for my micro sd which i just got today. and it's bloody stuck. i noticed a switch on one side (write protection probably).

Maybe it's because it's an adapter rather than a straight SD card?

yeah i know i was being a cheapscape.

i got the 1gb micro sd so it works on my phone. it came with SD adaptor and usb adaptor so i can easily transfer files between my phone, laptop and use it on my Wii too.

it was only a tenner including postage from ebay.

I've got the same problem. Both of my SD cards get stuck and I have to use tweezers to get them out. I called Nintendo about it and they said the card slot should work just like with the DS, but mine just doesn't.

The cards I've tried:

Wii branded 1GB SanDisk

SanDisk 2GB Ultra II

I find what emasher has said about SanDisk cards getting stuck very interesting. Does that mean that it's likely that the card slot of my console isn't broken? It's just that I find it very surprising that the Wii branded card would get an 'Official Nintendo Seal' from Nintendo if it was too big to work properly in the Wii's SD card slot.

I didn't realise that SanDisk cards were a no-no for the Wii. Mine has been fine since I got it a month ago, though, touch wood.

I've got a sandisk one and it is just a little bit too big, if ever it gets stuck use the old tweezers...

I have a regular San Disk 1GB and 2GB, both works perfectly.

(My Microdia card does as well, but that's probably not very intreresting).

san disk cards work fine its just they're a little thicker than other brands so there hard to get out.

though i found the trick to getting them out long ago so i don't have a problem with them anymore

Sign in to follow this