NEurope
Locky

Wii points on Stars catalogue

Just noticed that there are 1000 Wii points on the Stars Catalogue for 789 star points.

Is this a good use of my stars?

DON'T TRY THIS - THINK IT'S A TEST GONE WRONG!

!! Finally!

Hmm.. I would buy but I get the feeling my long time saved up stars should be kept just in case a DS Lite goes up or something.

Yeah cause I don't see anything new in there. Got my hopes up for a second. =(

Yeah cause I don't see anything new in there. Got my hopes up for a second. =(

Go to 'view entire catalogue'

Why is there a limited amount of Wii points on offer? They don't have to be anything physical, because we don't need the actual card, so Nintendo should let anyone who wants to buy them. Doing it this way just means there'll be weeks / months between updates again, and our stars will eventually run out.

A few people on EG have tried getting them but although the star points are taken from their accounts, they can't download the Wii points from anywhere! :shakehead

A few people on EG have tried getting them but although the star points are taken from their accounts, they can't download the Wii points from anywhere! :shakehead

They'll send you the Wii Points card presumably? The conversion isn't right either...

They'll send you the Wii Points card presumably? The conversion isn't right either...

Oh yeah, hadn't thought of that! :p

You do get this screen of links when you click on the points though:

"Download your wiipoint 1000 zum 2.

To download this product later, visit your profile page.

Click here to make another selection, or choose another destination."

I imagine that'd cost more than just sending them direct to your wii which should have been tied to the VIP account on entering the shop channel anyway.

I reckon this is just them testing things, silly Nintendo, don't do your testing in the public domian!

pretty sure it is a test, given it says;

789 1888 left!

wiipoint 1000 zum 2.

Astrid Test

They only let you buy it once, wonder if it will be the same when they un-test it and/or give me the 1000 I've used 789 points on already.

I should have read all of this post. 404 error, with no wii points. and a 36 minute wait for nintendo service centre!

Crap.

I bought some... and yes, they just steal your stars.

Sorry for posting this! :o

Hopefully Nintendo will sort it out and give us some Wii points!

Phew, glad I checked here before clicking buy! Hope this gets sorted soon, and the exchange rate is pretty good in my opinion! Of course, I have over 30k stars to spend...

Awww I just got all excited and was about to zoom over there and spend all of my stars on wii points! There's loads of VC games that I want at the moment

Woah I just saw the title and went straight to N-E but I read here first incase.Good thing I did aswell!

Woah I just say the title and went straight to N-E but I read here first incase.Good thing I did aswell!

At least you got your wish on the VC front.

Damn...I really wanted Kid Icarus, and I am 100 points short so I don't want to buy another 2000...

Damn...I really wanted Kid Icarus, and I am 100 points short so I don't want to buy another 2000...

Same here 'cept I want CV.

Aw, it's a shame that the points exchange doesn't appear to be working properly. It would have been sweet to get almost 6000 Wii Points for the VC!

Looking on the bright side, it does show Nintendo Europe ARE doing something for Stars=Points and not just sitting around on their arses. Even if they could have just done their testing on a private server (or at least posted a clear warning to NOT download instead of just "Astrid Test").

I hope that those who lost their points will be refunded or given their 1000 Wii Points in the end.

At least you got your wish on the VC front.

Yea your right there.

But my wish was a bit overdue :heh: