NEurope

So fun for awhile and then gets old?

Because I'm thinking of buying it ,but should I just rent it?

I played it last night for an hour with my other half and really enjoyed it. I didn't realise how terrible my voice was but I'm still clinging on to the hope that I just haven't found the right song yet! I sound like I'm auditioning for X Factor and trying to convince Simon Cowell that I really can sing, don't I? Anyway, no worries because you'll get a gold medal however bad your singing is.

That's the bit I really don't understand - I've tried the easy and medium levels and got gold every time even though I sounded terrible. I'm really hoping the hard level is a little more challenging. It's still great fun though but I need to unlock some more songs as some of the 'best' ones aren't available right away. Not done the dancing much yet and not tried the story mode at all so can't comment on that.

I think there's more than an hour in it - that's a little harsh. I can definitely see us having lots of fun with it for a month and then I'll take it to my folks at Christmas and we'll enjoy it all over again. I'll try and post a more comprehensive review next week when I've played it some more.

I played it last night for an hour with my other half and really enjoyed it. I didn't realise how terrible my voice was but I'm still clinging on to the hope that I just haven't found the right song yet! I sound like I'm auditioning for X Factor and trying to convince Simon Cowell that I really can sing, don't I? Anyway, no worries because you'll get a gold medal however bad your singing is.

That's the bit I really don't understand - I've tried the easy and medium levels and got gold every time even though I sounded terrible. I'm really hoping the hard level is a little more challenging. It's still great fun though but I need to unlock some more songs as some of the 'best' ones aren't available right away. Not done the dancing much yet and not tried the story mode at all so can't comment on that.

I think there's more than an hour in it - that's a little harsh. I can definitely see us having lots of fun with it for a month and then I'll take it to my folks at Christmas and we'll enjoy it all over again. I'll try and post a more comprehensive review next week when I've played it some more.

Apparently you can hum through the tracks and as long as you the follow song still pass...

Apparently you can hum through the tracks and as long as you the follow song still pass...

The same is true for Singstar though, to be fair.

The hard level is definitely more challenging and you lose points for doing a 'bad' line. I'd like to know a bit more about how the scoring works though - is it just picking up whether you make a sound at the right time and if that sound is a higher or lower note to the last one? I wonder how sophisticated it is.

To be honest I'm pretty bored of the track list. I wish there was more choice but that might just be because a lot of the music on there isn't to my taste.