NEurope
Locky

Wii points on Stars catalogue

I hope you guys that bought them get refunded... and I'm sure you will. :smile:

This reminded me that I didnt link up my VIP account to the Shop Channel, so I did that there now. Now lets get something to spend these Star Points on!

Also, when are we going to get the stars for out VC Purchases?

Go to 'view entire catalogue'

There's nothing in the Belgian catalogue.

Some guy emailed them.

Possible bad news, shu95sgb posted the following at the nintendo europe board

> Do not buy Wii points from stars catalogue!

>It's a mistake - do not buy.

>I just got off the phone with Codestorm and they believe that somebody at Nintendo Europe in Germany has accidentally put this up.

>Their process is to put a test online but not visible to the public. In this case it looks like it has accidentally gone live.

>The guy on the phone says that they tried to phone Germany to get it taken off, but given the time difference, everyone has gone home!

>If you have bought the card, I was told to email [email protected] with my login name and they will reinburse my stars.

Just got an email from Nintendo:

Dear Nintendo fan,

Last Friday we have been running internal tests in the Stars Catalogue on our website. Unfortunately, because of a mistake during the testing phase, the Wii Points item accidentally appeared on the website between 4pm and 8pm.

We noticed that you have accessed the Stars Catalogue during this testing period, and that you spent 789 Stars on the item, without getting any Wii Points in return.

First of all, we want to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

This item is not available in the Stars Catalogue, and the price of 789 stars used during the testing period was entirely random.

However, we understand that this may have caused a disappointment. So, as we know how committed you are to Nintendo - and given the exceptional circumstances - we decided to electronically send you 1000 Wii points, if you'd like that. In case you do not want to get these Wii Points, we will of course reimburse the amount of Stars you spent.

Please allow us some time to properly prepare the opportunity for you to choose between Wii Points or Stars. You will receive a follow-up email from us soon, so please keep an eye on your inbox.

Thanks again for your understanding,

Best regards,

Your Nintendo team

Yay! :bouncy:

Nice, Locky. So we know now that Points will be bought in quantities of 1000, with a possible cost of 789 stars? I'm thinking that you'll get your points when the stars-points thing begins.

Nice, Locky. So we know now that Points will be bought in quantities of 1000, with a possible cost of 789 stars? I'm thinking that you'll get your points when the stars-points thing begins.

perhaps not though?

This item is not available in the Stars Catalogue, and the price of 789 stars used during the testing period was entirely random

so who knows if it though thats a bloody good conversion rate

Just got the same email. seriously how awesome is that, When they actually go on the stars catalog I'm expecting more 1000 points=1500 stars.

I suppose that means I should connect my wii to the Internet sometime. (on silly uni lan that doesn't allow wireless)

Fucking pist off. Was about to fricking buy some the other day, and you of all people Locky said don't bother, and don't risk it.

They best get this up and running soon, as I'm loosing patience with this crap.

I'm glad I took the risk - it tuened out better than I thought. Free N64 game! Hurry up Lylat Wars!

789 was a random number. You might have notice all the numbers follow in a row? It's a total random one for internal testing for the sending of Wii points in return. It's good to see that Nintendo is working on this, though. It proves that they're planning this stuff, so tet! They've ripped me off enough with this catalogue before: I had to buy the master collection while I should have gotten it for free with buying 1080° snowboarding. The only problem was that they had screwed up my scratching surfaca on my Stars-card, so I ahd to send it over to them. It took them a week to complete it and they told me they couldn't give me the game 'because the action was over'. Rubbish.

I'm expecting Wii points at a nice, round price. Probably 1500, like somebody said before me.

Damn I wish I just ended up getting the points,bah.

I think it will be 1500 stars per 1000 points and 2500 for 2000 points.

When is it there's stars start to "burn" out again?

Is it the end of the year or something?

I just hope its not with limited stock like the stars catalouge stuff is..

I don't see why it should be, surely they will just send out the points electronically, if it is thats pretty unfair as it means a mad rush for people getting them and the same people (ie those who work and aren't on the net all day) missing out time and time again....

When is it there's stars start to "burn" out again?

Is it the end of the year or something?

Any stars you had before they announced it will disappear at the end of the year, and new ones will go a year after adding them.

I got the same email, though I dont have the points added yet. Anyone got an update of this?

I got the same email, though I dont have the points added yet. Anyone got an update of this?

Wait for their next email.

Nice one Locky on getting the points.

Good news aswell that the stars for points doesnt seem to be too far off.