NEurope

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UQVGmQZYGU

Probably my favourite Muse song.

Seriously though, you people actually like Uprising? It's one of the most boring songs I've heard all year! It actually manages to surpass my hatred for Starlight. USoE was at least listenable but that's just unbelievably bland. Like someone else mentioned the lyrics are a bit of a shit attempt at profound comment on social issues. I really can't get over quite how far they have fallen from grace.

Having decided to venture a bit into unexplored (by me) threads, I thought I'd visit this as well.

At the moment my absolute favourite band is Abney Park, a band known for its steampunk visuals and sound. Being a huge steampunk lover myself, I fell very much in love with the band at once, even liking the music they made prior to their journey into steampunk. While the sound has definitely changed, you can still clearly hear their style throughout their albums.

Abney Park are a great band! I first heard of them when I went to Whitby Gothic Weekend back in April. They played live, and they were bloody awesome! Managed to get a few of thier albums, and got them signed too. Deffinitely a fantastic band, love thier sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UQVGmQZYGU

Probably my favourite Muse song.

Seriously though, you people actually like Uprising? It's one of the most boring songs I've heard all year! It actually manages to surpass my hatred for Starlight. USoE was at least listenable but that's just unbelievably bland. Like someone else mentioned the lyrics are a bit of a shit attempt at profound comment on social issues. I really can't get over quite how far they have fallen from grace.

Okay, so USoE has about 30 seconds of riffs/harmonies that are similar to Queen, and everyone's comparing the two. Sorry, but I find that a piss-poor argument. If the entire song was like Queen, but then I'd understand.

Oh, wait, I actually heard a band that was using bass, guitar and drums as instruments, that's such a rip-off of other music! :p

If you don't like the new Muse songs, that's fair enough, but others are allowed thier own taste in music. Also, how can you really say Muse have lost it? We've only heard 2 tracks from the new album so far, so there's still 9 tracks that haven't even been released yet. There's a lot of room for reserved judgement.

How often does a band release an album with 2 tracks being one style and 9 being something completely else? And furthermore, how often do bands release their worse two songs first? :heh: But of course my horse you can't judge til its released, but I think its fair to be cautious at this stage.

But in terms of awesome background music:

Bonobo - Reccuring

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

How often does a band release an album with 2 tracks being one style and 9 being something completely else? And furthermore, how often do bands release their worse two songs first? :heh: But of course my horse you can't judge til its released, but I think its fair to be cautious at this stage.

I don't see how the tracks are the same style though; one's a crazy campy symphonic piece, the other is a glam electro rock song (don't know how else to describe them. :heh:) Either way, I'm sure there'll be similar themes in all the tracks, but they won't be too samey. Look at Black Holes & Revelations for example; Supermassive Black Hole, Hoodoo and Knights of Cydonia are different sounding songs, whilst still holding a similar theme.

I don't see how the tracks are the same style though; one's a crazy campy symphonic piece, the other is a glam electro rock song (don't know how else to describe them. :heh:) Either way, I'm sure there'll be similar themes in all the tracks, but they won't be too samey. Look at Black Holes & Revelations for example; Supermassive Black Hole, Hoodoo and Knights of Cydonia are different sounding songs, whilst still holding a similar theme.

Is bland a style? ;):heh:

Abney Park are a great band! I first heard of them when I went to Whitby Gothic Weekend back in April. They played live, and they were bloody awesome! Managed to get a few of thier albums, and got them signed too. Deffinitely a fantastic band, love thier sound.

Okay, so USoE has about 30 seconds of riffs/harmonies that are similar to Queen, and everyone's comparing the two. Sorry, but I find that a piss-poor argument. If the entire song was like Queen, but then I'd understand.

Oh, wait, I actually heard a band that was using bass, guitar and drums as instruments, that's such a rip-off of other music! :p

If you don't like the new Muse songs, that's fair enough, but others are allowed thier own taste in music. Also, how can you really say Muse have lost it? We've only heard 2 tracks from the new album so far, so there's still 9 tracks that haven't even been released yet. There's a lot of room for reserved judgement.

Oh calm down I was only joking :heh:

I can say they have lost it because they haven't had it for the best part of 5 years now, BH&R showed that they lost it. Although are still some songs I love on there.

I imagine that Muse would try to release stuff that they feel represented their new style and the other music on the album the best. I really would not think they are going to vary too much from this sort of sound and I think it's hideously boring based on what I have heard.

Is bland a style? ;):heh:

Oh, right, I thought you meant same style as in same music genre. :heh: Anyway, the fact that you see it as bland is more of an opinion than musical style, lol. :p

Oh, and here's the cover artwork for 'The Resistance':

theresistance.jpg

It's pretty Psychedelic!!

Oh calm down I was only joking :heh:

I can say they have lost it because they haven't had it for the best part of 5 years now, BH&R showed that they lost it. Although are still some songs I love on there.

I imagine that Muse would try to release stuff that they feel represented their new style and the other music on the album the best. I really would not think they are going to vary too much from this sort of sound and I think it's hideously boring based on what I have heard.

Ah, it was a joke? Fe then. ^^;

I can see your point, although I'm still sure that there'll be many differences to BH&R, but we'll just have to wait and see...

Ah, it was a joke? Fe then. ^^;

I can see your point, although I'm still sure that there'll be many differences to BH&R, but we'll just have to wait and see...

We will. Since it's Muse, the whole album could be something else entirely but I don't hold out much hope. At least the artwork is nice :heh:

I know Coolness has mentioned it before, but I've literally just gotten properly into it. I love Miley's "Party In The USA" song, from her walmart exclusive EP being released in a few weeks.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I love the lyrics, however silly some of them might be. It comes across as oddly genuine beause it sounds exactly like a song a 16 year old might actually write, rather than something that's obviously been tweeked by a professional songwriter. Plus, the manic laugh at the end makes me giggle.

....AND THE BRITNEY SOOOONG WAS OOOOOON!

Edited by Slaggis

I know Coolness has mentioned it before, but I've literally just gotten properly into it. I love Miley's "Party In The USA" song, from her walmart exclusive EP being released in a few weeks.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I love the lyrics, however silly some of them might be. It comes across as oddly genuine beause it sounds exactly like a song a 16 year old might actually write, rather than something that's obviously been tweeked by a professional songwriter. Plus, the manic laugh at the end makes me giggle.

....AND THE BRITNEY SOOOONG WAS OOOOOON!

Nodding my head like yeah! :p

So anyway I've been listening to that song non-stop since I heard it apart from when I play She-Wolf. Those two songs entertain me on the way to and back from work! :grin:

Just given Uprising a proper listen, I liked it more than USOE and it is a decent first single but I still expect more from the album... when it's released though I almost fully expect it to be only slightly better than BHAR in the respect of it having many 'enjoyable' tracks and maybe one or two genuinely 'amazing' ones.

Ideally it would be all amazing apart from the two tracks they have shown so far but that won't happen as much as I'd like it to... the absolute best-case scenario that can be realistically hoped for is that it's half amazing and half listenable; as much as I want to have more faith in Muse I can't because based on BHAR this will have one truly outstanding track in the form of Exogenesis and the rest will be decent but nowhere near OOS quality.

I'm not attacking Muse here but to illustrate the point, BHAR was my first Muse album and I loved it at the time because their style was mostly new and fresh to me but after backtracking and several listens of all albums a lot of BHAR loses it's charm after a while whereas OOS remains solid to this day.

So basically I'm looking forward to buying the album, enjoying what I can of it and then a few months down the line when I'm 'tired' of it, longing for their next album to be more like OOS which won't happen :heh: seriously though I'm still really looking forward to the album but I'm just taking a more realistic view of what it will probably be like. :)

Oh and as a sidenote, I love the album cover, much better than BHAR' which although random / odd just lacked something... but The Resistance' cover is very nice indeed and reminds me more of the art style used on OOS' cover.

Is Madonna's new song available to hear somewhere? I'm curious, I heard a snippet of the beat and loved, but I remember hating the look of the lyrics/they were shit.

Why am I so obsessed with History b y Michael Jackson. I feel cheap and tacky having only got into him in the wake of his death. I love NOT owning/listening to Thriller though. I prefer his late stuff.

Seriously though. Scream, They Don't Care About Us, Tabloid Junkie, Earht Song and 2Bad make me reek with love. The production is too lovely.

I think every post I've recently made here is saying the same thing actually.

I love NOT owning/listening to Thriller though. I prefer his late stuff.

YOU COMPLETE FOOL! Get it. It's a brilliant album. My God! You can't listen to Michael Jackson and NOT listen to Thriller! :nono:

I will at some point. But I just love the sound of Dangerous and HIStory much more than Bad/what I know of Thriller. Not saying it's worse or anything.

I love the random selections of smashing noises used throughout the albums.

Why am I so obsessed with History b y Michael Jackson. I feel cheap and tacky having only got into him in the wake of his death. I love NOT owning/listening to Thriller though. I prefer his late stuff.

How can you prefer his later stuff if you haven't listened to Thriller? :)

I think every post I've recently made here is saying the same thing actually.

And yet when someone else says that you complain :heh:

(p.s. welcome back :))

How can you prefer his later stuff if you haven't listened to Thriller? :)

Because almost every song on Thriller was released as a single. And I've listened to them all (a while ago).

I'm just more in the mood for the tension of his later stuff. When I can reach Spotify, I'll listen to Thriller (is it on there?).

Atm, I'm listening to Antony & The Johnson's cover of Crazy In Love.

And yet when someone else says that you complain

Fuckface had an epifit when I mentioned Bjork for what must have been the first time seriously in a year or something. I'll get over Michael Jackson soon.

Is that new Burial song (with the other person), Moth available as a digital download anywhere?

Hey I followed that by a sticky out tongue face. Don't make me sound so mean with your out of context quotes! :heh:

In more fun. (ie nobody else will care) news; I love how "Be Calm" comes to a huge ironic buildup. Oh and of course:

“For everything you’ve lost,

and all you’ve overcome,

I wanna be the one to put it in a song.”

:heart:

Hey I followed that by a sticky out tongue face. Don't make me sound so mean with your out of context quotes! :heh:

Don't worry, I only dislike fuckface. You're still the one (I love).

Been listening to Azure Ray recently. I love their self titled album.

Because almost every song on Thriller was released as a single. And I've listened to them all (a while ago).

I'm just more in the mood for the tension of his later stuff. When I can reach Spotify, I'll listen to Thriller (is it on there?).

Okay, fair enough! :) I was just wondering. It is on Spotify! :D

I'm the same as you in terms of listening to Michael Jackson more since he has died. My interest in his music has certainly gone up a notch!

Bat For Lashes - Sleep Alone Music Video

Edited by Coolness Bears