NEurope

And can anyone know that classical piece of music (not The Thong Song) used on the newest Glee episode? Tried googling around but no mention.

At what point in the episode? I have no idea what piece of music you're referring to.

Augh, I'd love to see Exogenesis live...I regret not attempting to get tickets now :(

At what point in the episode? I have no idea what piece of music you're referring to.

sue and mr shu's dance

By classical I mean jazz obviously, it's a classic piece of music...

Edited by Ashley

Feels like I haven't been to a gig in an age. Tori Amos didn't really count since it was in a concert hall.

The Unthanks (who I love andmost of the world couldn't care less about) are playing here on Monday, at the suprisingly high price of £17.50. I've such an inclination. If I persuade my dad to go (he likes them too), he might pay for me. Luvli.

Hearing Womanizer at Embrace tonight made me realise just how much I adore it as a song. Amazing. Also, Shewolf? About time.

Hearing Womanizer at Embrace tonight made me realise just how much I adore it as a song. Amazing. Also, Shewolf? About time.

I think the highlight was continuously having to escape the snares of Stalker Boy, all whilst keeping in time.

Also Paj, the Professional Widow Remix came on. It was amazing.

Also Paj, the Professional Widow Remix came on. It was amazing.

Honey bring it close to my

Honey bring it close to my lips yes

:p

That was actually the first 'Tori Amos' song that I'd ever heard back in it's actual day of release - but unbeknown to me at the time - I'm glad to be a bit more 'enlightened' by her works nowadays though. :)

Edited by S.C.G

That was actually the first 'Tori Amos' song that I'd ever heard back in it's actual day of release - but unbeknown to me at the time - I'm glad to be a bit more 'enlightened' by her works nowadays though. :)

Same with me, but then it was a UK no.1 single, so I'm sure everyone will have heard it!

I love how Overload is the staple song of the Oxford gay scene. I've heard it every time I've gone out. Even last night, in a really grubby gay dance club called Coven II. It's too essential as a song.

She Wolf is stunning, let's not lie. Yes, I did hear Loba (the Spanish version) last night. Yes, I did love it. And hearing remixes of the majority of "... Sasha Fierce". And hearing a (not very good) version of Adele's Hometown Glory was great, considering it's one of my favourite songs.

------

I'm listening to No Angel by Dido. One of my favourite albums. I hate how everyone listens to it and immediately hates it because it's "too depressing", when it's not even that depressing...

Honestly, Ok and Slide are both essentials in my life.

I like a few Dido songs, but the thought of listening to a whole album (mainly just her most recent one) fills me with dread. I think I've listened to her first one in full at least once though.

I like a few Dido songs, but the thought of listening to a whole album (mainly just her most recent one) fills me with dread. I think I've listened to her first one in full at least once though.

Yeah, her newest album is nowhere near as good. The songs are alright on their own, but put together as an album, there's too much shit, and not enough lovely.

But No Angel is Lovely.

I've been tearing out my hair at where I knew If I Was Your Girlfriend by Prince from...just found out, some of the lines are used by Beyonce in Bonnie + Clyde 03 with Jay-Z.

I'm stunned.

Been listening to Ten by Pearl Jam today. Such a fantastic album. Arguably their best piece of work. Just filled with great songs throughout its length. Also got Vs which I'll stick on later but really, anyone who's a fan of rock music and it's many genres should have a copy of Ten in their collection.

And because I can, this has also been getting a listen after finding it once again after years or not hearing it thanks to Brutal Legend:

Remember hearing that when I was growing up and hadn't heard it since until last week. Absolutely fantastic song.

edit: and on the subject of Dido, I have her first album sitting downstairs somewhere. Really should get round to listening to it as I do like her music, regardless of whether people think it's depressing or not.

Just switched on 6 music seconds before Al Green came on with Take Me To The River

aww yea.

Been listening to Ten by Pearl Jam today. Such a fantastic album. Arguably their best piece of work.

Isn't it... their best of?

Mhmm... Ten is the first album by Pearl Jam and it's indeed most excellent :) I'd put it up there/alongside Temple of the Dog personally because both are excellent in their own way.

I'm listening to Rumours by Fleetwood Mac.

I do love it. It feels like the 1970s version of The Con - because every song has such a life, in their own respective way.

Spent most of yesterday listening to Carla Bruni (whose song 'Quelqu'un M'a Dit' is on the (500) Days of Summer soundtrack) because it was nice leisurely music to have on in the background and found out today she's Sarkozy's wife. Thought I'd share this with everyone :heh: But yes, nice lazy-day music if anyone is looking for that.

And in regards to The Con, I still prefer So Jealous. I'll admit TC is a better album but SJ was the first one I discovered. I suppose its like The Doctor theory.

But then, apart from So Jealous and Fix You Up/I Can't Take It, I dislike the sound of SJ/IIWY.

Hopefully Sainthood holds up to The Con. Only 3 more days till its out in shops.

--------------

My favourites, but one of my least favourite songs of theirs.

And what the hell does "My favourites, but one of my least favourite songs of theirs." mean?

The Kills are my favourites, but I don't like Black Balloon.

:kiss:

I'm listening to Rumours by Fleetwood Mac.

I do love it. It feels like the 1970s version of The Con - because every song has such a life, in their own respective way.

way better than the con. Classic album, that.

I disagree. I think it's a nice sound they have on So Jealous, but behind the veneer, it's a bit empty. It's very satsifying though, as the sound is so clean.