NEurope

You were missing 20 MUSE songs? for shame! lol actually which ones Dyson? I'd hate to know that I'm missing any :/ I have all their major albums + Hullabaloo so yeah if there are any rare B-sides or something left to get I'd love to know, afterall there isn't such a thing as having too much Muse imo. :p

They have some brilliant b-sides my favourites being:

Eternally Missed

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Fury

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Futurism

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The Groove

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Easily

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Crying Shame

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Assassin (Grand Omega Bosses Edit)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Glorious

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

You Fucking Mother Fucker

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

NME Awards results..

Yays for Muse winning Best Live Band (again) and the Best Album Artwork Awards. Oh, and lol at Matt Bellamy winning sexiest Male. xD

Glad to see Muse and Matt Bellamy:love: won because I absolutely love them.

NME Awards results..

Though I dislike the fact their heads are up bland bands like Oasis and Killers arses, I liked the choice of Worst Album/Band winners...that made me lol!

But Muse winning best album artwork is literally subserviant rimmage of the highest degree.

NME Awards results..

Yays for Muse winning Best Live Band (again) and the Best Album Artwork Awards. Oh, and lol at Matt Bellamy winning sexiest Male. xD

Nice! MGMT and Muse love is rife. Like it! The HAARP album did have some nice artwork, but I wouldn't have called it the best of 2008.

They have some brilliant b-sides my favourites being:

Haha, the 30 second easter egg track at the end there, I remember when I found it. :D

Edit: Fuck me Glorious is a good track. Not heard that one before and it has a real possibility of being my new favourite song.

But Muse winning best album artwork is literally subserviant rimmage of the highest degree.

Massive amounts of agreeage.

I hate NME. They make out that they are the wizard-masters of indie music, then don't even recognise the brilliance of one of the best indie-pop albums of the past few years (The Con by Tegan and Sara) when it hits them in the face.

Radiohead, I love. Too many amazing songs to have a favourite. Street Spirit probably because I used to hear it all the time when I was younger. Otherwise, Paranoid Android is also awesome.

Okay, this song needs ATTENTION.

The Presents - If I Know You

Strange and awesome video.

Great call with this song Daft. :D Video is cool as well.

I've been listening to it on repeat at school for most of the day. I'm loving it. I'll check out the rest tonight! :)

Oasis won best british band!

Have they actually listened to their latest album?

Great call with this song Daft. :D Video is cool as well.

I've been listening to it on repeat at school for most of the day. I'm loving it. I'll check out the rest tonight! :)

Glad you like it! :smile:

Added it to my Spotify playlist which is shaping up nicely.

PJ Harvey News:

Black Hearted Love Worldwide Premier On Zane Lowes Radio One Show - Monday March 2nd!

Tune into Zane Lowe’s BBC Radio One show on Monday night, March 2nd , from 7pm when he will exclusively play ‘Black Hearted Love; the upcoming single from Polly & John’s forthcoming album.

The track will then be available to download digitally that night from http://www.pjharvey.net and http://www.johnparish.com and from all usual outlets the following day.

My friend is a total bizatch. She's bombarded me with Jonas brothers songs for SO DAMN LONG, I'm actually starting to like them again. (I had like 3 days ages ago where I loved "SOS", but that was it). I hate myself. I'm obviously not going to see the movie when it comes out on may 29th, in Sheffield, considering that's the nearest 3D cinema.

Oh fudge...

THIS IS SO CATCHY I WANT TO IMPLODE.

Despite that being the most derivitive song I've heard in years (Dead Or Alive sample/chorus, and I recognise the backing track), it's thumpiness and sense of delayed urgency please me. It's not "fast" or "slow". It just is a good beat.

I can't believe I said that about Flo Rida.

PJ Harvey News:

Black Hearted Love Worldwide Premier On Zane Lowes Radio One Show - Monday March 2nd!

Tune into Zane Lowe’s BBC Radio One show on Monday night, March 2nd , from 7pm when he will exclusively play ‘Black Hearted Love; the upcoming single from Polly & John’s forthcoming album.

The track will then be available to download digitally that night from http://www.pjharvey.net and http://www.johnparish.com and from all usual outlets the following day.

Paj Will Do. :D

Been listening to My Bipolar Friend by Johnny Foreigner all day. Can't get it out of my head. Soooooooooo good and such a refreshing take on the whole female fronted band.

New info on the upcoming Muse album...

Some guy called "Dip" from Muselive managed to talk to Dom at the NME awards, and found out this new info:

- album is 50% done

- it includes the heaviest and the softest stuff they've written

- recording reminds them of the Origin of Symmetry recording, with the different instruments they're experimenting with

- in talks with the people in charge of the Readling/Leeds festival for next year (2010)

- possible song name is the atrocity vector

- tour in early october

Take it with a pinch of salt, but if all that's true, then FUCK YES!!! :grin:

Despite they're as a famous as lots of rubbish-yet-jizzed-over bands, I always find I like Muse.

However, I have none of their stuff. I need to. / I'll listen on Spotify.

Which should I start with?

Oh, god. Erm, tough question that. I'd say listen to the Absolution album in its entirety. That said; BHAR is also a great album, as is Origin of Symmetry. And their b-sides.

Just go listen to some random Muse tracks. They range in styles, Butterflies and Hurricanes on Absolution for example is a big contrast to say Stockholm Syndrome, but both tracks are amazing.

Origin of Symmetry is their best album.

I don't like anything newer. They become really self-indulgent.

And their fans became total circle jerkers.

(not saying all, i know a lot of nice reasonable muse fans, but there's those fans that are like "OMG Muse are the best anything ever and all they do is awesome and they look pretty and sound amazing and are the best music ever and music didn't exist before them and they made everything beautiful and amazing in this world" and fuck off!)

[/rant over and out]

Muse are awesome and they are easily one of my favourite bands, thats not to say I'd go as far as to dismiss all other music in favour of them though, that'd be just plain lunacy :P but I do find myself continually coming back to them.

Personally theres something to like about each of their albums for me, both their old and new stuff is decent but in different ways, If I had to put their albums in order it'd probably go something like this...

Origin of Symmetry

Absolution

Black Holes and Revelations

Showbiz

Hullabaloo

Quite honestly though it doesn't matter as each album has it's own set of quality tracks, I'm hoping that their upcoming album will be right up there somewhere inbetween Origin of Symmetry and Black Holes and Revelations and by the sounds of things it's shaping up nicely. :)

Funny, that's how my list would go as well I think. Though I might swap around Absolution and OOS. Tough call between those two!

Funny, that's how my list would go as well I think. Though I might swap around Absolution and OOS. Tough call between those two!

No. It really isn't. OOS is brilliant. Absolution is quite good, but nowhere near OOS. BHAR is just plain bad. Showbiz is a bit good, just like Absolution. Hullabaloo isn't an album, it's a B-side compilation.

No. It really isn't. OOS is brilliant. Absolution is quite good, but nowhere near OOS. BHAR is just plain bad. Showbiz is a bit good, just like Absolution. Hullabaloo isn't an album, it's a B-side compilation.

I hate this thread quite a lot of the time. I like the odd track mentioned, but in general it tends to be full of tripe, 1D songs that will be forgotten by all by the time we reach the age where music starts to make sense.

In other, vague, news; The_Bard; I've introduced Bloody Beetroots to a few people since you mentioned them a few weeks ago. I've got a 45m~ track of their LP (I think?) which is seriously banging in a party scenario. Very nice.

Finally, I was starting to think I was the only person that thought it was awful.

OOS is their best, no competiton. It's a brilliant album. Then Showbiz, underrated. The rest I don't think are worth listening to.

Black Holes and Revelations is terrible. The couldn't even get the cover art right. Absolution is when they got stuck up their own arses.

Muse are awesome and they are easily one of my favourite bands, thats not to say I'd go as far as to dismiss all other music in favour of them though, that'd be just plain lunacy :P but I do find myself continually coming back to them.

Personally theres something to like about each of their albums for me, both their old and new stuff is decent but in different ways, If I had to put their albums in order it'd probably go something like this...

Origin of Symmetry

Absolution

Black Holes and Revelations

Showbiz

Hullabaloo

Quite honestly though it doesn't matter as each album has it's own set of quality tracks, I'm hoping that their upcoming album will be right up there somewhere inbetween Origin of Symmetry and Black Holes and Revelations and by the sounds of things it's shaping up nicely. :)

Agreed on all accounts! Muse are my second favourite band, but it's not like I'm going to dismiss all other music because of them. And that list is exactly how I'd rate my top Muse albums too.

I'm really excited for this album and can't wait to hear it. Oh, and apparently Matt Bellamy's really positive about it too, claiming it's "fucking genius". He stated that he doesn't get optimistic about Muse albums often, so this is deffinitely a good sign imo. :grin: