NEurope

It's among her most aggresive songs, from the astoun ding album, Boys For Pele. Very..fiery (Pele is the fire goddess..) in sound and content.

Fans of hers don't really see the Armnd mix as a real Tori song, as it has nothing to do with the song really, and it could be anyone singing over it. It is decent though. Just shouldn't be lumpoed together with anything else by her.

Professional Widow is probably one of my favourite Tori Amos songs, as like you said it's just absolutely brimming with this fury which is so controlled and released so masterfully through the vocals and harsichord.

That said, and this is coming from and insanely big Tori Amos fan right here, I do consider the remix her song. Not her best obviously, and with no real input on her part, but it relates to her alot. I consider it a watered down, more club oriented form of Raspberry Swirl, which she has said herself is a sort of her own satire of the club music genre (as well as being about how she loves her female friends, albeit not in a sexual way).

Viva La Tori!

urgh.... Leona Lewis should be arrested for being so bloody awful and so stereotypical of the type of music that women like her continue to make and saturate the market with sub-par crap. But because no one is making anything better, or maybe people are but aren't taking notice because it requires a step outside their comfort zone or a step away from the norm, people just listen to the same stuff. She should never have won X-factor and personally, i'm sick of seeing female artists coming along that are doing the exact same thing as her, which is copy the majority of female artists who came before them such as Mariah Carey, etc. Do something different. [/rant]

Been listening to Rachael Yamagata all day. Love her stuff. Very good.

Professional Widow is probably one of my favourite Tori Amos songs, as like you said it's just absolutely brimming with this fury which is so controlled and released so masterfully through the vocals and harsichord.

That said, and this is coming from and insanely big Tori Amos fan right here, I do consider the remix her song. Not her best obviously, and with no real input on her part, but it relates to her alot. I consider it a watered down, more club oriented form of Raspberry Swirl, which she has said herself is a sort of her own satire of the club music genre (as well as being about how she loves her female friends, albeit not in a sexual way).

Viva La Tori!

Well I value Armand's mix more due to the fact that I'm certain it's what inspired her to look into techno influences on FTCH and obviously on TVAB.

I'm not really that fond (relative to her though, all she does is at least good) of Raspberyr Swirl anymore, the only one I might skip on FTCH. Might be overplaying when I first got it though.

Question; Do you listen to FTCH in the order the CD puts it, or in the order the booklet lists it?

Myth is that the booklet ordering is her intended layout, but the label decided it in the end. I prefer "her" ordering.

urgh.... Leona Lewis should be arrested for being so bloody awful and so stereotypical of the type of music that women like her continue to make and saturate the market with sub-par crap. But because no one is making anything better, or maybe people are but aren't taking notice because it requires a step outside their comfort zone or a step away from the norm, people just listen to the same stuff. She should never have won X-factor and personally, i'm sick of seeing female artists coming along that are doing the exact same thing as her, which is copy the majority of female artists who came before them such as Mariah Carey, etc. Do something different. [/rant]

Her winning prevented Ray Quinn from doing so. She should be forever put on a pedestal for that. Otherwise, I agree. Though I do have a strange love of Bleeding Love. That's it though.

P!nk's AMAZING new video for Please Don't Leave Me.

She is the queen of fun videos. Seriously, her best from this album. Influences ranging from The Shining, Misery, Basic Instinct (or Fatal Attraction, whichever it is), and maybe...Blade Runner? lol

Well I value Armand's mix more due to the fact that I'm certain it's what inspired her to look into techno influences on FTCH and obviously on TVAB.

I'm not really that fond (relative to her though, all she does is at least good) of Raspberyr Swirl anymore, the only one I might skip on FTCH. Might be overplaying when I first got it though.

Question; Do you listen to FTCH in the order the CD puts it, or in the order the booklet lists it?

Myth is that the booklet ordering is her intended layout, but the label decided it in the end. I prefer "her" ordering.

Really? Raspberry Swirl is probably one of the more standout tracks for me in FTCH, there are other's I'm more likely to skip. And I prefer Tori's ordering, it just makes more sense so to speak.

TVAB was so far from her other albums, not a bad thing mind, just not what you'd expect. I also feel that it had some of her weakest tracks on it too, but this was made up for with the inclusion of Bliss, which is just absolutely sublime.

She has a new album this year, dated for a Spring/Summer release, with every track to be accompanied by a "video-ette" as her website puts it. I am so hyped for this, I've always felt it'd be so interesting to see her work in a more visual form. Her videos always stand out for me.

I love how I know all of P!nk's songs before I've even heard them for the first time.

Listening to Funhouse, it feels like I've heard all the songs countless times before, and I love them like one loves their grandparents.

It's a lovely feeling.

Really? Raspberry Swirl is probably one of the more standout tracks for me in FTCH, there are other's I'm more likely to skip. And I prefer Tori's ordering, it just makes more sense so to speak.

Maybe...I just hear it as the most "throwaway" (to use that word lightly) track on the album. I'd prefer if Purple People, Cooling or Do It Again were on the album. Well maybe not Do It Again, as that's a cover. It's (RS) stil good though!

TVAB was so far from her other albums, not a bad thing mind, just not what you'd expect. I also feel that it had some of her weakest tracks on it too, but this was made up for with the inclusion of Bliss, which is just absolutely sublime.

TVAB is odd, in that it isn't "prettified electronica", it's kinda rough and often sounds unpolished and striking. This is partly why I love it. The fact you can't hear what the hell's going on Juarez, and what composes Datura (reciting all the flowers she lost in a hurricane! :bowdown: ) remind me of why I love her so much...she can pull off experimental and "out there" so well. Glory Of The 80's is unashamadly one of my highest played T songs, but Lust and Suede are far and away my fave off the album.

She has a new album this year, dated for a Spring/Summer release, with every track to be accompanied by a "video-ette" as her website puts it. I am so hyped for this, I've always felt it'd be so interesting to see her work in a more visual form. Her videos always stand out for me.

Obviously itching for the new one to come out, but the silent film thing I could do without...while they might be nice or interesting, I have (no reason why) in my head some film student-esque montage of clips of people walking through streets/fields and stuff.

Her songs are so obscure, and I like it that way. Her music videos are never literal or anything, and I hope these films aren't either. But if they aren't in at least some way, I'm not sure what the point of them would be.

I mean Goldfrapp did this with "videos" for Clowns and Little Bird using beautiful Super-8, and they were lovely, but they couldn't do that for an entire album without turning it literal, to keep people interested.

Unless these T ones are as interesting as her normal music videos should be, I'm still unsure about them. Wish she'd just make normal music videos again, really...ADP having none and TBK having boring ones was disappointing.

Obviously itching for the new one to come out, but the silent film thing I could do without...while they might be nice or interesting, I have (no reason why) in my head some film student-esque montage of clips of people walking through streets/fields and stuff.

Her songs are so obscure, and I like it that way. Her music videos are never literal or anything, and I hope these films aren't either. But if they aren't in at least some way, I'm not sure what the point of them would be.

I mean Goldfrapp did this with "videos" for Clowns and Little Bird using beautiful Super-8, and they were lovely, but they couldn't do that for an entire album without turning it literal, to keep people interested.

Unless these T ones are as interesting as her normal music videos should be, I'm still unsure about them. Wish she'd just make normal music videos again, really...ADP having none and TBK having boring ones was disappointing.

Well I mean her videos have never really fully represented the song, and purposefully so I believe. For me they always leave alot more to the imagination, in a good way though.

What's your favourite album?

P!nk's AMAZING new video for Please Don't Leave Me.

She is the queen of fun videos. Seriously, her best from this album. Influences ranging from The Shining, Misery, Basic Instinct (or Fatal Attraction, whichever it is), and maybe...Blade Runner? lol

Fun videos you say...? I see your Pink (which was granted, entertaining) and see you The Format's 'The Compromise'

Whats the song on Pink's new album? The really bleak and depressing one? I quite like that.

Whats the song on Pink's new album? The really bleak and depressing one? I quite like that.

Sober? I Don't Believe You?

I just downloaded the Boys Noize album.

Best electro I've heard in ages!

I'm also a bit sad that there isn't a plugin that lets last.fm access my plays on the zune player :(

Why do I get bored of music really quickly? I suppose it's the same for everyone but still...

I loved Britney's album "Circus" and used to play it all the time, for about 2 weeks, now, it just bores me.

I mean I can still listen to it, but I don't get the same enjoyment from it.

It's like that with every album though, except Christina Aguilera's, they have never bored me <3

I love my bands

pierce the veil

all time low

metro station

the killers

<3<3<3

and also...

tinchy stryder

lady gaga

<3<3

Why do I get bored of music really quickly? I suppose it's the same for everyone but still...

I loved Britney's album "Circus" and used to play it all the time, for about 2 weeks, now, it just bores me.

It's like that with every album though, except Christina Aguilera's, they have never bored me <3

Depends what music/albums one's listening to, to be honest. If the music endures or not.

I have Circus too, but from the outset, I could tell it was very flash-in-the-pan. Most pop music is. It's boring as hell/cheap-sounding now.

Maybe you need to try listening to other kinds of music.

well you do go for music most people consider monumentally shalllow on average, and momentary distractions at best.

try something abit more cerebral. If you like pop music, try Deep Cuts by The Knife. Fantastic pop tunes with heart, depth and complexity.

Listening to Plastician at the moment, not sure if anyone here might have heard of him. It's some quality London grime and dubstep, but I'm bit worried for my poor speakers. I'm not sure they can handle the bass. Anyway, have a listen if you like grime style things and particularly have a listen to his remix of Kosheen.

Depends what music/albums one's listening to, to be honest. If the music endures or not.

I have Circus too, but from the outset, I could tell it was very flash-in-the-pan. Most pop music is. It's boring as hell/cheap-sounding now.

To be fair, I don't think it's down to the music that you listen to...or at least, for some people anyway. I found myself loving Madonna's stuff (mostly older) for about a week, and then, it just bored me. Same with lots of other stuff I listen to. I leave it for a few weeks, come back to it, and like it again.

Then again, even with trashy music that you sometimes listen to Paj, I've never noticed you playing one artist/song massive amounts of time in one week (I could be totally wrong). Whereas someone like myself or Triforce, we seem to go through phases of different arists.

It doesn't happen with everything, but definitely a majority of stuff. Suprisingly, it's never happened with Katy Perry (At least, for me). :)

EXPAND YOUR HORIZONS! :grin:

I love me my pop music (just look at my Last.fm :p) but I would get bored if I constantly listened to the same style of music each time/everyday. I've done it before and it all starts to sound the same after awhile. :)

I may not listen to the best music but I try and listen to music beyond Girls Aloud/Miley Cyrus. Even though they are my favourites I recognise they are in nowhere near the best and so I like to also be musically challenged and taken out of my comfort zone.

Often you'll be suprised as to what else you like apart from Pop! You just have to enter into it with an Open mind. :D

Thus far this weekend I've checked out these artists/albums:

Porcelain and the Tramps

Only a few songs, not sure how I got listening to them/her but I do like the song Gasoline. NO idea what genre of music. I'm not going to guess I'm not the best at detecting that kind of thing.

Taylor Swift

I would have happily listen to her the whole weekend. I've listened to both albums several times.

The Cardigans

It was the first time I've properly checked them out. I Loved what I heard will definately listen to more later!

Tori Amos

Already listened to her a fair amount of time but is amazes me each time that I forget how solid gold she is.

CocoRosie - Noahs Ark

I love their sound! It is not something I could constantly listen to but I thought it was very good.

White Lies - To lose my Life

Second play through I liked them a lot more and they have excellent songs. They may have a problem of their sound merging together into one sometimes, however. E.S.T is one of my faves off it.

The Killers - Day and Age

Perfect Music for still being up at 2am. Exactly what I wanted. I do actually like this album a lot more now because of this play through. Again good songs. I loved the overall sound!

Laura Veirs - Salt Breakers

Weirdly I was listening to this while playing Tetris and it fused together nicely with the game. It had that kind of "bored of Existance while having fun" thing going on.

Iron Maiden - Somewhere in time

I was listening to this while cleaning/tidying up my room. It helped power me through and they sound completely different to how I invisioned in my mind. I do like.

Emmylou Harris - All I Intended to be

Kern River is a very good song in my eyes. She is a Country singer now in her 60's. She has a lovely voice.

50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Trying

Yes. I was suprised that I knew more of the songs than I thought. I enjoyed the album but will only listen to songs off it every now and again!

Kanye West - 808's and Heartbreaks

Welcome to Heartbreak does weird things to me! :S A solid album but I need to stop listening to it and concentrate on his older stuff which I still have nay given a listen to.

Coldplay - Viva La Vida

Violet Hills is a great song in my eyes! also Viva La Vida which has not been overplayed for me. I'll give it another play through at some point!

I listened to some off another Album as well and prefered them!

Mogwai - The Hawk is Howling

Excellent. :awesome: IT encapsulated the mood I was in perfectly yesterday sometimes I was just sitting there letting the songs just wash over me. I shall be checking out more.

Metro Station - Metrostation

Decided to check this out since I like the rest of the Cyrus family. It is fun, not that great but I'd happily listen to it. It was a nice breather too listen to this morning as well.

The Veronicas

Haggis gave me some songs ages ago but I've only just got round to checking them out. Liked what I heard and will listen to more and will probably easily get them up to 80 plays in no time! :)

Nas - Ilmatic

I love this album a lot. I need to listen to it more but then I don't want to ruin its specialness. : peace:

I am now listening to Shakira: Laundry Service.

To be fair, I don't think it's down to the music that you listen to...or at least, for some people anyway. I found myself loving Madonna's stuff (mostly older) for about a week, and then, it just bored me. Same with lots of other stuff I listen to. I leave it for a few weeks, come back to it, and like it again.

Then again, even with trashy music that you sometimes listen to Paj, I've never noticed you playing one artist/song massive amounts of time in one week (I could be totally wrong). Whereas someone like myself or Triforce, we seem to go through phases of different arists.

It doesn't happen with everything, but definitely a majority of stuff. Suprisingly, it's never happened with Katy Perry (At least, for me). :)

You make an excellent point! :) I did not think of that but yes I do the same thing and go through phases of different Artists. Such as Lady gaga I've barely listened to her recently but I'm not bored of her just giving her a rest for a it then I will go back.

Now I normally go for the blitz approach and listen to one artists a lot for the majority of the weekend. This week it would have been Taylor Swift. This weekend I decided to try out different artists and albums as well as her and I think I find it better as now I'm not "bored" of her after two days and I've also got to listen to more that I wanted to.

I may stick with this approach with the occasional binge. :p

You make an excellent point! :) I did not think of that but yes I do the same thing and go through phases of different Artists. Such as Lady gaga I've barely listened to her recently but I'm not bored of her just giving her a rest for a it then I will go back.

Now I normally go for the blitz approach and listen to one artists a lot for the majority of the weekend. This week it would have been Taylor Swift. This weekend I decided to try out different artists and albums as well as her and I think I find it better as now I'm not "bored" of her after two days and I've also got to listen to more that I wanted to.

I may stick with this approach with the occasional binge. :p

Haha, right on! The occasional binge sounds perfect. I may have to adopt that idea for future albums.

Oooo, The Veronicas. Did I send you Take Me On The Floor? I love that song. You just know they aren't talking about dancing. The newer album is more electronic (and better, in my opinion). Untouched is a great single, as is Popular. :)

--

One thing...

Miley Cyrus' Breakout is actually fantastic. Now I've given everything a proper listen, rather than just using it as backgrouns music, I actually love it. It's odd how someone who's only 16, can manage to sound so...emotional. I mean, beyond some of the cliche lyrics and some over-done production she actually manages to sound like she means what she's singing about. "The Driveway" and "These Four Walls" would be to great examples.

I mean, if a 16 year old can manage to make "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" sound surpisingly deep, then you know there's something special about her.

Tori Amos

Already listened to her a fair amount of time but is amazes me each time that I forget how solid gold she is.

CocoRosie - Noahs Ark

I love their sound! It is not something I could constantly listen to but I thought it was very good.

Laura Veirs - Salt Breakers

Weirdly I was listening to this while playing Tetris and it fused together nicely with the game. It had that kind of "bored of Existance while having fun" thing going on.

I am now listening to Shakira: Laundry Service.

I've loved you so long.

The Cardigans

It was the first time I've properly checked them out. I Loved what I heard will definately listen to more later!

Love them 2 death.

Add Matt & Kim to that list. :heh:

Anyone ever listened to Manchester Orchestra before?

just listening to their album now and absolutely loving it.