NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Twozzok

Taking a few PSU's and putting them into 1 system.

I have 3 PSU's here, all rated at 200W. For the 12v Rail, they're rated at 7A, 6A and 6A. Would it be possible to power a single PC using all 3, say if heat isn't an issue.

To clarify, I was given a LanParty Nf4 SLI compatible Socket 939 motherboard, along with an Athlon 64 FX55, and a 6800 Ultra. According to some guides, that's gonna need about 19A to run (including hard drives and DVD drives etc, also with a tad of overhead.)

If I got a PCIe 6-pin power converter thingy so I'd actually have the right connection would this be at all safe/possible to do?

You could always easily run them on the outside of the case... but you'de need to some how hook all 3 up to the motherboard power connector so they all turn on when you boot the machine... which is no simple task.

Wanna sell me your PSU? :P

My PSU was £60... no :D

Getting them to turn on is pretty easy. You just need to short one of the ATX power plug's pins to ground if I remember correctly. You might be able to use the three PSUs if you setup one PSU for the mainboard, one for the graphics card and the third to the drives.

But it's easier & safer to buy a new one.

Sign in to follow this