NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
frankie_baby

ebay - ha ha

sorry for being a total fanboy but just had a look on ebay, wii's are still selling at above RRP not by a lot but still over, where as theres loads of ps3s up most with starting prices of 600 quid that NO ONE has bid on and the few with lower prices have attracted a few bids but are still going for less than on the shop shelves theres sure gonna be a lot of people trying to make a quick buck that get their fingers burned

This maybe isnt the best place for this...

but i have noticed that not one PS3 on ebay is selling for even the shop price.

sorry for being a total fanboy but just had a look on ebay, wii's are still selling at above RRP not by a lot but still over, where as theres loads of ps3s up most with starting prices of 600 quid that NO ONE has bid on and the few with lower prices have attracted a few bids but are still going for less than on the shop shelves theres sure gonna be a lot of people trying to make a quick buck that get their fingers burned

Get a life.

I don't agree with this practice of buying new systems and putting them on ebay for a tidy profit. It's greedy and selfish, and it's wrong for all those people who have waited to purchase a system on launch day only to find that some fuckers have bought the consoles with no intention of playing them or using them for their original purposes.

This is something I feel pretty strongly about.

I don't agree with this practice of buying new systems and putting them on ebay for a tidy profit. It's greedy and selfish, and it's wrong for all those people who have waited to purchase a system on launch day only to find that some fuckers have bought the consoles with no intention of playing them or using them for their original purposes.

Imo it's there own fault for not being organised enough.

I agree with Fierce here, it's about time those people get punished for doing this.

The launch stock is likely to stay on the shelves even. Nobody is going to pay a 1000 euro ripoff for the PS3.

well if anyone fancies further laughs at sonys expense, here is a pic of the queue at the official launch event... remember that the queue for the wii at hmv launch event started building up at 9am... and steadyly go bigger and bigger,this pic was taken at some point this morning after 10am

ps3launchevent4.jpg

the spotters amongest u will note there are just 3 maybe 4 customers the other 3 are staff!

EDIT:

I know this thread is pretty pointless to be honest, but wanted to post this pic and not start a new thread for it

Getting in the queue for the Wii at half 11 (30 minutes to release) was fun, but my God was it hectic inside the store. So hot, stuffy and so many sweaty Nintendo fans. Fun, but it was chaos.

Hahahaha how funny!

do detect sarcasm?! or maybe not in this instance hard to tell...

thought so, thought it was worth posting for people perhaps interested..but didn't see point of starting new thread...

anyhow on the topic of reselling consoles on ebay yes it should be stamped down on and should not be allowed. I hope people who go out buying 5 PS3's tonight get very stung, when they don't make any profit.

I agree very muchly. I don't mind so much with other things like games, or stuff in quite a large quantity of supply that stocks will not run low due to it, but I really REALLY hate people that do it with systems, and am rather glad that no one is managing to get back what they paid on their PS3s. Admittedly, I'd rather that happened to people trying to resell wiis, but apparently it's just too popular for that. In fact, the more annoying thing about this is probably that Sony are still getting their monies rather than falling on their faces!

Yes you do.

You dont have a PS3 do you? If so, good for you. The price will drop sooner or later and when it does customers will have to take it on the chin. there will be some great games on all systems, but this gen is really a matter of 360 or wii

and yeah, that queue is pretty bad...

Actually i think you do have one, i remember you talking about motorstorm if im correct?

I know two people reselling.

1 deserves this. the other was convinced by him that it was a sure thing, easy money, and he needs the money and can't really afford to lose £800 (he was buying 2, one to resell, one to keep). I tried my best to talk him out of it, but I have failed :(

I did talk two of my mates out of it fortunately.

You dont have a PS3 do you? If so, good for you. The price will drop sooner or later and when it does customers will have to take it on the chin. there will be some great games on all systems, but this gen is really a matter of 360 or wii

and yeah, that queue is pretty bad...

Actually i think you do have one, i remember you talking about motorstorm if im correct?

Yes i do, and you cant say what will when when the PS3 aint even out yet...

ps3 is crap

all the great games are coming for the 360 as well

Devil may cry , assasins creed , Virtua fighter , Tekken , and lots more games for the 360

and the wii is much more fun then the 2 of them i have 360 and a wii and my brother has ps3 ps3 sucks for real the games run slower then on the 360

then why bother buying a ps3

my brother is trying to sell his ps3 and buy a wii

Why are people queuing up for a console hours before launch when they've already been guaranteed one?

ps3 is crap

all the great games are coming for the 360 as well

Devil may cry , assasins creed , Virtua fighter , Tekken , and lots more games for the 360

and the wii is much more fun then the 2 of them i have 360 and a wii and my brother has ps3 ps3 sucks for real the games run slower then on the 360

then why bother buying a ps3

my brother is trying to sell his ps3 and buy a wii

It's not often that i'm utterly stunned by something i've read on the internet. But... Wow.

I feel a bit bad for Sony, I mean they deserve to have the same success as the Wii because even though the Wii has been proclaimed as a revolution many of the games just don't hold up to the standards of games you can play the normal way.

The PS3 has a lot of decent games, although only about 2 of them are exclusive but the Wii has only one great game and lots of okay games.

This is quite sad: Australian PS3 Launch

Wasn't the gaming industry the only part of the company Sony were making money? I'm not sure but I hope not, think of all the people who will lose their jobs. :hmm:

Is it so wrong to think that the PS3 could be doing just a little bit sucky? Especially after seeing those pictures.

I read about an interview with Howard Stringer, bossman of Sony, saying Kutaragi was being an ass. He didnt share all his ideas or intentions with the other peoples, possibly making it difficult for the PS3.

This is quite sad: Australian PS3 Launch

Wasn't the gaming industry the only part of the company Sony were making money? I'm not sure but I hope not, think of all the people who will lose their jobs. :hmm:

Lol that is pretty funny! I'm sure Sony are pissed off with themselves. I wonder if any of the tabloids here in the UK will report as much coverage on the PS3 as they did on the Wii..

Sign in to follow this