NEurope

I think Westlife fans know Westlife do (exclusively I believe) covers.

(I don't think that sentence made sense...basically Westlife only do covers).

The reason why I said that was because I know some people who think Westlife wrote that song. I've also seen comments on YouTube saying that they have written the song. You would have thought since they tortured Uptown Girl, the only thing they can mostly sing is covers.

They should try writing their own lyrics once in a while, lmao. (I said lyrics because I know that most boybands can't play an instrument and apparently, Westlife can't).

Don't get me wrong, they have done some decent versions of songs (I like Total Eclipse of the Heart and The Rose strangely enough) but they should mention the person who wrote the song. I know that will never happen but still...

EDIT: Just heard the studio version on Spotify, it's not terrible. It's mediocre. Give or take. Still prefer the original.

Edited by Animal

Found a website -- thesixtyone that is a good source for new music, arranged into 'descriptive' genres (mellow, upbeat, relax, trippy, sad, rocky... etc) and also has a kinda points-based system, or something. I'm sure you're all too busy with spotify and whatever, but I figured I'd at least mention this. my profile is jayseven on there if you want to check it out.

Oh - I should mention there's an 'RPG' sorta element, with 'quests' (like listen to 50 songs, 'heart' a song, try different music genres, etc), for teh achievement whore in you.

Yeah I've been using that for a while too, definitely recommended, found a load of good stuff from it. Seems to be mainly small bands though, which is kind of a good thing I guess.

Quite loving Sainthood now. Northshore is a lovelyly addictive slice of power punk pop.

Saw Delphic the other night. Could be awesome one day.

Seeing Camera Obscura later :)

The reason why I said that was because I know some people who think Westlife wrote that song. I've also seen comments on YouTube saying that they have written the song. You would have thought since they tortured Uptown Girl, the only thing they can mostly sing is covers.

They should try writing their own lyrics once in a while, lmao. (I said lyrics because I know that most boybands can't play an instrument and apparently, Westlife can't).

Don't get me wrong, they have done some decent versions of songs (I like Total Eclipse of the Heart and The Rose strangely enough) but they should mention the person who wrote the song. I know that will never happen but still...

EDIT: Just heard the studio version on Spotify, it's not terrible. It's mediocre. Give or take. Still prefer the original.

Hmm would be difficult to mention who wrote the song everytime they sing it. It would get mentioned on official releases in the 'thanks' section or what not.

Can you really blame Westlife for their fans lack of musical knowledge?

Hmm would be difficult to mention who wrote the song everytime they sing it. It would get mentioned on official releases in the 'thanks' section or what not.

Can you really blame Westlife for their fans lack of musical knowledge?

Sorry, I meant they should mention it in live performances, not on tracks. They should mention them on the thanks section. And I don't blame Westlife because it's not their fault the fans think they sing everything originally but they should put them right, lmao. I can't see that happening...lol.

Yeah I've been using that for a while too, definitely recommended, found a load of good stuff from it. Seems to be mainly small bands though, which is kind of a good thing I guess.

What's your profile on there? I wanna listen to your radiooo

(so far I really like Psychic Stunts that I've found on there)

Having listened to Backspacer (and heavily enjoying it) but not Ten I feel like I'm missing out on something. I'll put it on my to-do list.

Backspacer is alright, but Ten is in a different class (as are Vs and Vitalogy actually).

Just heard Cheryl Cole's album. She can't sing...FACT! It was terrible, the only song I liked was Fight For This Love. Also, I heard Westlife's SHITE version of the awesome Daughtry song 'What About Now' and that was worse. Yet again, Westlife is ripping off another guy's song and people think they've written the song. Ugh! Anyway, I never seen the music video to it before (by Daughtry, obviously, haha) and I like it.

I literally couldn't believe it when I heard the opening bars of their performance. My first thought was why the fuck are they covering that. I've been listening to Daughtry for years now and maybe hopefully if anything Westshite covering them might lead to more exposure for them over here.

Backspacer is alright, but Ten is in a different class (as are Vs and Vitalogy actually).

As much as I personally don't really like them, it's impossible not to agree with this post. Great albums, especially Ten.

I heard Florence & The Machine's cover of Beyonce's Halo in HMV today (whilst I was shopping for Sainthood - which they don't have yet - ANGRY!), and died inside. Why would you try to cover Beyonce? Especially when your voice is only good in certain contexts? Florence tries to imitate Beyonce vocally, and just fails.

Saw Biffy Clyro at Cardiff union on Sunday.

They were awesome. So energetic and interactive with the crowd. Everyone going mad. Mate went into little mosh pit forming and came out dripping, glad I didn't go!

Loving the new songs from their album and can't wait for it to be released. Dripping wet mate then sent me some live song that goes on for 33 minutes, Live at Maida Vale or something, sounds really good even though its live, and some comedic moments as well which always make me look weird as I chuckle to myself whilst walking to and from lectures.

While Prince's newer stuff seems to be more fun than substantial and innovative, sometimes some of the stuff he comes out with works SO well. In Chocolate Box (ft. Q-Tip) (from MPLSOUND), I'm stunned when it breaks down with no musical accompniament;

WHATDIFFERENCEDOESITMAKEYOUKNOWYOUCAN'TMAKECHOCOLATECAKEIFAIN'TNOBODYEVERSHOWEDYOUHOW

While Prince's newer stuff seems to be more fun than substantial and innovative, sometimes some of the stuff he comes out with works SO well. In Chocolate Box (ft. Q-Tip) (from MPLSOUND), I'm stunned when it breaks down with no musical accompniament;

WHATDIFFERENCEDOESITMAKEYOUKNOWYOUCAN'TMAKECHOCOLATECAKEIFAIN'TNOBODYEVERSHOWEDYOUHOW

man i love that song. expect a PM soon

Saw Biffy Clyro at Cardiff union on Sunday.

They were awesome. So energetic and interactive with the crowd. Everyone going mad. Mate went into little mosh pit forming and came out dripping, glad I didn't go!

I've seen Biffy twice now, both times as a support band. And whilst I'd say I've enjoyed their sets I never thought they were too great. It always seemed to me that they were more interested in making noise than playing their songs.

After some more recommendations fro Razz, I've been listening to some more Tori. I love Spark and The Waitress especially. Though, Cornflake Girl is my new addiction.

I want to kill this waitress

I can't believe this violence in mind

And is her power all in her club sandwich?

BUT I BELIEVE IN PEACE, BUT I BELIEVE IN PEACE BITCH.

A-mazing.

Edited by Slaggis

If there's one thing you should all know about me, it's that I have nothing but reverence for Carmen and Lebo.

EDIT:

I just shat myself. They have the Lion King 2 soundtrack on Spotify. The memories. The shit won't stop.

Ladysmith Black Mombazo...god. Such a stunning soundtrack.

My Lullaby, Upendi and We are One, such brilliant songs.

I want to kill this waitress

I can't believe this violence in mind

And is her power all in her club sandwich?

BUT I BELIEVE IN PEACE, BUT I BELIEVE IN PEACE BITCH.

Heard any of the live "plugged" versions? The additional section makes the song run usually past the 8 minute mark!

Hang ten, hang ten, honey

I, I wanna

Go where she goes

Hang ten, hang ten , honey

I'm a get me one of those...

I BELIEVE IN THAT GIRL!

I BELIEVE IN HER GOODNESS!

I BELIEVE IN HER DARKNESS!

BUT I BELIEVE THAT SHE'S THE DEVIL'S BITCH!

My Lullaby, Upendi and We are One, such brilliant songs.

Upendi is really bad though. An atrocious rehash of Under The Sea.

One of Us is the best. And He Lives in You.

But We Are One is technically lovely too.

Edited by Paj!
Automerged Doublepost

Upendi is really bad though. An atrocious rehash of Under The Sea.

One of Us is the best. And He Lives in You.

But We Are One is technically lovely too.

:o Upendi is so damn catchy. Oh yeah, forgot about One of Us! But He Lives in You is alright but I prefer One of Us.

Heard any of the live "plugged" versions? The additional section makes the song run usually past the 8 minute mark!

Hang ten, hang ten, honey

I, I wanna

Go where she goes

Hang ten, hang ten , honey

I'm a get me one of those...

I BELIEVE IN THAT GIRL!

I BELIEVE IN HER GOODNESS!

I BELIEVE IN HER DARKNESS!

BUT I BELIEVE THAT SHE'S THE DEVIL'S BITCH!

Razz mentioned it, so I gave it a listen. I also loved. I'm giving Under The Pink a proper listen tomorrow whilst I go into town. I heard the first song on it and liked it, so I'm hopeful I'll enjoy the rest. I'm completely head over heels for A Sorta Fairytale too.

Edited by Slaggis

I'm waiting to see what happens when you really get into the meat of her catalogue. UTp is a good one, as it has a good few catchy upbeat ones, but also some of her greatest works, lke Yes, Anastasia <3.

A Sorta Fairytale could be one of my fave Tori ones.

-----

Whitney Houston's new song is my favourite thing to hear at a club.

saw the dead weather last night who were pretty good but there was also a real cool support act called the the creature with the atom brain who were a kinda of kyuss like grungey/alternative/physcaldeic band.

Tegan And Sara – Arrow:

I'm such a fan of Arrow. The rest of the album is sounding good, but the majority didn't immediately catch me (Hell, Alligator and Night Watch did though), but no doubt I'll love after another listen.