NEurope

New Music Monday.

simian-mobile-disco-temporary-pleasur-479262.jpg

Win. I love Audacity of Huge, Cream Dream and Turn up the Dial amongst others.

sainthoodcover.jpg

....eh. I think it will need a home listen too (rather than through headphones) but hmm.

Behemoth are actually fucking fantastic, and that sounds absolutely nothing at all like them. I call fake.

http://www.behemoth.pl/site/index.php/eng#conjuration

Track list :

I. Conjuration ov Sleep Daemons

II. Wish (Nine Inch Nails Cover)

III. Welcome to Hell (Venom Cover)

IV. Christians to the Lions (Live)

V. Decade of Therion (Live)

VI. Antichristian Phenomenon (Live)

VII. Chant for Eschaton 2000 (Live)

What's that song called where the lyrics are: "I'm sooooo glad I fouuuuund you. I'm so glaaaad XXXXX" "People laugh when XXX" That's all I can remember of it. Got a real technoy type... fast, beat, track. HEAAALP!

I found it! An End Has a Start by The Editors.

*boogies*

No, wait, that's not it!

AGGGGH I'M GOING TO KILL SOMEONE.

Munich :heh: that'd be the track you're after Wesley and an awesome song it is too. :)

I always thought that one on the dull side, personally.

oh, and everyone needs to listen to Wild Beasts still, like I told you. Especially you, chair old bean.

I always thought that one on the dull side, personally.

oh, and everyone needs to listen to Wild Beasts still, like I told you. Especially you, chair old bean.

I've seen them live, you silly one! They were good/OK - slightly "..." though, because the singer looks like a retard when he sings.

oh, and everyone needs to listen to Wild Beasts still...

Cross me off that 'list' as I've just listened to their latest album, I liked it, well some of it but it didn't 'wow' me like I was expecting it to, still worth a listen.

------------------------------------------------

Under Rug Swept, Flavours of Entanglement and Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie arrived today :D gonna start listening to the latter now.

I'm so utterly obsessed with this song at the moment:

It's just so good. A highlight of her career, which says so much, considering she's had so much of a life, music-wise.

Towards the end, where she screams "BECAUSE I AM A ROCKET!". I'm like "Ah, YEEEEEESSSSSS!".

I'm so utterly obsessed with this song at the moment:

It's just so good. A highlight of her career, which says so much, considering she's had so much of a life, music-wise.

Towards the end, where she screams "BECAUSE I AM A ROCKET!". I'm like "Ah, YEEEEEESSSSSS!".

A brilliant track, not my favourite Kate Bush song - though one of them just not 'the ultimate' - but it's still very accomplished for what it is, one of my favourites is still Symphony in Blue...

------------------------------------

Just finished listening to Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie by Alanis Morissette and I really enjoyed it a lot, almost a world apart from Jagged Little Pill but technically brilliant. :)

A brilliant track, not my favourite Kate Bush song - though one of them just not 'the ultimate' - but it's still very accomplished for what it is, one of my favourites is still Symphony in Blue...

To be fair, I would put it on a Kate Bush: Collected CD.

Which I shall presently list:

Moving

Wuthering Heights

Don't Push Your Foot On The Heartbrake

Hammer Horror

Sat In Your Lap

Pull Out The Pin

Suspended In Gaffa

Babooshka

The Wedding List

The Infant Kiss

Army Dreamers

Breathing

A Deal With God

Hounds Of Love

Cloudbusting

Under The Ivy

Love And Anger

Rocket's Tail

This Woman's Work

And So Is Love

King Of The Mountain

A Coral Room

Perhaps too many songs, but it's so hard to be more concise. I'm already questioning where Top Of The City is.

I'm not really a fan of Lionheart as an album in general. I used to be a massive fan, now when I listen I'm just like "..."

Just finished listening to Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie by Alanis Morissette and I really enjoyed it a lot, almost a world apart from Jagged Little Pill but technically brilliant. :)

It's really disjointed as an album though. As in half the songs, I hate.

I love the wealth of sounds Front Row presents me though.

My edited SFIJ:

Front Row

Thank U

Are You Still Mad

That I Would Be Good

The Couch

Can't Not

I Was Hoping

Would Not Come

Unsent

So Pure

Joining You

Heart Of The House

12 songs would be so much more manageable than 17.

To be fair, I would put it on a Kate Bush: Collected CD.

list -snip-

Perhaps too many songs, but it's so hard to be more concise. I'm already questioning where Top Of The City is.

I'm not really a fan of Lionheart as an album in general. I used to be a massive fan, now when I listen I'm just like "..."

As would I but Symphony In Blue would also be in that list for me, even if you don't like Lionheart that much, surely if you had to pick one or two songs from that album then it would be one of them? For me it'd be that and Hammer Horror which you've already listed. :)

It's really disjointed as an album though. As in half the songs, I hate.

I love the wealth of sounds Front Row presents me though.

My edited SFIJ:

Front Row

Thank U

Are You Still Mad

That I Would Be Good

The Couch

Can't Not

I Was Hoping

Would Not Come

Unsent

So Pure

Joining You

Heart Of The House

12 songs would be so much more manageable than 17.

This is true, still as an album it has a brilliant range of tracks even if a handful of them seem kind of average, there are still a great deal of brilliant tracks on it but yes I'd be inclined to agree with your more concise list.

This is what I've been listening to lately:

Ozzy and Lita work really well together. And I especially love it when the guitar kicks in properly, courtesy of Lita. It's also laughable that both have the same hair style :p

Nice choice of song GP, as much as I prefer Ozzy's more well-known 'heavier' hits, that's a nicely done duet. :)

After a few years of being completely indifferent (save the track Purple Rain, which everyone likes) to Prince, I suddenly fell in love with his stuff. Been listening to Purple Rain and Controversy over and over..need moar, but have no money. Also not sure wha to get next. There's too many albums screaming at me at once.

Also, Chair, you criminally left off Baba and Your Congratulations. Two essentials.

Whats with the lack of any Sainthood posts from Paj or Chair, taht's what I wanna know.

Anyhoo, seeing Delphic on Friday, the more I listen the more stunning they become. Shame they only really have 2 singles thus far

Whats with the lack of any Sainthood posts from Paj or Chair, taht's what I wanna know.

We're not allowed to illegally download at uni (it's like the uni's number 1 policy or something) and they can fine you up to £100 if they catch you peer-to-peering (they can see how much bandwidth you use). I have no idea if they can see what I download from the internet, but it's not really worth it. I'll just wait till the holidays to do all my downloading.

Anyway, I'm going to buy Sainthood when it's out. I'm saving all my loving for you.

I commented on the album. Granted it was "meh" but still, I commented :heh:

And probably a bit more relevant in funny shit but anyone catch Satsuma La Roux?

I lolled :p

Edited by Ashley

We're not allowed to illegally download at uni (it's like the uni's number 1 policy or something) and they can fine you up to £100 if they catch you peer-to-peering (they can see how much bandwidth you use). I have no idea if they can see what I download from the internet, but it's not really worth it. I'll just wait till the holidays to do all my downloading.

Anyway, I'm going to buy Sainthood when it's out. I'm saving all my loving for you.

Technically you're not allowed to illegally download anywhere, and P2P isn't actually illegal. It's just often used for illegal activities and eats up bandwidth and isn't allowed.

Technically you're not allowed to illegally download anywhere

Yeah, I know. But my parents aren't exactly going to fine me for downloading stuff at my house.

and P2P isn't actually illegal. It's just often used for illegal activities and eats up bandwidth and isn't allowed.

Well yeah, the only reason I'd use P2P is to infringe copyright.

Leighton Meester - Somebody To Love Feat. Robin Thicke

I don't know what to think, nothing like what I expected. But I adore the tone to her voice, always have. Still, I prefer Birthday (especially) and Body Control.

Edit: 10 minutes on loop later? Amaazing.

Edited by Slaggis

And probably a bit more relevant in funny shit but anyone catch Satsuma La Roux?

Yes! I saw that the other day when it was on, the whole show was pretty good but that moment was particularly lol-worthy. :D