NEurope

So erm yeah. New Found Glory's new album.. me likes.

Only fault on the first play through is the songs are a bit samey and short. A few listens and I'm sure I'll be mega hyped for the gig in May.

So erm yeah. New Found Glory's new album.. me likes.

Only fault on the first play through is the songs are a bit samey and short. A few listens and I'm sure I'll be mega hyped for the gig in May.

I wasn't that impressed, they obviously want to jump on the popularity of Set Your Goals/Four Year Strong at the moment but it's just not quite as good imo. Think it may just be me struggling to listen to Pop Punk these days.

Have to say pop punk has rarely ever floated my boat. Even in my misguided youth.

Anyway. Turns out TV On The Radio are, what I believe experts call, a bit fucking excellent. I suspect it may be pertinent to inform you all that you should stop whatever you're doing and obtain Dear Science immediately by fair means or foul.

I wasn't that impressed, they obviously want to jump on the popularity of Set Your Goals/Four Year Strong at the moment but it's just not quite as good imo. Think it may just be me struggling to listen to Pop Punk these days.

To be honest all I've heard of Set Your Goals and Four Year Strong were when they supported New Found Glory in December. And being mildly drunk, and the obvious distorted shitness that support bands get dealt with, I don't remember liking them too much. Might have to give them a gander later.

But I'm definitely into crappy Pop Punk at the minute, and by minute I mean the last 3 years. I feel I'm going backwards, Metal -> Rock -> Pop Punk. Soon I'll be on the Girls Aloud train..

Hey don't knock Girls Aloud!

Their song writers are amazing. They're doing far more interesting, important things with music than entire genres ever produced. I'd much rather listen to them (or indeed any well produced and written pop tune) than the current form of Indie.

Have to say pop punk has rarely ever floated my boat. Even in my misguided youth.

Anyway. Turns out TV On The Radio are, what I believe experts call, a bit fucking excellent. I suspect it may be pertinent to inform you all that you should stop whatever you're doing and obtain Dear Science immediately by fair means or foul.

Their first album was fantastic, I have yet to pick up Dear Science. How does it compare?

If you liked Dear Science I highly recommend buying their back catologue. Also get a copy of their cover of Yeah Yeah Yeahs song "Modern Romance". It's most awesome.

Would also highly recommend seeing them live. Seen them twice now and they are fantastic. Such an experience seeing a band like them live I tell ye.

Picked up Lily Allens new album today, and I love it already!

Was cringing in the car when I was in the car, and put it on just after getting it, and "Not Fair" came on, I was like O.O

Some of the lyrics being "I spent ages giving you head" I think you can figure the rest out.

XD

Triforce, I tried Taylor whats her face, but that song annoys the hell out of me. So cheesy, annoying. The lyrics just grate.

--

I love how our mood seems to decide whether we like listening to a song or not. I usually find "The Boy Does Nothing" meh at best but now I'm in an awesome mood I cannot stop listening to it. It's got terrible lyrics, a really simple beat, and yet it manages to just sound so happy/makes me want to get up and start dancing like a crazed penguin.

Anyone heard 'Home' by Daughtry? Heard it for the first time last night on Kerrang! (strange place to hear it seeing as it's more pop-rock than rock but they've changed a lot of what they show now on their channel) and have to say it's a very nice song. Haven't had a chance to check out any of their/his other stuff yet but will do.

Anyone heard 'Home' by Daughtry? Heard it for the first time last night on Kerrang! (strange place to hear it seeing as it's more pop-rock than rock but they've changed a lot of what they show now on their channel) and have to say it's a very nice song. Haven't had a chance to check out any of their/his other stuff yet but will do.

Yeah, it's my 4th highest played song on iTunes. It's a little cheesy, but I listened too it a lot when I was moving house.

Alexisonfire - Get Fighted

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

This just came on shuffle, and I remembered how awesome I think it is, thought I'd spread the love. Music is for sharing after all.

Just discovered this little program: http://www.spotify.com/en/

Free to use, the only drawback is adverts which are minimal.

Doesn't involve downloading but straming music, pretty impressed with what's on there.

Both Coolness, I and Razz have posted about that a fair few times. It's brilliant, such an awesome program. Most definitely the future of streaming music.

Good to see im late on the bandwagon :D

But yeah i'm very impressed so far, seems better than Last FM anyway.

Oh yeah, so much better than Last.fm for discovering music. Plus, it scrobbles, so itunes has just become useless to me. It's all I've been using for music, for the past few weeks.

Loooove.

yeah the reccomendations seem good, kind of reccomending bands I like.

Band of Horses reccomends The Shins

The Shins reccomends The Apples in Stereo etc

I'm excited about this

yeah the reccomendations seem good, kind of reccomending bands I like.

Band of Horses reccomends The Shins

The Shins reccomends The Apples in Stereo etc

I'm excited about this

Yeah, it's so easy to find similar bands. Plus, (example) when Razz said "Oh check out ladytron!!" I didn't have to go on youtube blah blah blah, I just searched her name on Spotify, and had their entire discography to listen to.

It's funking brilliant.

fyi Ladytron are a band not a solo artist :heh:

Slip of the tongue.

*shakes fist*

Funnily enough Ladytron have just been reccomended to me.

I'm listening to Cut Copy.

Try "Burning Up", "Ghosts" and "Blackcat". My favourites, love them.

Oi guys take notice ¬¬

Love that song. :)

Yeah I heard of Taylor Swift a while ago but only got round to checking her music out last month. I now really like her a lot. She has an excellent voice! :D

Agreed 100% a brilliant album. Dear science is one of my Album's of '08! I strongly recommend it to anyone!

Spotify is awesome! :grin:

I've been using it for several weeks now. It is so easy to use and has a vast amount of music that I barely use my Itunes as it is quick to load as well, plus scrobbles. :yay:

I have so many playlists now. @_____@

Without it I would not have been able to listen to Fleetwood Mac or Camille which would have been world shattering!

What I've been listening to:

Kate Voegele Don't look away

Not bad but nothing special it lacked a certain punch. quite relaxing though will listen again.

Sky Larkin-The Golden Spike

Pretty good though I wasn't really remember it now. I will have to give it another listen before I judge.

Camille-Le Fil

Absolutely awesome. Great recommendation Chairdriver, loved it to bits. :grin:

Camille-Music Hole

Not quite as good but still musically wonderful.

Beth Rowlely-Little Dream

She has a lovely and relaxing voice and it calms me while I'm doing work.

Lily Allen-It's not me it's you

Love this album. I prefer it above "Alright, Still." and I like the new sounds she is making!