NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kakarot

Will Nintendo Beat Microsoft this time round?

Tricky one, I think the market will close up. I think NIntendo will END UP being number one, maybe next gen. Im 99% certain Nintendo will be number one in Japan, and 3rd in the west - its all about HOW MUCH BY!!

My prediction will be Sony, NIntendo, Microsoft!! But very close!

I think that with the range of prices and things on offer from the three that their could be a good evenish spread for all three consoles, with nintendo slightly increasing its current market share but with opening up new age groups to gaming therefore making its share about even with the other two.

The biggest thing for me will be release dates, with the 360 this christmas, PS3 maybe summer 2006 after E3, when will the rev be released? on the revo-europe main page Jim Merrick says he'll be disappointed if you can't play it a E3 2006, but where would that leave a release date, europe christmas 2006 if we're lucky? a year behind 360 and 6 months ish maybe behind PS3 that will be the problem, giving 360 too much of a head start.

Merrick did a dumb thing by saying that :no: , because now he has given some sort of idea that the Revolution is going to be quite far behind the other two on the release shcedule.

Though Iwata did state at one point that the Revolution will not be released that far behind its competitors. Arggghh!!:mad: we need more info and soon. E3 2006 is too far away dammit.

Well you just have to look to the response to the XBox conference - what conference you might ask? XBox 360 seems pointless. If you want a console like that wait for the PS3 which will no doubt be more powerful, better and with far more support. If you want the future, you can get Revolution.

There's simply no contest for me. The old controllers are just that, old to me. I don't want to play with them now we have THIS.

If you look at the "chav" gamer in the UK (i can't talk for the rest of the world) everyone seemed to want a xbox, but had a ps2. why? because xbox came out after. Now the xbox is coming out first I think they may all flock to the xbox. Heck even I'm considering getting one alongside my Revolution.

The sooner big markets like China open up where innovation is truly appreciated (having said that I know no chinese people - its in the East. Thats all I know) the sooner Nintendo will take over number 1 in the world. Short of an Apple takeover, NIntendo is never going to be number 1 in the west.

But its ok. I still luv it.

I disagree personally. It depends on the games. If Revolution has cool games it will sell to the chav market. I mean come on, a chav is gonna love pummeling an opponent in a fighting game with a virtual sword if the blood is gushing everywhere.

I think the Revolution has a big chance of reclaiming much of the ground that was lost with the Gamecube and after the Nintendo 64. Because the Revolution will be the cheapest, has revolutionary controller / gameplay, huge library of past games and more. Nintendo is also in a much better position to make a console after Revolution because it hasn't put as much money in it as Sony. So the cycle can be much faster and Sony will have to do with their Playstation 3 for much longer which can be negative later on when the competitors move on and they still need to sell PS3 to make a profit lol.

I think the revolution will be no. 1 in Japan because of they love new ideas like DS.

No. 2 in America, beaten by Xbox 360 or ps3.

And in Europe no. 3 because of fanboyism.

I agree, I was really looking forward to a few games - Batallion Wars for example, I was (only in passing) thinking of possibly getting an 360, bt now it all seems boring, even when I was playing the cube this evening I was thinking about the revolution and how 'old' it's already starting to feel (the normal playing method) and thats with just afew hours worth of thought!! Crazy!

I think one major point of the GameCube's 'failure' is that it's a childish toy cube for most people. People judge by looks first, and that means the design and not even graphics. Look at how incredibly sexy that Revolution is. It's so nice iPodish pearly white or incredibly sleek black with pretty though subtle blue LED lights.

We can't say what'll happen. But I think it might be a good guess (or wish) that the gaming business will get a healthy balance for once, each company owning a third market share.

I think Nintendo will be able to beat Xbox360. But they mustn't release the Revolution too far behind the other two consoles because this will hurt their sales. PS3 is sure to be first this generation again because the Playstation brand is just so poular.

Nintendo also has to advertise the Revolution well and they must continue to do so during it's lifespan. They advertised the Cube in the beginning too but I have almost never seen any adverts for new games for the last 2-3 years. This must not happen again with Revolution. Also there must be third-party support for all of it's lifespan.

If they just play their cards right they'll be able to come in second place this time.

How Nintendo handled the DS is a very good sign. And the DS isn't even as sexy (no I can't stop about the Rev's design :heh: )

I think the revolution will be no. 1 in Japan because of they love new ideas like DS.

No. 2 in America, beaten by Xbox 360 or ps3.

And in Europe no. 3 because of fanboyism.

Took the words right outta my mouth.

I don't think the Revolution will hit quite the same market as the other consoles. It may end up selling less to current gamers, but bringing in a wider range of non-gamers. Just don't underestimate Microsoft. Live play rules, and the 360 should fix the issue of Japanese support that plagued the Xbox, even if it doesn't really do anything new.

if Nintendo came third, it was a very, VERY close third, and all parties stand to make a huge amount of cash. I don't think this console generation is going to pass by with anyone claiming that they beat the competition convicingly. I think we'll just have to wait and see what happens - this new controller alone appears turning the whole industry on it's head.

Sign in to follow this