NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kakarot

Will Nintendo Beat Microsoft this time round?

Nintendo Came Third to Micrsoft in the last generation of conoles but in the next who do you think will be second after Sony?

Well, it's difficult to say right now. Remember, the Xbox 360 comes out this year, and the PS3 will sell good... but maybe not THAT good, considering it might have a high price.

Really, it's too early to say.

I don't know. There is alot of buzz around the Xbox360, and may indeed sell more units than the PS3. So the real question is 'will Nintendo beat Sony?', in which I would have to say no. I'm sorry, I just don't see them climbing above 3rd place. However, I am pretty damn sure that they will sell alot more units than the GC and N64, and would very possibly leave a narrow gap between 1st and 3rd place, and could claim the greatest net increase between this gen and next gen.

So in conclusion, yes and no.

Why does everyone take it for granted that sony will be #1. Their console will be SO expensive only the real diehard fans will buy it.

Why does everyone take it for granted that sony will be #1. Their console will be SO expensive only the real diehard fans will buy it.

Well people flooded into stores in droves to buy the PSP...

Not being funny, I think Revolution oculd turn out to be number 1 if all turns out well. Providing the graphics are on par with them, what can PS3/360 do that Rev can't? not much. I'm not denying that both will have great games but people usually buy consoles for their features that make them different from others, and PS3/360 have virtually none.

Not being funny, I think Revolution oculd turn out to be number 1 if all turns out well. Providing the graphics are on par with them, what can PS3/360 do that Rev can't? not much. I'm not denying that both will have great games but people usually buy consoles for their features that make them different from others, and PS3/360 have virtually none.

You're naivite is what makes you great Stocka!

Im with you on this one... but as long as the 3rd party support is there and the Rev dont miss out on any major 3rd party games... then i see no reason why the Rev cant make it to number 1

Im with you on this one... but as long as the 3rd party support is there and the Rev dont miss out on any major 3rd party games... then i see no reason why the Rev cant make it to number 1

...in Japan - Those Japs will eat this up.

i think they will be number one,PS3 will be expensive and hard to make games for Rev is opposite and as for 360 meh that will do not so well cause its microsoft that made itr :P

I can still see Nintendo coming third again next gen and Sony and Microsft battling it out for 1st and second. As much as I love Nintendo im afraid they have got too much of that stupid "Kiddy" company image stuck with a lot of gamers

I can still see Nintendo coming third again next gen and Sony and Microsft battling it out for 1st and second. As much as I love Nintendo im afraid they have got too much of that stupid "Kiddy" company image stuck with a lot of gamers

The console looks stunning - it could sway the masses.

Nintendo don’t need the Revolution to beat Microsoft in Japan! :grin:

But yeah, I too think that this is Nintendo’s best chance yet to reclaiming their number 1 position. After watching the presentation and seeing the controller video I’m confident that it’ll be a huge success worldwide and really will attract new gamers.

Well people flooded into stores in droves to buy the PSP...

theres not much of a difference between DS and PSP compared to Rev and PS3,Rev maybe about 150 pound PS3 300+

theres not much of a difference between DS and PSP compared to Rev and PS3,Rev maybe about 150 pound PS3 300+

I'd say around 200 pounds, the console and technology is indeed very swish this time around.

there is quite a number of rumours flying around on the web places are stating $500 (quite a bit high) and gonna increase the price and delay the PS3 to nick the revs controller

I think it is still too early for these kind of questions. OK, I'll be honest and say that I would like it to happen, but there are just too many factors we don't know yet. The most important of course is games. We don't know what games the Rev. has, or how they will use the controller features. On top of that, we don't know any info to do with marketing etc. so it's still just too early.

But I'll tell you one thing, the Revolution is coming out at family get togethers at christmas and new year, and general parties at my house. It's perfectly designed for it. I can get people of all ages to join in. It will be great fun. I'd like to see the same happening with the Xbox 360.

We still need to see more of revo to judge this. We are yet to see what the third party surport will be like, and I believe that will be the main factor when judging who will win.

We still need to see more of revo to judge this. We are yet to see what the third party surport will be like, and I believe that will be the main factor when judging who will win.

i hope we get told soon what 3rd partied will support rev,my head has been thinking about it for a while

Hmmm, I see one problem with this argument, so far; the whole point of the Revolution is that Nintendo are not competing with Sony and MS. This is not some rampant fanboyism on my part, it's the basic ideology of the function of this new control scheme. To Nintendo, the important point is to make profit and then to make market share second; but their market share is not about who can capture the largest group of games, instead it's about making enough sales to create a viable marketplace for this system to survive in.

Obviously, Revolution is an entertainment system and as such draws immediate comparisons with PS3 and Xbox360, but as long as there is sufficient software produced specifically for the Revolution then ports will not be as important to Nintendo as they are to core gamers. OK, everyone on here will consider themself a core gamer and Nintendo do not desire to alienate you, however if they can sell enough machines to others then they will accept the situation that arises.

You guys are forgetting something very important here...

The REV will hands down be everyone's second pick for a console, if of course, they hadn't already owned one.

The Rev will probably lose competing for gamers of this generation. However, they won't lose by much. With a very loyal and dedictated fanbase, a definite "second-choice" console, and Nintendo's new philosophy about appealing more to non-gamers, they won't lose. They may not gather in the gamers of this gen as well as say...the PS3, but they will definitely be on equal footing with them at the end of all of this.

Who knows, maybe they can attract more gamers from this gen (especially those FPS loving fiends).

Either way, it'll be very interesting to watch.

The Rev will probably lose competing for gamers of this generation. However, they won't lose by much. With a very loyal and dedictated fanbase, a definite "second-choice" console, and Nintendo's new philosophy about appealing more to non-gamers, they won't lose.

I said pretty much the same thing in an e-mail to IGN earlier today, the Revolution is setting itself up to be the "also" console; it almost certainly would not win in a direct competition, but it's set to capture those core gamers who want the console that will offer them something they cannot find on their main choice. As it stands, barring "purchased" exclusives, most games are going to appear on PS3 and Xbox360, there will be little reason to choose between each version unlike this generation where you can easily choose the "better" version.

You guys are forgetting something very important here...

The REV will hands down be everyone's second pick for a console, if of course, they hadn't already owned one.

The Rev will probably lose competing for gamers of this generation. However, they won't lose by much. With a very loyal and dedictated fanbase, a definite "second-choice" console, and Nintendo's new philosophy about appealing more to non-gamers, they won't lose. They may not gather in the gamers of this gen as well as say...the PS3, but they will definitely be on equal footing with them at the end of all of this.

Who knows, maybe they can attract more gamers from this gen (especially those FPS loving fiends).

Either way, it'll be very interesting to watch.

So, in a way, it kinda pays to be an "and"-console. This seems to be becoming part of Nintendo's philosophy. Thinking about it all, Nintendo have always been about making money. They've never been in a position where they've lost money on a home console (as far as i know). So, for next generation, i believe they'll want to continue that trend.

time will tell who will be Number one,im getting my friends to buy a Rev as there second console (some are getting XBOX 360)none so far seem to want a PS3 ,its mostly Rev everyone i know wants,so i think it will do well in Europe and US (obviously do well in japan)

Sign in to follow this