NEurope
Locky

Wii points on Stars catalogue

What about Belgium I think I remember eenuh mentioning something about an email in MPT.

What about Belgium I think I remember eenuh mentioning something about an email in MPT.

I mentioned it too in this thread. People only remember the girl... :(

No email, but then this is old news it has been known for ages that the stars expire...Maybe we won't get it in the UK?

Very strange. I pretended to live in Germany (because I can't participate as an Austrian) and yet I got no E-Mail apart from the regular Newsletter.

Just a heads up guys, I have the email so everyone in the UK check your inbox.

At Nintendo we respect the privacy rights of our online visitors and we recognise the importance of protecting your personal details. To allow us to implement additional features on our website, to improve our products and to adapt them to our users’ needs and preferences, we need your permission to gather information about your online activities on our web site and with Nintendo’s products..

Please review our new Privacy Policy by clicking on this link http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/home/index.do and logging in to your account. Once you have read the information on that page, please use the appropriate buttons to either ACCEPT or DECLINE this new Privacy Policy.

Please note that if we haven’t received your answer by July 15, 2007, or if you choose to DECLINE our new Privacy Policy, you will from that day onwards no longer be able to use your Stars in the Stars Catalogue, as we will be forced to deactivate your Nintendo membership. No matter what you decide, you can still use your Stars and enjoy all the other benefits of the Nintendo membership account until July 15, 2007.

Also note that when you continue your Nintendo membership, from now on your Stars will automatically expire 24 months after they were added to your profile. Stars you have earned before the introduction of the new Terms and Conditions expire 12 months after the introduction of the new Terms and Conditions, which will not occur until June 1, 2008.

However, you will soon be able to swap your Stars for Wii Points in the Stars Catalogue if you linked your Wii Shop Channel account to your online Nintendo membership.

We look forward to seeing you again on our website soon, and hope you will enjoy the new generation in videogaming together with us!

Your Nintendo team

If you log in automatically you have to log out and then back in for the Private Policy message to come up and then just press accept.

I only just got that email.

Although , if you log in before getting the email you can accept the conditions anyway as that is the first page you are directed to.

Just looking at my stars page, it shows things I have downloaded from the Wii shop channel, and under details says I will be able to claim my stars soon? Anyone know anything about this?

This is the message:

'Thank you for downloading

'Super Mario 64'

You will soon be able to claim your stars here.'

Confused or what :)

Do any of you guys know if i can change my country to Spain or UK to link my account and then change it back to Portugal and still have my games?

I am going to be really pissed if my stars go to waste. There has to be a way.

Just looking at my stars page, it shows things I have downloaded from the Wii shop channel, and under details says I will be able to claim my stars soon? Anyone know anything about this?

This is the message:

'Thank you for downloading

'Super Mario 64'

You will soon be able to claim your stars here.'

Confused or what :)

That's been the message since launch. I think it just refers to being able to obtain star points for buying that virtual console game not claim wii points from your nintendo VIP points.

It's actually pretty likely that being to claim VIP stars for buying virtual console games will be the first "major", change implimented before we the wii point - star conversion. So, don't hold your breath :(

Do any of you guys know if i can change my country to Spain or UK to link my account and then change it back to Portugal and still have my games?

I am going to be really pissed if my stars go to waste. There has to be a way.

What do you mean by "still have my games"?

When you change the country to something supported you get points for downloading VC games but I don't know what happens when you change it back.

How the hell can you change your country to portugal it's not there.

Also, how do I link the account?

Yay, progress! I'm still gutted that they want me to spend all my stars, but as long as points are always available (which they should be) it'll be alright.

I got the email on the 15th June and was asked to check the privacy policy as soon as I logged in...

They better not be taking my fucking stars. The only reason I haven't spent them is because the catalog is full of crap.

What do you mean by "still have my games"?

When you change the country to something supported you get points for downloading VC games but I don't know what happens when you change it back.

I remember there was an exploit where you could buy VC games that were released in Australia only and not in Europe if you changed your country in the Wii settings to Australia. But i remember something about you losing the games you've purchased in your initial country or something like that if you used that exploit. (not sure though)

That was my fear, but i tested it today and i changed the countries between Spain and Portugal and no problems were found.

This means i'll finally be able to do something with my stars.

My problem was: Portugal is not one of the countries suported by the VIP 24/7 and star system. Therefore when you have your Wii selected to Portugal they won't even ask you to link your Wii to your VIP 24/7 account. But changing my country to Spain or England solves all my problems.:yay:

How the hell can you change your country to portugal it's not there.

Also, how do I link the account?

You can easily find Portugal in the Wii settings menu. Change it to the country you defined in your VIP 24/7 account. You have to accept the Wii agreement of blah blah again and then you can enter the Wii Shop Channel again. There, a confirmation screen will ask you if the change from Portugal to Spain (in my case) is correct. Press OK and then you will be asked to enter your email and password from your VIP 24/7 account.

The other channels like the Forecast and News channel will think you're in Spain, but it's just temporary as i think you can change it back to Portugal as soon as you get your well deserved wii points. :awesome:

I got the email on the 15th June and was asked to check the privacy policy as soon as I logged in...

same with me.

Does anyone know if there will be a way to change star points to Wii points without actually having a Wii? I will probably eventually get a Wii, alhtouhg it may never happen. I would still like to be able to change my stars for Wii points.

Does anyone know if there will be a way to change star points to Wii points without actually having a Wii? I will probably eventually get a Wii, alhtouhg it may never happen. I would still like to be able to change my stars for Wii points.

I should imagine it'll be done via Nintendos website, but I'd expect you'd have to link your Wii to your VIP account before you can buy any Wii points with your stars.

I just realized that you can't even use debit cards to obtain Wii points. Must be credit cards, how gay is that?

Still, once this comes into play I'll eventually have the retro playhouse I've been wanting since I got the console.

I'm using a maestro :(

I just realized that you can't even use debit cards to obtain Wii points. Must be credit cards, how gay is that?

Still, once this comes into play I'll eventually have the retro playhouse I've been wanting since I got the console.

You can use a Visa Debit card to buy points, but can't use a Switch or Maestro card.

:Bump: :)

So, does anyone have any idea yet how long we'll be kept waiting until we can buy Wii Points for Stars? We were promised them 9 months ago now - this is getting ridiculous :mad:

:Bump: :)

So, does anyone have any idea yet how long we'll be kept waiting until we can buy Wii Points for Stars? We were promised them 9 months ago now - this is getting ridiculous :mad:

You got me all excited for a moment there :(

They'll start the scheme when old star points run out guaranteed.

When is that anyway.