NEurope
Caris

Post your setup and game/DVD collection

I've finally got my shelving! So, yeah, new pics all round:

snv30290vf7.jpg

Close up of my 'current-gen' games (minus Wario Ware Smooth Moves, it's being loaned out) HD-DVDs and Blu Rays:

snv30293bd3.jpg

My gaming setup:

snv30291oz4.jpg

My MacBook + my handhelds:

snv30292ec7.jpg

I <3 my Rickenbacker 4003!

snv30296pk4.jpg

That's one classy looking bass.

Thanks. :smile: Though it should really for the price of it... *cough*£1000*cough*

snv30296pk4.jpg

I'm starting to like Rickenbackers more and more... I never used to be a big fan.

snv30296pk4.jpg

You absoloute bastard, you have no idea how jealous I am!! £1000 isn't so bad i think, pretty sure I saw that for £1300 last time i looked at it (though it may be a slightly different model) On the subject can you reccomend any good bass effects pedals? (Budget most likely around 150-200 max)

I have this and it's pretty decent.

http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1641&brandID=4

Looks like it's out the 80s but I like that look.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I picked it up for like... £70 quid although it was meant to be £80 in a half price sale, most places sell it for more though. But try here for some reviews of other stuff:

http://www.talkbass.com/reviews/showcat.php/cat/15

1000849xl5.jpg

1000844cz1.jpg

most of my snes collection :) / half of my n64 collection

Why do you have two Zelda: Ocarina of Time's?

And i noticed two Starfox 64's also, one with the rumble pak bottom left and one without bottom right, why buy it twice?

Thanks, that seems alright but I think I would prefer one more easily operated by foot. I think I'm going to have to try some out at a shop, its going to be the only way to decide which one to choose really.

Why do you have two Zelda: Ocarina of Time's?

And i noticed two Starfox 64's also, one with the rumble pak bottom left and one without bottom right, why buy it twice?

As far as I can tell I do believe one is American and one is European, but apart from that I do not know.

Maybe he's a real die hard Zelda OoT fan and knows about the different versions and the slight, oh so slight, differences between them.

I've finally got my shelving! So, yeah, new pics all round:

snv30290vf7.jpg

Where did you get those shelves from? if you dont mind me asking.

IKEA if I'm not mistaken, I've got the exact same ones ;)

You absoloute bastard, you have no idea how jealous I am!! £1000 isn't so bad i think, pretty sure I saw that for £1300 last time i looked at it (though it may be a slightly different model) On the subject can you reccomend any good bass effects pedals? (Budget most likely around 150-200 max)

It was £1000 3 years ago. The price could've gone up or down really, these babies don't lose their value. :wink: As for effects pedals, I don't really use them to be honest. I love the punchy sound of the Rickenbacker too much! What kind of effects are you after? If it's distortion, I've heard that the Russian Big Muff is a good pedal for it. I've got a Boss SYB-3 Synth pedal for messing about with that's quite fun.

You could always listen to my band at http://www.myspace.com/thisismylawnmower to hear how good the Rick is. :wink: *shameless plug*

Where did you get those shelves from? if you dont mind me asking.

Ikea. :smile: Though that does mean you have the joy of making them yourself...

I have those shelves but in white. I really like them as the look stylish and are very useful in the amount they can hold. At the moment i have three but i know i'll be needing more. :D

I have one of those shelves.

Actually i was bought another but I havn't put it up yet.

Thanks, i might buy some. Most of my games and Dvds are scattered around the house and under beds and i just need somewhere to put them.

I have 2 zelda OOT becasue one is the pal edition the other is the australian pal gold edition, , I have 2 copies of starfox because one is pal (lylat wars, one is usa starfox64. myself and my bro are collectors of nintendo/ sega items retro and new, id be happy to post some more pics of my other stuff if your interested in seeing, and id be interested in seeing any of your collections too :)

cheers

my wii, hdtv, keyboard/mouse and 19" monitor :)

Took this a couple of weeks ago, my desk's much messier now. Not pictured is my PC/speakers/ext hdd just out of shot. Cba to post my game/dvd collection but it's not that impressive anyway (plus half of it's in sheff and half at my parents...)

SSL20601.jpg

Before

dscf0186vu0.jpg

After

dscf0039vb7.jpg

dscf0040kb1.jpg

dscf0041nm5.jpg

dscf0042ac0.jpg

The only thing bad about it is a bad camera!

The HDTV was brand new today for £300 32"

Sensor bar should be at the bottom.

P1010189.jpg

P1010190.jpg

P1010191.jpg

P1010188.jpg

My room is a tip at the moment and I forgot to put fresh prince in my DVD's, apart from that I'm happy with it. Sorry I just felt like putting my cat there.

Ant that TV looks identical to my old one, except that was a Diboss, not a Technosonic.

I noticed in the Tech Thread you were having problems with the black bars either side for the PC display, well from that picture it looks like it's set to 4:3 mode, isn't there an ARC button on your remote that'll set it to 16:9?

Ant that TV looks identical to my old one, except that was a Diboss, not a Technosonic.

I noticed in the Tech Thread you were having problems with the black bars either side for the PC display, well from that picture it looks like it's set to 4:3 mode, isn't there an ARC button on your remote that'll set it to 16:9?

Eddage...I actually want to have vigorous sex with you right now....