NEurope

Spent most of yesterday listening to Carla Bruni (whose song 'Quelqu'un M'a Dit' is on the (500) Days of Summer soundtrack) because it was nice leisurely music to have on in the background and found out today she's Sarkozy's wife. Thought I'd share this with everyone :heh: But yes, nice lazy-day music if anyone is looking for that.

And in regards to The Con, I still prefer So Jealous. I'll admit TC is a better album but SJ was the first one I discovered. I suppose its like The Doctor theory.

Like. Carla Bruni is such a lovely singer... so glad I got the 500 Days soundtrack, so much great stuff on there.

I could never get into So Jealous, my least favorite of their albums. Quite enjoying Sainthood now... The Cure is great and Northshore is a great slice of Power Punk Pop

This or the wonderfully upbeat "Outta My Head" should have been the lead single to "Echo". I like Happy, but it's just not got the chorus it needs. The clip of her covering "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" honestly sounds like it'll be this albums "Run".

--

Not usually a fan, but this is utterly sweet.

Edited by Slaggis

Few songs I've loved the past few days.

Ambulance by Eisley from their new EP Fire Kite. Quite different from anything on Combinations but I found I had it on repeat as it just really sounds great.

Hmmm... can't seem to find a studio version on We7, Spotify or Youtube. Try check it out anyway!

Mowgli's Road by Marina And The Diamonds is absolutely brilliant too. I love the lyrics and just the general feeling the song leaves you with. Almost sinister sounding but fun at the same time. I need her album whenever it's out.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

na it's their first album I think.

Mhmm... Ten is the first album by Pearl Jam and it's indeed most excellent :) I'd put it up there/alongside Temple of the Dog personally because both are excellent in their own way.

Woah, that is indeed an amazing album then.

For ages I thought it was their best of for some reason...

I dunno why.

Amazing album!

Having listened to Backspacer (and heavily enjoying it) but not Ten I feel like I'm missing out on something. I'll put it on my to-do list.

I fucking adore Alanis Morissette and though I have since hearing Jagged Little Pill back in the day, I can't believe its taken me this long to properly give her other albums a chance... :o

Currently listening to Under Rug Swept and am thoroughly enjoying it. :D

I love!

I just found this: http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/reviews/Your-reviews-PJ-Harvey-and.5207760.jp

John Harwell, 17, Morningside, student: "I'm a massive fan of PJ Harvey and I love all the stuff she has done with John Parish. I especially like their latest album but I don't think I really 'got' it until seeing it live tonight. PJ puts so much into her performance that you can't help but be caught up by it."

That's my quote!

I was struggling to think how/why it was on the website, but then I remembered that the friend of Annabel, my friend who I bumped into at the concert, is a journalist, so she must have written down what I said to Annabel in conversation. Stunning.

I love!

I just found this: http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/reviews/Your-reviews-PJ-Harvey-and.5207760.jp

That's my quote!

I was struggling to think how/why it was on the website, but then I remembered that the friend of Annabel, my friend who I bumped into at the concert, is a journalist, so she must have written down what I said to Annabel in conversation. Stunning.

Stunned! I was there to witness it too.

Although didn't you say you didn't like the last album until you saw it live? I remember you being rude.

Had this song on my iPod non stop over the past few days, It's by Robbie Robertson who was in the awesome The Band. It's also the soundtrack to one of my favourite films, Ladder 49. Inspires me everytime I listen to it.

Shine Your Light

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Found a website -- thesixtyone that is a good source for new music, arranged into 'descriptive' genres (mellow, upbeat, relax, trippy, sad, rocky... etc) and also has a kinda points-based system, or something. I'm sure you're all too busy with spotify and whatever, but I figured I'd at least mention this. my profile is jayseven on there if you want to check it out.

Oh - I should mention there's an 'RPG' sorta element, with 'quests' (like listen to 50 songs, 'heart' a song, try different music genres, etc), for teh achievement whore in you.

Might try that later.

So yeah, I've basically been listening to Prince all week. Would have posted a few things on here, but he's only on Spotify, and I dislike posting links to Spotify, you can just find it yourself.

The Cross and Paisley Park are currently my favourites. :)

If there's one thing you should all know about me, it's that I have nothing but reverence for Carmen and Lebo.

EDIT:

I just shat myself. They have the Lion King 2 soundtrack on Spotify. The memories. The shit won't stop.

Ladysmith Black Mombazo...god. Such a stunning soundtrack.

Chair and I just had a unified ROFL at the memories of that song. The fact it's sung by Zebras and Ostriches.

It's amazing...a tragic aria.

Last.Fm have made Cheryl Cole's debut available for free download, which seems to be an obvious mistake. But still, I took advantage because I was damned if I was going to ever buy it. Listened to it in it's entirety and the only track I love is "Make Me Cry". There are some obvious singles, but it's all mostly utterly bland/beige/boring, apart from a couple of others at a push.

I did love the ITV news woman today after reporting that Fight For This Live had sold 300,000 copies in it's first week though. "I'm sorry to everyone watching that, I know you'll be humming it for hours".

--

Now onto Alphabeat's new album. If it's anything like first single The Spell (which is absolutely fucking fantastic) then I'll be so happy...

Edited by Slaggis

Just got Cheryl's album for free, thanks for the heads up Haggis. :)

If this is a mistake, heads will roll at Last.fm.

As suspected, Alphabeat's new album is pure 90s (Makes such a change from all the 80s stuff around at the moment) heaven. The second half of the album is surprisingly better than the first half. "Heatwave" is heaven. "Don't you know I'm trying to keep it as cool as ice, but I'm melting! OOH YES I'M MELTING. I'M HIT BABY! WO-OH-OA!".

"Chess", "Heart Failure", "Right Right Now" and "DJ" are also amazingly fun to listen too.

Naww, I love them so much.

Edited by Slaggis

Well...Cheryl Cole's album is pretty shit.

Suprisingly mediocre-bad, actually. It sounds like all the songs are Black Eyed Peas (not suprising, Will I Am is the producer I think?) rejects, but then rerecorded by Cheryl, who really does not have the voice to carry them off, and has no gravitas in her voice at all.

Just heard Cheryl Cole's album. She can't sing...FACT! It was terrible, the only song I liked was Fight For This Love. Also, I heard Westlife's SHITE version of the awesome Daughtry song 'What About Now' and that was worse. Yet again, Westlife is ripping off another guy's song and people think they've written the song. Ugh! Anyway, I never seen the music video to it before (by Daughtry, obviously, haha) and I like it.

I think Westlife fans know Westlife do (exclusively I believe) covers.

(I don't think that sentence made sense...basically Westlife only do covers).