NEurope

Pitchfork gave Sainthood a 7.3.

*Shrugs shoulders*

That's the best they've ever given Tegan and Sara you foolish one!

Hardly a bad score either.

That's the best they've ever given Tegan and Sara you foolish one!

Hardly a bad score either.

The reason I was shrugging my shoulders is that I've lost faith in Pitchfork.

The fact they rated So Jealous like 3 or something. The fact they rated Daft Punk really low, then went on to name it the 3rd best album of the 00's.

All I smell is foul, foul, filthy cheese.

Well...the problem with reviews of anything is that opinions change over time. Looking back is a good way of judging stuff, once an "era" has been and gone.

They gave Liz Phair's self-titled a 0.0 (arguing that is the most un-needed album ever, and bad in general, which is true), but then gave her one after that a 2.00, but said;

I know I may be in the minority 'round these parts, but I actually like Liz's 2003 self-titled trainwreck. Yes, it's desperate and confused and comes on to you like the mom in American Pie. For all of those reasons, I find it quite fascinating and entertaining, not to mention provocative. I mean, we're still talking about it, aren't we? ...In hindsight, the 0.0 bomb was wasted on that album, because it's much better than Somebody's Miracle.

So if they were allowed to re-review things, scores would change.

(I don't take their word as gospel, but it's good site to browse for interesting music)

Yeah, it would be better if it were more peer-reviewed - as in reviewers submit their reviews / scores and they took the average, and allowed it to change over time.

But alas, it's not.

-------------

I love how Intro / Noche Sin Fin by Juliette Lewis is really atmospheric / evokes the thought of walking through a foggy forest in my mind.

[brixton Pic]

Although it's not in the best of areas, I've got to say I really like the Brixton Academy, been there a few times never had a bad gig.

When I join a band and make an album, I need to create some sort of mash-up of Head by Prince and Like A Virgin by Madonna.

Would be the greatest thing I'd ever hear/see. I read that the Dirty Mind album was pretty shocking at the time, but songs about getting a blowjob from a woman on the way to her wedding, and...

U know you're good, girl

I think you like to go down

U wouldn't have stopped

But I, I came on your wedding gown

:o

Oh lord, Sister just started...an incest anthem.

When I join a band and make an album, I need to create some sort of mash-up of Head by Prince and Like A Virgin by Madonna.

Would be the greatest thing I'd ever hear/see. I read that the Dirty Mind album was pretty shocking at the time, but songs about getting a blowjob from a woman on the way to her wedding, and...

:o

Oh lord, Sister just started...an incest anthem.

Sister is amazing

Anyone a fan of Dananananakroyd? Silly name but ya know. Indie 'fight pop' as they describe themselves.

Anwyways, saw them live the other night, SO MUCH FUN. One of the best gig's I've ever been to... these guys are the kings of crowd interaction. Wall of hugs ftw... then they ran out into the crowd and played one of the songs, vocalist on the guitarist's shoulders, madess. I love.

Edited by dan-likes-trees

Saw Dananananananananananananankroyd at Reading. Had never heard of them before that, but they were indeed awesome.

It distresses me that I can't listen to Kid A on my iTunes, as the files on iTunes scream due to the bass or something. Have to get the Cd Player out to listen to it. Which arguably makes the experience far more sacred.

Just to lower the tone of the musical discussion...

While Cheryl Cole's album isn't particularly great, I do like the title track, it's peculiarly distant and spooky, which I really like. It has a tremendous atmosphere, considering that were it a standard electro-banger, the lyrics would probably be boring/standard. But it's quite nice and tense almost. A bit sad?

I also like Happy Hour for being the only other catchy song apart from FFTL.

I was referring to my blurb about Cheryl Cole lowering the tone. :p

A Radiohead post followed by a post about Cherly Cole? What a world!

I can't stop listening to this song. It was playing in Ine's Dad's car when we were going somewhere and I instantly knew I liked it. Then, I heard it again, and I thought "I've gotta know what this is."

Beautiful song, imo.

Also, I can't stop listening to Massive Attack. That concert the other week has made me want them inside me.

You know, in an alternative universe I would of been with you at that gig instead of your lovely girlfriend.

I'm love-lier, though.

And weeeeeddddd be togeeeeetherrrrrrr.

You know, in an alternative universe I would of been with you at that gig instead of your lovely girlfriend.

I'm love-lier, though.

And weeeeeddddd be togeeeeetherrrrrrr.

The fatal error here is that you are although sexy, still lacking the breasts.

It could've been a threesome type of thing, but I like things in even numbers. So, either bring a friend, or get your haaaands off my female.

Can I bring along my girlfriend, ReZ?

Did you not see what he did with the ice cream in the other thread?

You sure you want that as your female? You Brave, Kid.

Good post Flinky. Really, really pleasant song that. First time hearing it but I'd agree with your sentiments. Beautiful song indeed.

Good post Flinky. Really, really pleasant song that. First time hearing it but I'd agree with your sentiments. Beautiful song indeed.

I'm glad you like it! It's really something quite special, to me anyway. Maybe because I associate it with nice feelings or a good memory. I don't know what you would call that type of music. It's the sort of thing that I like, though. :)

That Mumford song would be far better just as an instrumental. I found the voice and lyrics distracting from how nice the actual music was.

---

For Stuwii/any Muse fans, the recently turned up song not included on Resistance, Soaked, has been given to Adam Lambert (someone from American Idol) for his debut album.

alg_adam_lambert.jpg

:hmm:

I'll let that mull.

Edited by Paj!