NEurope

Is anyone else reminded of Green Day's American Idiot (song, not album)? Such a meh attempt at trying to address contemporary social issues. Frankly I've heard local bands write better.

In other news look what I've just got :D:D:D:D:D:D

Funaimandignite.jpg

Been waiting 18 months for it. FUCK YEAH.

Is anyone else reminded of Green Day's American Idiot (song, not album)? Such a meh attempt at trying to address contemporary social issues. Frankly I've heard local bands write better.

I think the lyrics aren't that bad. I just love the song for the atmosphere/sound, it's brilliant imo! A lot more Muse sounding that Black Holes & Revelations for sure.

One of their best ever. Top ten along with USof E

Along with new born, plug in baby, hysteria, showbiz, B and H, KOC, Citizen erased, SS

I know me liking of Muse has weened off in the last few years but really? You put THAT up there with something like New Born?

It's deffinitely not thier best, but certainly better than a lot of tracks off BH&R! It's nowhere near the amazingness of Citizen Erased, New Born, etc though...

I didn't really listen to that (by "really" I mean ever). Although I did find the titular track catchy.

And in nobody cares news; Aim and Ignite is exactly what I wanted and I already love it. Although having heard most of the songs by now as they've slowly been released ruined the joy of a new album a bit (although ones released a while ago have been changed a bit) but still. Much love for it, particularly The Gambler (such a sweet love song), Walking The Dog and All The Pretty Girls. :heart:

Well i've gone very Electronic pop this year so i'm listening to 'Dan Black' and looking forward to receiving 'FrankMusik' to! I even entered a comp to win his pants, what more could you want?

I'm not a fan of Muse, really, but even I know that that song isn't one of their best. It sounds very conceptual instead of being a polished rock song. I can understand wanting to stay ahead of the curve or wanting to ride on this new electronica style rock wave but it's not what they are best at and it doesn't sound all that impressive. Unless you're entirely sure you can make a great album off of a new sound, then don't do it. I'm not saying their new album will be terrible but I think, based on what I've heard, that they should stick more to the style they are known for instead of this new stuff.

new muse track: further confirmation that the new album will be boring as fuck and do nothing interesting.

It's deffinitely not thier best, but certainly better than a lot of tracks off BH&R! It's nowhere near the amazingness of Citizen Erased, New Born, etc though...

Bet exogenesis will be the shit

I'm expecting Exogenesis will be incredible! It's the track I'm looking forward to the most, as well as MK ULTRA. Don't know why I'm interested in that one though, but the title is intriguing.

WTF, the video isn't on youtube anymore.

Copyright claim by Warner. The track wasn't supposed to be aired yet, the premiere was meant to be on Radio 1 at 7:30.

I'm expecting Exogenesis will be incredible! It's the track I'm looking forward to the most, as well as MK ULTRA. Don't know why I'm interested in that one though, but the title is intriguing.

Copyright claim by Warner. The track wasn't supposed to be aired yet, the premiere was meant to be on Radio 1 at 7:30.

Other version are really poor quality as well- I would wait now

I know, but they could have at least waited until I heard it ;-;

The new song is probably my favourite Muse song, I also liked USoE. Their old stuff is just not my kind of thing.

The new song is probably my favourite Muse song, I also liked USoE. Their old stuff is just not my kind of thing.

The old stuff is somehow better live. Showbiz- reading 2006 omfg

Well, I managed to "obtain" an mp3 of the good quality version of Uprising, so I'm happy! ^^ I'll be buying the single when it comes out anyway (if it's got a b-side that is...)

She Wolf

All the versions on YouTube are abysmal quality, but that ones pretty good. How she manages to be that flexible, I don't know. Plus, the ending had me laughing so much, it's beyond over the top. I never thought Shakira and Electro-pop would mix, but this has to be one of the best singles of the year. Love it to bits.

The spanish version is so damn sexy!

Alright, so earlier I heard this Van Halen song:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

And I thought "Where in the name of John Fashanu did I hear that opening riff before?", after some searching (I looked at many sites, I looked on Wikipedia...okay.) I found it was sampled by Apollo 440 in a song I remember so, so well from the mid-90s:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Clue was in the name! The Apollo 440 track's called 'Ain't Talking 'Bout Dub' when the Van Halen song's called 'Ain't Talking 'Bout Love'. :indeed:

Having decided to venture a bit into unexplored (by me) threads, I thought I'd visit this as well.

At the moment my absolute favourite band is Abney Park, a band known for its steampunk visuals and sound. Being a huge steampunk lover myself, I fell very much in love with the band at once, even liking the music they made prior to their journey into steampunk. While the sound has definitely changed, you can still clearly hear their style throughout their albums.

A great video to show off the steampunk sound and visuals of Abney Park - and also probably my favourite of their songs:

Ahhh I love a bit of good old Austropop! Yodelling made cool!

( BTW how do I get the youtube video to appear within this window? Sorry for being so luddite)

Edited by Karl619

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UjOsfRiS4Q

Ahhh I love a bit of good old Austropop! Yodelling made cool!

( BTW how do I get the youtube video to appear within this window? Sorry for being so luddite)

You type in [noparse][/noparse]

The video code is everything after the "equals" sign (=) in the URL of a YouTube video.

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

UPRISING (this time it should work)

No wait sorry, that's the wrong song...

That's more like it! It's an easy mistake though...