NEurope

Go With The Flow by Queens of the Stone Age...

Whenever it plays I just have to sing along to it - which I do often - it's become a habit but Idk. :D

--------------------------------------

Had an interesting listening session of random songs starting with Like Someone In Love by Bjork and ending in the above posted video... :p inbetween that though Prescilla by Bat For Lashes, 21 Things I Want In A Lover by Alanis Morissette, *You've Got The Love 'by' Florence + The Machine, Fugitive Motel by Elbow and Bertie by Kate Bush which I really had an urge to listen to because of last bit which I love...

'You bring me so much joy

And then you bring me more joy'

repeat x6

I just love it... :)

Luv-ely Luv-ely Luv-ely Ber-teee!

There're some great songs on Aerial. The whole second disc is beautiful, and I consider it one long song, tbh. The first disc is more "seperate". A Coral Room is great.

My favourite Jimmy Eat World track is this one. Sweetness

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I heart that song too :)

Just got back from seeing Phoenix live.

They are genuinely amazing. Along with The Offspring (Don't bother to make a comment unless you've seen them. They are THAT good live.) and Pixies they are one of the best live acts I've seen.

No. Sweetness is awesome, but, honestly, not the best song. Pretty much all of Clarity is genius -- and A Praise Chorus is my favourite JEW song, tbh. Sweetness and n The Middle (and drugs, pain, etc) are all too... obvious for me. If you like JEW then, simply, you will prefer one of their other songs, because you will understand that the band is about personal connections, and emo shit like that. Favouriting their top singles is really just doing them an injustice. Listen to Lucky Denver Mint, or Tables for Glasses if you want to know how they feel about the cool crew listening to their music.

Or something.

Daaaamn. I wish this song replaced Guiding Light on The Resistance, it's brilliant.

No. Sweetness is awesome, but, honestly, not the best song. Pretty much all of Clarity is genius -- and A Praise Chorus is my favourite JEW song, tbh. Sweetness and n The Middle (and drugs, pain, etc) are all too... obvious for me. If you like JEW then, simply, you will prefer one of their other songs, because you will understand that the band is about personal connections, and emo shit like that. Favouriting their top singles is really just doing them an injustice. Listen to Lucky Denver Mint, or Tables for Glasses if you want to know how they feel about the cool crew listening to their music.

Or something.

Most of my favourite JEW songs are the one's they never released. Be Sensible, Polaris, If You Don't Don't, Kill, Claire, Just Watch The Fireworks. I could go on. I've always thought that the other songs on their albums are superior to the ones they release as singles. That's not to say I don't like the singles. I don't think there's a track by JEW I dislike.

Edited by Jon

Clarity is probably the best album iv ever heard. Just amazing. But 23, Polaris, Drugs Or Me, My Sundown, Kill are all favourites. Love Jimmy Eat World :)

Lucky Denver Mint is a fantastic song and probably one of my favourites by them. Haven't listened to it in awhile so think I'll look it out and give it a listen.

Had been looking into buying the REM back catalogue as I've lost the CDs I had from them. But to my surprise, I was sitting at the computer downstairs earlier this morning and saw my Dad has just bought the whole lot so mean I don't have to fork out for them. Score :bouncy:! That'll be getting a listen to later on.

At the moment though, I'm just back from getting hold of Johnny Foreigner's new album, Grace and the Bigger Picture, after reading a review of it in Kerrang! So glad I bought it as it's really good so far. Big fan of the band and I honestly think they are one of the most interesting bands that has come out of Britain in the last few years. The first three songs of the album meld so perfectly together I was wondering if it was still the same song. That goes to show some masterful editting and mixing there to get that kind of effect. You could also look at it the other way but from my point of view, it's a very positive thing for it being like that.

Or something.

I've never really got into JEW. There are a few songs from them I like, and there are others I dinnae care about when I heard them.

I'll probably take a toe dip into their stuff some time. As in, I'll get Bleed American and give that a listen. I've been meaning to get that album for a while now.

I quite enjoy. I love the video. Could be set in the world of Ys.

I've had The Garden's End by her for ages, I recall it sounding good.

I'd never listened to Jimmy Eat World in my life, as I hated their name and assumed I wouldn't like them. I listened to half of clarity, and I'm not blown away, mainly cause I hate nondescript singing voices that are dime a dozen. The lyrics weren't prominent for me to judge them (I'm sure they're good).

I went for coffee today with the LGBT rep of my college, who's a grad English student, and I mentioned how I was excited that Patrick Wolf is coming to speak at the Oxford Union, and he replied "You shouldn't be, Patrick said that he isn't going to come."

Turns out he's good friends with Patrick Wolf, and they used to write experimental music together in London. And he was enemies with Patrick Wolf's current boyfriend.

Feels so stunning.

I went for coffee today with the LGBT rep of my college, who's a grad English student, and I mentioned how I was excited that Patrick Wolf is coming to speak at the Oxford Union, and he replied "You shouldn't be, Patrick said that he isn't going to come."

Turns out he's good friends with Patrick Wolf, and they used to write experimental music together in London. And he was enemies with Patrick Wolf's current boyfriend.

Feels so stunning.

You're now part of Six degrees of Patrick Wolf. Since Lindsay didn't really apply to you, just me.

You're now part of Six degrees of Patrick Wolf. Since Lindsay didn't really apply to you, just me.

I'm 2 really good steps away from him, where you are 3 really bad ones, since you can tell Lindsay and Eliza hate each other.

------

Uninvited by Alanis Morissette is the best song on my iTunes. The lyrics and her voice are blinding. The final minute makes me cream (although could be more stunning if it were longer).

I'm 2 really good steps away from him, where you are 3 really bad ones, since you can tell Lindsay and Eliza hate each other.

Lol fine. Yeah, you can tell it was Nelly Furtado that Eliza had the most fun with.

Uninvited by Alanis Morissette is the best song on my iTunes. The lyrics and her voice are blinding. The final minute makes me cream (although could be more stunning if it were longer).

Missed opportunity for a Peaches reference.

Missed opportunity for a Peaches reference.

The fact is that I actually thought to write that, but thought no one would get it.

---------

I'm sitting down and listening to Me & Armini by Emiliana Torrini for the first time ever just now, despite having had it for yonks. I'm enjoying.

I'm sitting down and listening to Me & Armini by Emiliana Torrini for the first time ever just now, despite having had it for yonks. I'm enjoying.

It's good. Love In The Time Of Science is better, but you deal when songs like Gun are on M&A.

I love how Jungle Drum was a hit in other parts of Europe too. I think it was no.1 in Germany.

I don't like Gun that much. In comparison to the good bit of Heard It All Before. And I question why I've never heard Beggar's Prayer before, considering it's stunning.

------

I was just dancing about my room to Kate Bush's Love And Anger.

I bow down to you, Kate.

Went to see Dead Weather last night. Damn they are immense. Every instrument was turned up to the max, every beat was hurting my insides. Jack White was truely amazing. Hitting up the drums whilst singing then jumping onto the guitar. Was great. The girl from the kills was a great front lady too. Best superband yet? who knows but you owe it to yourselves to go listen to them!

12936_319045300103_626885103_9383960_3077111_n.jpg

Edited by Platty

Slowly listening to more and more Tori and I'm loving everything I come to. Favourites at the moment are Teenage Hustling, Past The Mission and then Strong Black Vine and A Sorta Fairytale both of which I'd heard before. Strong Black Vine demands to be the next bond theme, I swear.

--

Found myself falling back into Girls Aloud. Giving Tangled Up another re-listen and it's one of the best pop albums I've ever heard, or at least it just pushes every button I could ever need it to for myself. I can't name a bad track on there. Black Jacks (Love the lyrics), Damn, Call The Shots, Close To Love, Can't Speak French...amazing. Slowly growing to appreciate their newest effort, but apart from a few tracks - Miss You Bow Wow, Love Is Pain - it's nothing special.

I used to hate "Wake Me Up" too, but suddenly I'm finding myself absolutely loving the lyrics. And Biology? Always amazing.

Edited by Slaggis

Pitchfork gave Sainthood a 7.3.

*Shrugs shoulders*

----------------------

A stunning cover.

-----------

I love how I met a girl called Elle-Louise last night, and for the rest of the night I had Fight Like Ape's Tie Me Up With Jackets in my head. I couldn't work out why/how, until I remembered the line: "Holding hands with Elle-Louise, taking smoke breaks as we please."

Such a great band/song.