NEurope

need this game!

I've always wanted singstar for ps2, and no its coming to the PS3 with downloadable tracks this looks like the only alternative for the Wii at the moment. (Other reason why I want a ps3 is for new ratchet and clank)

Hopefully it will turn out well, when's it out?

Hopefully it will turn out well, when's it out?
Fall 2007 worldwide release I think.

US Boxart: (placeholder?)

11759vm2.jpg

More Info:

- Region specific tracks most likely

- Video Maker mode will allow for use of 3d glasses, but it is not confirmed that they are included with the game

- 40 tracks (covers)

- Wii controls: shake the wiimote in 4 directions, A for changing move sets, B for combos, Z for character lipsync and joystick/Dpad for movement

- Microphone could be equal to this, but white:

micro_EA.jpg

- “Boogie meter†mimics SSX Blur meter

- Match your voice to the “original†voice. Pitch meter keeps track of your voice compared to original.

Source: http://www.revogamers.net/avances-127-Boogie,-primeras-impresiones-1.html (spanish)

Mic looks good, but should be white!

Read it again;

"Microphone could be equal to this, but white"

57311520070610_222715_0_big.jpg

57311520070610_222715_1_big.jpg

57311520070610_222716_2_big.jpg

57311520070610_222716_3_big.jpg

57311520070610_222716_4_big.jpg

57311520070610_222717_5_big.jpg

57311520070610_222717_6_big.jpg

57311520070610_222717_7_big.jpg

Interview:

Revogamers: Alain Tascan, Vice president and general manager of EA Montreal. Could you please tell us about your role in the project?

AT: So in this project I’m the co-creator. I’m very proud of it, but it’s a work of a team. We’re almost 50 people and every taunt has been very important. I’m the General Manager of the studio so I’m also the executive producer of the product.

RG: EA has been making some big titles specifically for the Wii lately, with SSX Blur or MySims. Why did you decide to bring Boogie exclusively for this system?

AT: We felt that it was the perfect system, because it’s something fun with the new controller… innovative music oriented and we felt that it was a perfect match between a game that is…you know, gear to give you pleasure. And the Wii, which is really based on fun and family.

RG: Have you planned downloadable tracks, creations sharing or multiplayer game via the Wii online features?

AT: For the moment on this version, no. Everything will be on the machine and not online.

RG: How will each boog affect the gameplay?

AT: The gameplay is the same but each character has its own animation and personal customizations. So, in the story mode you have to play all the characters and see all the animation by all the customization to really add fun and different experience. But the gameplay, the core gameplay, is the same.

RG: Will you include any region-exclusive tracks?

AT: We’re working on it now, we cannot announce anything but we wanna include specific singing for, you know, Spanish songs for instance or songs from Spain because sometimes Spanish songs don’t work all over the place, so we’re working on it for the moment.

RG: Was a dance pad considered at an earlier development stage?

AT: Not really. I mean, this is something we really wanted to do with the Wii controller, and try to do the best of it so we didn’t think that the pad was something that will add more to this experience.

RG: What do you think of Elite Beat Agents? Would the Boogie concept be suitable for a portable version?

AT: So that’s very possible! Actually… (laughs). You know, I love this game and I think that this is something that we would be able to put on the NDS, probably.

RG: Speaking of music games… can we look forward to a Rock Band specific version?

AT: I can’t talk on this, I don’t know the answer.

RG: You recently called the development costs “crazyâ€. How do you think Nintendo’s approach with the Wii will affect that?

AT: (Yes, I said a lot of things… laughs) I feel that the Wii is a great machine to develop on because you don’t base everything on the biggest technology, the fastest processor but they’ve really done something really different, really creative. I think the other machines have their own quality but this machine is really good to just do something and focus on the fun and the gameplay.

RG: Boogie will face well-known music and dancing games like DDR, Wii Music or Guitar Hero. How will Boogie become the star in that dance floor?

AT: Number one it will be the first game on the Wii to offer karaoke. It’s really this free form one on one, we want to make difference. It’s something that should play with younger audience, more… older audience, people who like more gameplay oriented like hardcore gamers… What we want to do, other than being competition is offering something that nobody’s offering. And that’s really focus on the fun and the gameplay for every ages.

RG: A last comment for the Spanish Wii user?

AT: I think it’s like a good fiesta time (laughs). I went out yesterday in Madrid and I saw that the Spanish people are really found of going out and dancing and singing so I think this is the perfect game for this summer.

RG: Ok, that’s all. Thanks a lot for your time.

AT: Thank you very much, gracias.

Source: http://www.revogamers.net/articulos-128-Boogie-entrevista-con-Alain-Tascan,-VP-de-EA-Canad%E1-1.html

Seems like EA have really grasped the power of the Wii. It's looking good. I hope its an exclusive for a long time. Having enjoyed Singstar and seeing the sheer joy it brings to party's I hope this is in the same vein. I'm yet to be convinced by the motion controls as it seems a little too far-fetched. (Ala trying to get characters to dance). Or am I missing something there?

I'm really intrigued by the video editing mode. There doesn't seem to be a WIFI sharing option; which would be brilliant post party.

Yet another Wii title by EA I'm looking forward to!: peace:

Looks like that the 3D glasses thingy is true! :heh:

I wonder how will it work..

This game should at least have an option to share videos..

Mic is white on the new boxart:

boogiemicps0.jpg

edit:

YouTube Trailer.

* ABC by The Jackson 5

* Baila Me by Gypsy Kings

* Boogie Oogie Oogie by Taste Of Honey

* Brick House by The Commodores

* Canned Heat by Jamiroquai

* Celebration by Kool & The Gang

* Dancing in the Street by Martha Reeves & The Vandellas

* Dancing Machine by Jackson 5

* Don't Cha by Pussycat Dolls / Busta Rhymes

* Fergalicious by Fergi

* Get Right by Jennifer Lopez

* Get The Party Started by Pink

* Girls Just Want To Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper

* Groove Is In The Heart by Dee-Lite

* I Want You Back by The Jackson 5

* I’m A Slave 4 U by Britney Spears

* It's Raining Men by The Weather Girls

* Karma Chameleon by Culture Club

* Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas

* Le Freak by Chic

* Let's Get It Started by Black Eyed Peas

* Love Rollercoaster by Red Hot Chili Peppers

* Love Shack by The B-52's

* Mambo No. 5 (A Little Bit of…) by Lou Bega

* Milkshake by Kelis

* One More Time by Daft Punk

* One Way Or Another by Blondie

* Oops I Did It Again by Britney Spears

* Pop Muzik by M

* S.O.S. by Rihanna

* Stars by Simply Red

* That's The Way (I Like It) by KC And The Sunshine

* Tu Y Yo by Thalia

* U Can't Touch This by M.C. Hammer

* Virtual Insanity by Jamiroquai

* Walking On Sunshine by Katrina & The Waves

* We Are Family by Sister Sledge

* Y.M.C.A. by The Village People

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=10785

sales+1

Good-great song-list, i'm interested.

I was thinking where you buy other mics for multiplayer! BUT theres a co-op mode where one dances and one sings, so thats good enough for me!

VH1 Boogie adverts:

->

(caught in the act)

->

(workout)

->

(dressing room)

->

(beaty queen blackmail)

->

(I learned it by watching you)

They definitely aren't aiming for the kids :o

Reviewed in ONM. Decent score 81%. Multiplayer only though and that the dancing is pretty average :( DAMN!!! They said you cant dance on the off beat and that stuff slows you down. Disappointing but may still get it!

Well 81% from ONM is about a 70-75% game...

Still pretty good though I reckon, considering it's a brand new franchise. Great track list aswell I reckon.

Reviewed in ONM. Decent score 81%. Multiplayer only though and that the dancing is pretty average :( DAMN!!! They said you cant dance on the off beat and that stuff slows you down. Disappointing but may still get it!

A good score. Wait for more than 1 review before you judge the dancing. It is ONM afterall. :wink:

The first advert rocked.

Stay away from this trash...

3.0 from 1up.com: http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3161802

I'm still getting it, the reviewer never liked it, it seems, even before reviewing it...

Well, thats the impression i got anyway.

I'll be getting the US copy this saturday and i'll let you know my opinion on it!

3.0 seems a little too drastic to me.

True, I have heard a couple of not-so-flattering things about Boogie. Let's wait for more 'official' reviews to come it, but the future is starting to look rather bleak for Boogie.

Shame. Then again, it's EA, so Boogie 2 will just be around the corner with EA's patented 'let's partially fix what was so obviously broken in last year's edition"-shine. ;)