NEurope

Same. It's too rocky, and not as charming as any of the songs on The Con (probably because it has a structure as a song, where most of The Con is random bits you assume are verses, but can't be sure).

I'd dislike it more if they just did another akbum in the exact same style as The Con.

I really like the melody of the "I know you feel it TOO" bits. I agree it's more "obvious" than their last singles, but we haven't heard the album yet.

So Air released a new album in the past few days, this is their single that has been around for a little while now apparently

I'm not that keen on it, just sounds a bit twee for my liking. My favourite moments from Air are from 10,000 Hz Legend though, which no one else seems to like that much =P What does everyone else think of it?

Its nice. Harmless in its own way. Very much elevator music, or even the kind of song they play when an airplane has landed and the crew are faffing around. Not their best obviously.

Robbie Williams is back! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :o

His new song is just utter shite (to be honest, ALL of his songs are utter shite). There's only one song I like for the wrong reason and that's Rudebox, the funniest thing I've heard, what the heck was he thinking? HE CAN'T RAP!

Been listening to that for the past hour or so on repeat. I love it.

This has been on repeat all day. It's hauntingly beautiful. I looked for more work done by Ludovico Einaudi and all of it is literally amazing but this is my favourite.

I love Bedshaped but had never seen the video to it, ty for that Rez. :D

------------------------------------------------------

Today I finished listening to Abnormally Attracted To Sin by Tori Amos which concludes my listening of her entire discography and overall I enjoyed it alot, some really amazing tracks from her as well as some fantastic albums. :)

I also had time for one more track on the way home so I put on Forever More by Moloko as I walked from the bus stop to home for the last time - in the evenings at least - and it's still just as brilliant as it has always been for me ^^ I should give the whole album another listen sometime though.

Edited by S.C.G

I really think Abnormally...Sin is her worst album by far. It has some good bits, like Give, and Lady In Blue, but then it has the cringey Strong Black Vine (which is great live, but sounds like someone impersonating a metal band in a disney film or something on CD, and has some questionable lyrics). At least American Doll Posse (which most people consider worse) doesn't take itself as seriously as Sin, and overall just has much better songs.

I suppose we have Midwinter Graces to look foward to next month. Contender for worst album art ever award.

tori_midwinter_carols-300x148.jpg

(There's better quality out there, but it truly is atrocious. Photoshopped by a child, and just shit)

I'm just bitter.

---

Anyone else heard Aqua's new song? :D

I'm not sure if there are any fans of Minus the Bear here, but they are my favourite band and if I can do a little to spread the good word then so be it.

And so I present to you their new single due for release later in the month.

Into the Mirror

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I loved it the first time I heard it and I love more every time I hear it - and I've listened to I a lot today. The female vocals at the end just add a little something extra to an already awesome piece of music - and mark my favourite part of the song.

Love this song so much. Thanks! :D

Anyone else heard Aqua's new song? :D

I have!!! I love it, I think it's awesome! :D

Anyone know any songs similar to Death Cab for Cutie's 'I Will Follow You Into the Dark'?

I can't get it out of my head since seeing Scrubs.

^ Funnily enough, it was Scrubs that put that song back in my head as well. Have had it for ages and haven't listened to it since last year and then heard it on that episode of Scrubs. Fantastic use of a great song.

*Warning - Post consisting of GaGa and Britney*

I'm hyped for GaGa's "The Fame: Monster". I'm glad she's not doing a Rihanna and adding only a couple of new songs. With 8 tracks, it's basically turned into a double album. I need to hear the HQ version of Bad Romance. Now.

She says: "While travelling the world for 2 years, I've encountered several monsters, each represented by a different song on the new record: my 'Fear of Sex Monster,' my 'Fear of Alcohol Monster,' my 'Fear of Love Monster,' my 'Fear of Death Monster,' my 'Fear of Loneliness Monster', etc. I spent a lot of nights in Eastern Europe and this album is a pop experimentation with industrial/Goth beats, '90s dance melodies, an obsession with the lyrical genius of '80s melancholic pop and the runway."

There'll be two album covers, these being:

550x550_lady_gaga_the_fame_monster_2.jpg

550x550_lady_gaga_the_fame_monster_1.jpg

--

Britney's "3" is far more addictive than I first thought. After a few listens it becomes a little annoying, but then it slowly manages to sound less so...which doesn't really make sense. But still, should be her highest debut on the Billboard charts next week.

I like the first cover (saw it the other day), kinda has that 70's/80's record cover feel. But I doubt that the cover and what she says will be how the music actually sounds. I'ma bet it'll be just catchy pop stuff again. But we'll see.

I'm just bitter.

Yes... yes you are... luvurly but you're right, Absinthe is her worst album, I enjoyed ADP a lot more, also I've pre-ordered Midwinter Graces despite the shitness of its album art.

I like the first cover (saw it the other day), kinda has that 70's/80's record cover feel. But I doubt that the cover and what she says will be how the music actually sounds. I'ma bet it'll be just catchy pop stuff again. But we'll see.

Mhmm, never really did 'go-go' for GaGa... most of her songs just fall short for me failing to keep me interested for the duration, there's nothing particularly 'wrong' with it I guess but nothing particularly 'amazing' either.

so, like, for Richard Hawley fans: Truelove's Gutter may be his best album yet. No faint praise- especially from me.

I'm also starting to think his Northern Fantasy riffing might, in fact, be an elaborate viral marketing campaign backed by the Hovis corporation. No bad thing :heh:

Randomly selected an album on my player today Eyes Open by Snow Patrol... I listened to about half of it, enough to hear the wonderful Set the Fire to the Third Bar with Martha Wainwright :) speaking of which I may get into some more of her stuff because I heard and loved her self-titled album not long ago.

Also listened to the first half of Dry by PJ Harvey which I can't seem to get enough of ^^ and now I've just finished up listening to In Rainbows by Radiohead once again, it definitely gets better with each listen, quality stuff. :D

I Know You're Married, But I've Got Feelings Too by Martha Wainwright is pretty awesome...don't have/never heard the self-titled one.

Wild Beasts, this forumite suspects, may engage the psychic pleasure nodes of several regular readers of this thread. Namely, those with a disposition towards weird vocals, folk based guitar and a well constructed bit of thinkers pop. Enjoyable stuff, verily.

Wild Beasts, this forumite suspects, may engage the psychic pleasure nodes of several regular readers of this thread. Namely, those with a disposition towards weird vocals, folk based guitar and a well constructed bit of thinkers pop. Enjoyable stuff, verily.

I gave them a cursory listen a while back after reading a Pitchfork review, and liked what I heard, but you've reminded me that I intended to listen properly, as I liked.

Anyone know any songs similar to Death Cab for Cutie's 'I Will Follow You Into the Dark'?

I can't get it out of my head since seeing Scrubs.

I'd also like to know of similar songs... mainly because I Will Follow is a fantastic one to play on guitar. Have a listen to First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes, similar but more upbeat. You've prob heard it before though.

YAY Big Pink on Sunday < 3 And I got a free ticket for Danananakroid... gotta love being on the Student Paper

EDIT: Quite liking the sound of Wild Beasts... thanks other Dan

Edited by dan-likes-trees

I saw them live when they were supporting Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks. I enjoyed.

---

Loving TV On The Radio atm.

Set the Fire to the Third Bar

My favourite song.

After a Paj mentioned her a while back, I checked out a couple of Hilary Duff tracks randomly. I fell in love with "With Love" and "Reach Out" all over again. Though, I misheard th lyric "You can even be blunt" as "You can even draw blood". I prefer the misheard lyric.

Reach Out (samples Personal Jesus)

I adore the "It's like the prey playing games with the hunter" and "And all I need is to feel you....ALL I WANT IS TO FEEL YOU!" lines.

I just love slutty pop.

With Love

Although...Reach Out is far from a Duff classic, if we all stop lying to each other. The sample is tired, and the song flimsy. With Love is up there with Stranger, Come Clean (2005 Mix), Our Lips Our Sealed, So Yesterday, Wake Up etc.

So underrated. / My guilty pleasure. :D

Edited by Paj!