NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jordan

Offical FEAR Thread

With this game now out in the US and i have a "copy" of it just wondering if you guys had any questions or wanted to share your views on it.

I'm currently on the fourth "level", its getting rather scary. Infact, i saved and quit when i heard the girl (called Aluma i think) say "Come... here..." yes, that was enough to scare me. Man shes phsyco, killed all my team mates bar 2 and now they sent me in alone against an entire army. Yeah, nice.

Anyway, this game is VERY PC heavy. I can run it all on max but i have to turn AA and soft shadows off. Its not too bad considering you spend half the time just scared shitless or pumped with adrenaline waiting for the next enemy. It's a fantastic game, i'll play some more when i get back from my driving lesson at 4:30pm.

I love how if you blast someone at close range with the shotgun, they disintegrate into a cloud of gore. Yeah, a CLOUD.

Yeah, its incredibly funny. The blood effects are better than the Source engine's i'd say.

We'll see how Quake 4 shapes up, hopefully without its "plasticy" character models. I still think Source is best for character models and animation as well as physics. I mean most objects are moveable but not breakable in FEAR.

With this game now out in the US and i have a "copy" of it just wondering if you guys had any questions or wanted to share your views on it.

did u use BT to "copy" the game? arn't u worried that u may get caught?

did u use BT to "copy" the game? arn't u worried that u may get caught?

*sigh* It's easy to not get caught, use a private tracker.

Who said i got a warez copy? I might have bought it. Anyway, please keep the warez talk to a minimum.

And yeah, use a private tracker :P

More to the point, just finished a rather hard fight. About 40+ enemy soliders, eep. It's getting damn scary in parts, that bloody girl makes me jump everytime i see her.

I'd have to say, you need ATLEAST a gig of ram to play this game well. So much goes on. Thankfully, on the test settings i have about 50-120fps. Which is nice.

What about prosessing power. What are you running on your system?

I have a P4 2.6, would I be pushing it to try and run it with that? lol

I'm running an Athlon 64 3800+. Your P4 might just cope, does it have hyper threading?

I'm running it on the following:

AMD AthlonXP 3000+

1 gig Corsair RAM in dual channel

Radeon X800 XT PE

It runs very well at 1280 x 1024, but I have to leave anti-aliasing off. The benchmark tool is great, there should be one in every game.

Who said i got a warez copy? I might have bought it. Anyway, please keep the warez talk to a minimum.

And yeah, use a private tracker :P

More to the point, just finished a rather hard fight. About 40+ enemy soliders, eep. It's getting damn scary in parts, that bloody girl makes me jump everytime i see her.

I didn't mean to offend , but hey i admit i was a heavy downloader, but i stopped due to all these lawsuits i hear, which spooked me considerably, hey i brought serious sam 2, i would have acquired it but i was to paranoid.....

back to the topic, i not goner play this until summer 06 due to uni and all, but to also cause i goner buy a pure gaming pc, which will be best of the best, and i want to play fear, quake 4 etc in all there glory and not in semi cool mode

yeah i am vain but hey

No offense taken mate, i download alot...

Errr, more to the point. I've been playing it for about 5 or 6 hours now, not bad for one day. It's not scary any more :( It's just mostly crazy gun fights. Although its fun, i miss being scared. Let's hope we see more soon! :)

Does it run better than the SP Demo, which was a bit stuttery for most people? The MP demo runs sooo smoothly on my PC.

Thats due to the physics settings, its the same for everyone :(

The SP demo slaughted my old PC got anew Pc recently so should have no probs running it. I will 'acquire' it soon, been playing the mp demo which is alot of fun nothing like slow mo drop kicking fools. Also in the process of getting Quake 4. :p

Man the combat in F.E.A.R is fantastic. It so spectacular to watch all those sparks and things fly everywhere.

The AI seems to be really good as well. I was in a part where I was chasing this guy and he was trying to run away from me while randomly shooting his Machinegun (which usually requires two hands to shoot) in one hand, bullets flying everywhere as he jumped over a rail and continued to run away and shoot at me till he died. The thing is that it isn't scripted neither, I died and the next time he just didn't do anything like that at all.

Holy crap, i just picked up an insane weapon. Its like a shotgun on crack. It can blow through several enemies. Repeater Canon its called. Very nice, also some strange shit is going on to say the least. I'm currently in some abandoned flats near this new research facility i've got to get to.

Man, this game could even be better than Half-Life 2...

Jeeze, i'm going against the final boss. Its just too scary. I saved it and quit for the mean time. Get some dutch courage before i play, heh.

The final boss is Ulma. Shes 18 years old, although she apparently died after going into a coma 8 days after her 8th birthday. She kills everything in path. Shes pretty much naked but, its me and her... and a repeater cannon.

Sign in to follow this