NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
masaki86

PES 5

I don't know what it is but I've never been a massive fan of sports games.

I can recognise it as a good game still but it's never really managed to hold interest from me.

My bro will get it and play it endlessly no doubt, he's never off Pro Evo!!!!

The ISS/PRO thing is like what goes on at sega; there are loads of different groups withing SEGA(sonic team, overworks.....)and they all make their own games.

The same goes for Konami. KCET and KCEJ are both part of the main konami setup, but they are still different groups. They make their own games, and there will undoubtedly be differences.

Anyway back in 98 ISS98>ISS Evolution nowadays PES pawns ISS.

edit-oh, and there have been occasions where I have picked up the ball as a defender, span, flicked, shimmied and side shuffled my way from my own goal mouth to the opposition goal and scored!!

oh man, PES5 is really frustrating me!! I'm finding it really hard to break down teams and always end up getting 1-1 scores, or something similar.

It just hasn't gelled with me yet....I think

Im struggling as well, its one huge change of gameplay but thats gonna be the beauty of it once you do get used to it, it'll look like your playing ballet.

Review I read said a "con" was for new players would struggle with the steep learning curve, ive played and owned all the 4 previous versions and am struggling!!

well im not really into PE at all, played PE3 for a bit , but only coz brother offered me a few games, but it didnt catch on,

hes just got the new one, and it sounds gud (the screams and shouts from him and his mates), so ill probly try it out

I see GAME are selling Pro Evo 5 for £20 if you trade in Pro Evo 4. I'll take that one up on Monday, I think.

I see GAME are selling Pro Evo 5 for £20 if you trade in Pro Evo 4. I'll take that one up on Monday, I think.

and theyre also really stupid, they must of been sick of the people trading it in, as my brother traded in pro evo 4, came home with pro evo 5, opened the PS2 and guess wot game was in their, :P

Can anyone explain how the teamwork attributes work? I'm talking about when you press R2 at the formation settings screen and the spots get replaced by numbers.

What I found is that it's easier to score Lampard-esque out side the box shots. I encourage people to have a pop if they can't seem to break down a defence.

Another way is to start on 2/3* and gradually step up a star when you begin to win 80% of matches.

Bollocks, I traded my PES4 in about a week ago so I could get something else. I don't think I got that much for it either.

getting PES5 for pc for £20

i got PES 5 for PS2 for £15, HMV ballsed up looky

We have shipped the following items in your order xxxxxxxxxx on 2005-10-20:

1 HC PLAYSTATION 2 GAME PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 5 GBP 14.99

SubTotal: GBP 14.99

Shipping & Handling: GBP 00.00

This order was shipped using .

HMV.co.uk is operated by HMV Guernsey Limited, Coutts House, Le Truchot, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 1WD, registered in Guernsey No. 43285

Total: GBP 14.99

All amounts are in UK pounds.

ebay it is or anybody on here wants it for a price, PM as i wont be needing it for PS2, you can get a bargain. £25+

played it for the past few days with mates; started out hard, but got the hang of it now. We(me and my mate) won the world cup as England on 5* with a couple of 6 goal drubbings so I think i'm getting used to the new style.

I don't think it's hard enough. I've lost twice and won 6 times in total so far against 5-star.

I've not even played the first two and only played the others for no more than 10 matches on each version, surely i shouldn't be winning so quickly against 5-star?

I did that on PES4 on three stars, that was really hard, except for Espimas scoring a goal from the halfway line against Man U and going on to win 1-0.

Anyway, PES5: Brilliant! Edited most of the game, did the strips, got Villa's, Man City's, Liverpool's, Bolton's and Newcastle's strips almost exactly like they are.

I'm pleased you can put edited players into clubs, I created myself and won the Serie A Scudetto with AC Milan.

It's nice to see how many teams are licensed this time. Arsenal, Chelsea, Celtic, Rangers. Plus new teams, Fenerbahce (they weren't on PES4), Rosenborg, Shaktar Donetsk, FC Kopenhagen.

And the play is better, feels much more like footie than PES4.

I've said too much.

I did that on PES4 on three stars, that was really hard, except for Espimas scoring a goal from the halfway line against Man U and going on to win 1-0.

Anyway, PES5: Brilliant! Edited most of the game, did the strips, got Villa's, Man City's, Liverpool's, Bolton's and Newcastle's strips almost exactly like they are.

I'm pleased you can put edited players into clubs, I created myself and won the Serie A Scudetto with AC Milan.

It's nice to see how many teams are licensed this time. Arsenal, Chelsea, Celtic, Rangers. Plus new teams, Fenerbahce (they weren't on PES4), Rosenborg, Shaktar Donetsk, FC Kopenhagen.

And the play is better, feels much more like footie than PES4.

I've said too much.

Do you have the PC or PS2 version? If you have a Max Drive (like a special PS2 Usb Key) (get it from Play.com) you can get pre-made option files by teh proffesional PESsers down at pesfan.com. It contains: This file contains:-

Corrected Club team names

Corrected player names

Corrected Stadium names

All in game transfers have been done (New players have NOT been created)

Club teams squad corrections

Corrected squad numbers

Corrected starting 11’s

Unlicensed club team kits updated (Emblems and Logos added)

International Kits updated (Emblems and Logos added)

New boots added

or you can edit it yourself for free, with the built in editor :)

Aye, but that can take bluddy ages. And if you want to get all right it's tricky for example knowing who's in say Blackburns first eleven.

Schpickles may I recommend a player by the name of Berbatov, His stats start of prety low but now thay have exceeded his development and up into the 90's. He's also keen to go to your club.

Aye, but that can take bluddy ages. And if you want to get all right it's tricky for example knowing who's in say Blackburns first eleven.

You can get stuff you edited on PES4 onto PES5, such as the badges and Stadium names, it will cut off half the time.

Oh, and I'll keep a look out for Berbatov as well.

Had pro evo 5 for about a week now, got the hang of it. I'm doing the ML on 2* but i really should up the difficulty when my season ends because i just won 7-1 against the third best team in the league:)

The new game is so much more realistic, while dribbling is harder, its more realistic.

Free kicks are now scorable (YAY);), i'm also finding headers easier; on pro evo 4 they always seemed to sky them.

Also Lampard-esque screamers are now much easier:)

I got promoted into D1 after doing the double. Currently doing 2 stars. And playing against Chelsea is brilliant.

I bought Berbatov and he's been great so far. Scored as many goals as Baros.

I'm planning on buying Andrea Pirlo and Kaka' from AC Milan, I might get Thomas Hitzlsperger back from VfB Stuttgart if I fancy.

I've also got my eye on a 20 year old Right Back named Sergio Ramos, he seems good, he has attributes over 75 and under 80, but they should go up.

If you did thats just against true Master League rules, which is just shocking. ;)

Look out for Pienaar, South Afrcian kid, dogs bollox stats.

One thing that I do find, in some games especially in Div 2 was the defence sat way to deep, usually protected by 2 defensive midfielders. :mad:

I am lovin Pro evo 5 right now. Initially it was a little frustrating but the more I played it, the more I like it.

Right now I'm in my second season in my master league mode with the mighty Arsenal. Bought Rooney from man U......can't believe they let me get him in the first transfer window.

Only thing I don't like about it is the accumulated fatigue (in master league). Surely the players can't get THAT tired?? At this rate I'll need a squad like Chelsea to have players who are fit to play.

Other then that though, I'm lovin the game. :smile:

Sign in to follow this