NEurope
thirtynine.

Experts Expect Sony PS3 to outsell Wii

32 bit- Sega saturn did not win

Saturn was "stronger" than PS1, but it was hell to program for. Also, I think Master System had better hardware than NES.

Yep, just like the Gamecu.... oh wait...

gamecube however came 2 years after ps2...maybe it is the weakest overall though

Give me a 360 anyday. (Should be getting one the end of next month)

To be honest, wouldn't it have been a better idea to release the PS3 on the 30th?....many people's payday.

It will do eventually in a few years time. however by that time Nintendo will be well on their way with the successor to the Wii. Bound to have HD graphics. And who's to say the successor to the Wii and the Wii won't co-exist on the market place.

Saturn was "stronger" than PS1, but it was hell to program for. Also, I think Master System had better hardware than NES.

The saturn was better in the RAM area which worked well for 2D games and 1st person shooters and it had faster loading times but the 3D architecture in the playstation was far superior even after a few years the 1st person shooters started to out perform the saturns graphically.

just a note I am a fan of the saturn more than the playstation. I think the master system was more powerful thent he NES but didn't the NES have the bigger cartridges?

Yeah, this made me lol:

*Snip*

3 days from launch and we still have availability!

Seriously though, what good games are there on the PS3?

There's certainly more I want on the PS3 than on the Wii :) There's plenty if you actually look.

i think the "experts" that said this are sony fanboys

Yeah, people are actually going to let their opinions get in the way of their job. That they get paid for. For being as correct as possible.

The Wii aint future proof at all, the PS3 is.

Time will tell, mark my words.

I'm sure the ps3 will outsell the wii, but thats only because supply is pretty much double, of what the wii was.

And why does this bother people so much?

I hope the wii fails in this country. I always like backing an underdog. I can also be smug knowing that I'm not mainstream... It needs to do well else where so that the games get developped (and the hackers do their job)

The saturn was better in the RAM area which worked well for 2D games and 1st person shooters and it had faster loading times but the 3D architecture in the playstation was far superior even after a few years the 1st person shooters started to out perform the saturns graphically.
No it wasn't, trust me... Saturn was just dificult to push, it had 7 cpu's in there so most developers just didn't bother. Also Sega was known in that era to keep the better development tools for themselfes.

Of course PSone enjoyed a bigger cycle so in the end titles looked better than first generation while saturn was dead and buried, but saturn was without any doubt more powerful in 3D.

a lot like in this gen, Ps2 was really pushed being the market leader and weak console, GC and XBox didn't but they were more powerful.

Saturn could actually push 700.000 polygons per second, way above PSone; hell... Take a look at Shenmue beta for saturn, now that's impressive.

There's certainly more I want on the PS3 than on the Wii :) There's plenty if you actually look.
I can't see nothing there at the moment.
The Wii aint future proof at all, the PS3 is.

Time will tell, mark my words.

yeah, because you know all about hardware. (not meant to be offensive)

If anything... I'd rather have X360 when it comes to hardware. it's not ideal but it's certainly more balanced. PS3 is seriously lacking at places. (as in... not future proof or limited).

I don't have a problem with Wii's amount of power though, I think it can last 5 years if developers get the hang of it, but I won't tell anyone to mark my words, I have a good idea of what it's capable off and that's good graphics nonetheless, now that depends on developers.

Nothing is future proof though, depends on the cycle you design them for and the interest people keep in the hardware. There's no way PS3 can last 10 years in the market without getting outdated, hell... it's getting outdated already. For one it's GPU is based on Geforce 7xxxx there's 8800 already.

I'd rather have all three. They're each going to have games worth owning, I don't want any machine to fail. They all deserve to make money.

Sony vs Nintendo vs Microsoft. The winner? Me.

The thing is though, i know i keep saying it, but as more and more people get HD-TV's there gonna realise the Wii looks abit poo on them, while the 360 and PS3 look stunning.

Then theres online play, Nintendo's wont have shit on Live or PSN.

To be honest i do think motion sensing is a novelty as well, i mean you cant master a game like Red Steel as if it were CSS on the PC can you.

Anyways im sure i will have fun on my Wii, but i needed to say that :smile:

The thing is though, i know i keep saying it, but as more and more people get HD-TV's there gonna realise the Wii looks abit poo on them, while the 360 and PS3 look stunning.

To be honest i do think motion sensing is a novelty as well, i mean you cant master a game like Red Steel as if it were CSS on the PC can you.

Unless your like me, and doesn't give a shit about graphics.

You say that the wii remote is a novelty, but when DS 1st come out, everyone was negative against the new ways of playing, but now it's selling tens of thousands every week!

And the wii remote can make a big difference, just look at the God Father! The controls look awesome for that game.

One more thing, i've got a HD tv, and the wii graphics arn't a problem for me.

Also, does the 360 or ps3 offer one-handed gameplay? - I think not.

Good graphics are a nice plus, but after a while people will stop caring about it and going after what the game really is. Also, I play LOTS of PC FPS and I nailed the Red Steel controls very fast.

Theres already MORE games I want due to be released on PS3 than have been released on the Wii. Its a FACT that the Wii is still getting mostly kiddy games and crap ports. Apart from Zelda, Excite Truck and Wii Sports there is nothing of much use on the Wii at the moment except mini games.

So for me I will only get a few Wii games until I can $$$ to get a 1080p LCD screen and PS3.In 1 - 2 years the PS3 will be thrashing the Wii.

About Nintendo not having as good an online network as Microsoft and Sony... It doesn't really harm Nintendo's strategy. The majority of the population does not care about playing Co-Op with a petulant 13-year old on the other side of the world. All most people care about is having decent games and plenty of them.

So far, with only a handful of decent game, Nintendo have done exceptionally well. And it doesn't seem that anything will stop their success because the games will only get better. Some third-party games that I have seen recently look absolutely brilliant and even if some of them have "kiddie" looks, they still look like great fun to play. I'm starting to think that the Wii is going to have many, many great releases, beyond Nintendo's own fare. And even if the Wii isn't "future proof", it'll still enjoy a good 4 to 5 years as HDTV's will not be industry standard until 2011 at least, and as many people have said before it'll all about the games anyway, and I'm fairly confident there will be many great ones.

Who cares who sells the most systems anyway. Whatever happens we're in for 5 years of top class gaming.

there is no point in getting a Ps3 anymore becouse all the good games that where suposed to be on ps3 are all coming to 360 too

and even for the graphics it doesn't bother me i like wat nintendo has done for the wii i enjoy the wii more than My 360.

I guess people didn't realise most PS2 games looked shit on SDTV then, since it still sold the most.

Like said before... Wii can look good on a HDTV if the console has a good upscale chip, that sadly a lot of cheaper TV sets just cut. It can look better on a HDTV than in a SDTV as it does slightly more resolution on them.

Take Mario Galaxy for example, if you look at HD clips from GDC you can still see jaggies, but Nintendo still showed it to a bunch of journalists and actually looked good. Of course you can say X360 looks crisper but in the end... it looks great.

As for online service, I'm not dissing it... but Xbox 1 didn't sold based on it, even if we go that way only about 10% of the guys actually paid for xbox live; it's nice but I don't believe it's the thing driving the industry and the thing casual gamers are screaming for.

In the end and if Wii is sucessful, even if the online is crap... you'll see people going online; just like on NDS actually, remember how fast they beat 1 million and then 2 million users.

Theres already MORE games I want due to be released on PS3 than have been released on the Wii. Its a FACT that the Wii is still getting mostly kiddy games and crap ports. Apart from Zelda, Excite Truck and Wii Sports there is nothing of much use on the Wii at the moment except mini games.
There's also Sonic wildfire and other games, X360 was looking worse last year by this time, without new games and not selling much at stores and PS3 is looking grim by comparison.
So for me I will only get a few Wii games until I can $$$ to get a 1080p LCD screen and PS3.In 1 - 2 years the PS3 will be thrashing the Wii.
Is that what you want or what you think will happen? :indeed:

I dunno about future, even because right now Sony has to react to what's happening first, it's ridiculous to predict they'll be doing alright just because they did two generations on a row.

PS3 in 2-3 years time (after prices have gone down to affordable) will 110% have sold more units than the wii, there global fan base is just too large...

i thought that was obvious???

Once upon a time... Nintendo also had a much bigger "fan" base.

Seriously, you can't consider the majority of the market a fanbase, they're just like sheeps they'll buy what looks best.

Besides Wii is selling more than even PS2 now, let alone PS3; if it keeps going that way (and for that it needs games) it's already doing a lot better than PS3 is, but no... We still have to predict Nintendo's fall by 2008.

I dunno what'll happen but I certainly hope not.

If the majority of that so-called Fanbase has defected to the cheaper-and-same-games 360, (Devil may cry being the newest to break PS3 exclusitivity) there won't be much for the PS3 to gain back.

All the Sony fanboys I know aren't getting one until the price drops heavily so where are these mystery sales going to come from. Surprised there's anyone still so loyal considering they've got the worst package out of every territory.

i hate how people say Wii has shit gfx compared to the PS3 and just think the Wii could of done better

your forgetting the Price

£180 - Colsole that can produce very nice gfx (mario Galaxy and thats within the first year)

£420 - Console that hasnt proved its own ground in Gfx as at the moment it is having most of its games ported to an "Apparently" weaker console (360)

the PS3 is 2.33 times dearer than the Wii

and with all these "Amazing games" coming out for the PS3 at £50 a pop... its not going to become cheaper any time soon

P.S the only game that looks interesting at launch is resistance but i havent really looked into that at all