NEurope

The Ting Tings album is strange. It's not bad, but it's not wonderful either. It's one of those ones you can put on in the background and forget it's actually on. Bar a few memorable choruses, it's just a little bland.

I'm LOVING "In Silico" though. I've really got into Pendulum lately.

I believe you misunderstood me, dear Don. :heh: I was merely saying it's not for him, like I said "you won't find anything there for you". I never meant to say that Japanese music sucks, because it doesn't. My point was merely that mainstream Japanese music is all very samey, following the same set of pre-established composition rules... Much like French Electro on a larger scale. And both Japanese music and French Electro rock hard!

But I'm somewhat familiar with Tom's tastes, and it seems to me he's the kind of fellow that would be delighted by Japan's underground music acts (wich deliver some of the freshest and most impressive music made in today's world), and wouldn't be so comfortable with the mainstream. But personally, I half-love the mainstream... I love The Pillows, Asian Kung-Fu Generation & Akeboshi, The Mad Capsule Markets, among others. I still hate X Japan, though. And then there's that whole Dir-en-grey or Gazzette visual-kei mess, wich is... for a lack of better wording, just shit.

Anywho, the Japanese Underground is just impossible to mess with... Merzbow, Boris, Soil & "Pimp" Sessions, Nujabes, Sigh, Gallhammer, Melt-Banana, Fuck On The Beach, Boredoms, Coaltar Of The Deepers, Mono, Number Girl, Masonna, the list just goes on and on and on... It's quite impossible to match! :heh:

Why do you hate X Japan? *heart breaks*

You're right about the jap underground though..much quality.

Why do you hate X Japan? *heart breaks*

You're right about the jap underground though..much quality.

He doesn't like his voice, at least that's what he told me. In some songs it's a little annoying, but it's mostly awesome.

Agree that Dir'en Grey sucks big hairy balls.

Probably of no interest to the majority of you music lovers, but I happen to have a spare ticket to the Liverpool Sound concert on June the 1st going, where Paul McCartney, The Kaiser Chiefs, The Zutons and Dave Grohl are playing. If you're intrested, drop me a PM :)

Dave Grohl is playing?

He doesn't like his voice, at least that's what he told me. In some songs it's a little annoying, but it's mostly awesome.

Agree that Dir'en Grey sucks big hairy balls.

Dir en grey are stupidly overrated!

Hmm..Yoshiki's (think thats his name) voice can be a little annoying in some songs, but overall he's great. besides Hide is one hell of a guitarist :)

Hmm..Yoshiki's (think thats his name) voice can be a little annoying in some songs, but overall he's great. besides Hide is one hell of a guitarist :)

I hate his voice too much. I can't bear it. :(

Anywho... Polysics... now there's a hard nut to crack! I love Polysics or Die!!!!, but that's about it... and I kind of like Now is the Time. Sorta. lol.

I'm kind of into Rihanna but realized pretty recently that her recent album is mostly a rip-off of current european dance styles -- like check this list on itunes

If I had to hump a cd, I'd have to choose "This Is Alphabeat". I'm in love with it after only one listen. It's just so fun and quirky. *screams*

The albums just...it's fantastic. I acquired the version they're releasing in Europe, so I've still got the two UK only tracks to listen to when I buy it on monday.

Sigh.

Bought M.I.A.'s Arular today, it sounds pretty great so far. Her voice is awesome although the kind of style isn't normally my type of music I'm really liking it so hopefully I'll get a bit of money soon and buy Kala.

DPT were pretty good last night. I was getting in the mix a bit and hurt myself, silly drunken jumping around. I'm getting too old for it hahaha.

I totally forgot that next friday im going to see Foo Fighters at Wembley Stadium....50 big ones, better be worth it. Mind you they were awesome when I saw them in Hyde Park few years back. Apparently it's gonna be in the round centre stage. Should be interesting.

Sigh.

Bought M.I.A.'s Arular today, it sounds pretty great so far. Her voice is awesome although the kind of style isn't normally my type of music I'm really liking it so hopefully I'll get a bit of money soon and buy Kala.

Kala is fantastic, but I keep forgetting to look for Arular in shops...

Check out Santogold if you like M.I.A, btw. Similar style, but slightly less hip-hoppy, and she's very versatile as an artist.

----

@ Haggis

I agree on the Ting Tings album...I love Shut Up And Let Me Go, and the other 2 singles are ok, but it's a very...quiet album. It just comes on, plays, then finishes as if it was never there.

In Silico is good, too.

However, Ashlee Simpson went downhill after her first single.

---

I also really like Raising Sand by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, though I think it came out last year.

Santogold has nothing on M.I.A. She doesn't have the talent or the background that M.I.A does.

Santogold has nothing on M.I.A. She doesn't have the talent or the background that M.I.A does.

Why oh why must you always be right? :(

Santogold isn't awfull, though. She's just not even close.

I love how every track on Santogold's ST is totally different from every other track.

My Superman could be a Siouxsie Sioux song, and I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

I hate his voice too much. I can't bear it. :(

Anywho... Polysics... now there's a hard nut to crack! I love Polysics or Die!!!!, but that's about it... and I kind of like Now is the Time. Sorta. lol.

Polysics or die!!! is their best of album, and now is the time is their most recent =]

back to dropkick muuuuuuuuuuuuuurpheys

I need to own Arular before I can judge either against the other fairly, but yeah M.I.A is technically better. And I prefer her anyway.

How many songs do folks have?

Here is mine:

7506 tracks in playlist, average track length: 3:54

Estimated playlist length: 265 hours 20 minutes 40 seconds

(2184 tracks of unknown length)

How many songs do folks have?

Here is mine:

7506 tracks in playlist, average track length: 3:54

Estimated playlist length: 265 hours 20 minutes 40 seconds

(2184 tracks of unknown length)

My lord, you beat me.

6733 songs in my iTunes library.

18:18:57:23 total time.

The annoying thing is, I wish I had a smaller library of things I actually still listen to. It encompasses like years of musical change for me, so I have loads of crap on it.

I have 978 Songs :p

Which is much more than I had earlier this Year when I had about 30 songs. :D

25008 tracks in playlist, average track length: 4:23

Estimated playlist length: 1827 hours 33 seconds

Go me. :-/

I've got 6600 odd songs. I've probably only listened to around 10% of my music (Everyone in my house shared their music just over a week ago. Bumped up my number of tracks by around 6000).

Do you actually buy all those songs?

I only have 209 songs from 11 artists.

wpmaq6.th.jpg