NEurope

Because almost every song on Thriller was released as a single. And I've listened to them all (a while ago).

I'm just more in the mood for the tension of his later stuff. When I can reach Spotify, I'll listen to Thriller (is it on there?).

Atm, I'm listening to Antony & The Johnson's cover of Crazy In Love.

ah now jacksons older stuff is way better but to be honest bad is his best album :D

Such a sweet song and video. I'm slowly starting to love it as much as Love Story. First time I saw the ending, I literally went "Awww".

I didn't realise she was as huge as she is in the U.S, until I looked her up on Wiki. Two albums, both selling 4 million copies over there. Pretty impressive, for a 19 year old.

--

Hopefully getting Frankmusik's album tomorrow, cannot wait! It's been getting a few great reviews so far, so hopefully it's amazing. Apparently his albums going to go top 5 this week, which is quite a suprise considering neither of his singles have hit the top 20 (Which is insane). I also love that fact that after reading a (frankly silly) bad review he wrote on facebook

"Thomas H Green of the Telegraph. I would personally like to inform you that I hope you get hit by a car x".

Amazing. But, just to remind people of his stuff, here's his latest single. Lovely cameo from Holly Valance in the video. I wish she'd come out with another album, especially after her last was so damn good.

Edited by Slaggis

Brand New's new album is called "Daisy"

Theres a 30 second preview of the new single here

Ellmeister fail.

Well, I got in last night and saw it. I don't care about you..that post was simply for me to remember :p

@ Daft - I haven't listened to much of Azure Ray but what I've heard is really good. Found Maria Taylor's stuff first, which is equally good, and then found Azure Ray. Very pleasant, easy going music. Perfect for this time of year.

I like that this video continues on from the images in the album booklet. (With her playing the good and evil one)

Hopefully getting Frankmusik's album tomorrow, cannot wait! It's been getting a few great reviews so far, so hopefully it's amazing. Apparently his albums going to go top 5 this week, which is quite a suprise considering neither of his singles have hit the top 20 (Which is insane). I also love that fact that after reading a (frankly silly) bad review he wrote on facebook

Amazing. But, just to remind people of his stuff, here's his latest single. Lovely cameo from Holly Valance in the video. I wish she'd come out with another album, especially after her last was so damn good.

Did you get it?

I had a look in a few places today but they didn't have it. :(

I'll have a look in town tommorow though and they should have it somewhere there!

THERE'S A SHE-WOLF IN THE CLOSET

shak4.jpg

Una loba en el armario,

Tiene ganas de salir,

Deja que se coma el barrio,

Antes de irte a dormir!

*Laboured breathing*

THERE'S A SHE-WOLF IN THE CLOSET

shak4.jpg

Has to be one of the best songs of the year. Both the spanish and english versions are amaaaaaazing! I'm in love with the "Feeling abused like a coffee machine in an office" line.

--

Did you get it?

I had a look in a few places today but they didn't have it. :(

I'll have a look in town tommorow though and they should have it somewhere there!

I did :). Haven't managed to give it a listen yet, though I'll report back when I get round to it. Can't wait! :D

--

New version of her Piano Version of Pokerface. She's made it sound even more bluesy ad mellow. Fucking amazing performance, actually stunning.

Edited by Slaggis
Automerged Doublepost

New version of her Piano Version of Pokerface. She's made it sound even more bluesy ad mellow. Fucking amazing performance, actually stunning.

The only thing going for the song Poker Face is the speed, the speed of the song is what guarantees a swift end. You remove that, stick a piano in front of her and a ridiculous elephant thing on her head and you are left thinking, you can't polish a turd.

The artist who produced those animal hairpieces died last year. She did a lot of things for Bjork in the past/on tour. Obviously more prolific than I thought.

--

And yeah, I love the lyrics in She-Wolf. It hard to get stuff that sounds pretty ridiculous to sound smooth and "right" in a song, but she slides it all in perfectly. Plus lots of lovely images and words like "lycanthropy". I love the random sex moan she makes after the coffee machine bit too, and the really bored wolf cry.

EDIT: And definitely the line "Eternal creatures are not so prudent/ The mood's my teacher, and Im her student"

Edited by Paj!

And yeah, I love the lyrics in She-Wolf. It hard to get stuff that sounds pretty ridiculous to sound smooth and "right" in a song, but she slides it all in perfectly. Plus lots of lovely images and words like "lycanthropy". I love the random sex moan she makes after the coffee machine bit too, and the really bored wolf cry.

EDIT: And definitely the line "Eternal creatures are not so prudent/ The mood's my teacher, and Im her student"

I swear she says "Nocturnal creatures are not so prudent, the moons my teacher, and I'm her student". Which kind of makes sense within the context of the song. But yes, I love the moans she does throughout the song, and the wolf howls never fail to make me laugh.

Loba is so freaking sexy, I'm finding it hard trying to decide which version I prefer.

@ Daft - I haven't listened to much of Azure Ray but what I've heard is really good. Found Maria Taylor's stuff first, which is equally good, and then found Azure Ray. Very pleasant, easy going music. Perfect for this time of year.

I've just been listening to what they've got on Spotify. Agreed, perfect for this time of year.

Also, Mazzy Star - Into Dust, has been on my playlist.

Love it.

Into Dust is a fantastic song. The Mazzy Star version is great but if you get a chance, check out the Ashtar Command one. It's quite long (like 9 minutes) but it's very tranquil and really, really good.

It's a nice take on the song but the original reminds me of midnight in summer. :smile:

Have you got any recommendations for Maria Taylor?

I swear she says "Nocturnal creatures are not so prudent, the moons my teacher, and I'm her student". Which kind of makes sense within the context of the song. But yes, I love the moans she does throughout the song, and the wolf howls never fail to make me laugh.

Loba is so freaking sexy, I'm finding it hard trying to decide which version I prefer.

Oh. You might be right/probably are. I actually prefer my hearing though. since if you're eternal, you don't give a shit about anything (i.e not prudent), and go and fuck people without prejudice. This also ties into mood.

I could use my version in the song I'm obviously about to write.

Audacity of Huge is made of win. All the new material I've heard from SMD is just fucking quality stuff- I'm so psyched for their new album and, more so, their Sheffield gig in September.

KERRANG! The 50 Best Albums of the 21st Century!

50: Crisis - Alexisonfire

49: Permission to Land - The Darkness

48: Blessed Black Wings - High on Fire

47: Relationship of Command - At the Drive-In

46: The Green Album - Weezer

45: Volcano - Satyricon

44: Orchestra of Wolves - Gallows

43: Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death) - Marilyn Manson

42: From Here to Infirmary - Alkaline Trio

41: Take to the Skies - Enter Shikari

40: Worship and Tribute - Glassjaw

39: Ghost Reveries - Opeth