NEurope

They aren't actually THAT bad...the Shania Twain one sounds sounds kinda...wrong.

The Celine Dion/Anastacia one sounds ok cause of their voices though.

I think one of the worst (in that it ruins the original) is I Love Rock N' Roll by Britney Spears, simply cause it's obvious she doesn't.

----

Just got In Silico by Pendulum.

At one point my heart like spasmed it was so good. I think I just had aural sex.

Both of those covers are good compared to Bohemian Rhapsody by G4.

And In Silico is good. The minimix thing on their website is also awesome.

I listened to In Silico as a friend suggested and let me borrow it. I received a very different sexual feeling more akin to anal rape.

Omgggg... I just listened to some Justice. I'm in love.

I think one of the worst (in that it ruins the original) is I Love Rock N' Roll by Britney Spears, simply cause it's obvious she doesn't.

Is it wrong that I prefer Britney's version of (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction than the original?

However, I think I redeem myself by adoringing

. It's one of the rare occasions someone outshines Bjork. <3 PJ Harvey.

I can't watch the "I Love Rock n Roll" video by Britney because when she does that sexy crawl thing I always think she's going to fall through the floor aka have a Breakfast Club moment.

Is it wrong that I prefer Britney's version of (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction than the original?

It's the wrongest thing thats ever been posted in this thread and thats saying something.

It's the wrongest thing thats ever been posted in this thread and thats saying something.

Lol. I just way prefer female voices to male voices.

*shrugs shoulders*

Listening to it again, I just love it. Really good for a pop tart.

Satisfaction - Britney Spears

Kinda sad that one of her best songs, if not the best song of hers, isn't actually by her...

Saw Boris live tonight. Seriously, Japanese noise is the best thing in the world.

Saw Pelican and Circa Survive a few hours ago. Small venue just how I like it. But there were no barricades at this show, so I was basically sitting on the stage next to Anthony Green of Circa. Awesome fucking show it was.:awesome: I got some video of it, too bad the battery died half way threw their set.:(

DL'd Moon Safari by Air, it's grrrrrrrreat!

*a tiger bursts through the door, just to give me a thumbs up*

Finally got hold of "Bittersweet World" by Ashlee Simpson. People really should give it a chance. It's a massive increase in quality over he last 2 "efforts" (which bar the singles, sucked).

I'm in love with "Outta My Head" and have been for a while, it's such an awesome track. I'm always moving around/singing it when I hear it. Even my mums addicted to it.

There's a few stand out tracks, with most the album being very beat driven. It's a nice departure from the usual sound she has (i.e a little boring).

"Boys", "Invisible", "Rulebreaker", "Ragdoll" and "Hot Stuff (utterly mental)" and then "Outta My Head (Ay Ya Ya)" make the album fun to listen to. The rest of the songs aren't worth even mentioning tbh. They're more albumy, filler type stuff.

It's obvious she was trying to emulate Gwen, and it worked to an extent but also failed embarassingly on a couple of tracks.

Probably of no interest to the majority of you music lovers, but I happen to have a spare ticket to the Liverpool Sound concert on June the 1st going, where Paul McCartney, The Kaiser Chiefs, The Zutons and Dave Grohl are playing. If you're intrested, drop me a PM :)

I think I have found the worst cover song ever:

I thought that was aerosmith

Saw Boris live tonight. Seriously, Japanese noise is the best thing in the world.

I am really starting to fall in love with Japanese music. I saw Boris in december, which was excellent. Then recently I saw Mono, Worlds End Girlfriend and Envy, all utter joy. I need to find more japanese bands - any suggestions (btw anyone who suggests electric eel shock gets a slap).

Saw Pelican and Circa Survive a few hours ago. Small venue just how I like it. But there were no barricades at this show, so I was basically sitting on the stage next to Anthony Green of Circa. Awesome fucking show it was.:awesome: I got some video of it, too bad the battery died half way threw their set.:(

Pelican are fantastic. I saw them support Cave In (Who were pretty mediocre) but pelican were so good I wasn't bothered.

I thought that was aerosmith

Perhaps thats why he used the word "cover".

I am really starting to fall in love with Japanese music. I saw Boris in december, which was excellent. Then recently I saw Mono, Worlds End Girlfriend and Envy, all utter joy. I need to find more japanese bands - any suggestions (btw anyone who suggests electric eel shock gets a slap).

Try Coaltar Of The Deepers, Zazen Boys or Number Girl.

Stay away from J-rock in general, you won't find anything there for you. Except for The Pillows, maybe.

Japanese music in general is very "pre-fabricated", you have to keep a sharp-eye to find the jewels, as they're mainly in the underground (I'd say Japan has the best underground music subculture in the world). Kudos on Mono, one of my favourite post-rockers! : peace:

Japanese music is brilliant! Really getting into more of it recently. I really envy you for seeing Boris.

I'm starting to get back into X Japan; they were THE reason i got into any kind of japanese music in general.

Try Coaltar Of The Deepers, Zazen Boys or Number Girl.

Stay away from J-rock in general, you won't find anything there for you. Except for The Pillows, maybe.

Japanese music in general is very "pre-fabricated", you have to keep a sharp-eye to find the jewels, as they're mainly in the underground (I'd say Japan has the best underground music subculture in the world). Kudos on Mono, one of my favourite post-rockers! : peace:

Oh you are so gonna get stabbed

Japanese music is brilliant! Really getting into more of it recently. I really envy you for seeing Boris.

I'm starting to get back into X Japan; they were THE reason i got into any kind of japanese music in general.

Correct.

I'm gonna go ahead and ignore elitisms and just throw out some japanese bands/artists that I love: The Pillows, Asian Kung Fu Generation, Beat Crusaders, X Japan, Akeboshi, The Seatbelts, Genki Rockets (although there are only 2 songs the rest are remixes), Boom Boom Satelites, Jazzin Park, Rie Fu, Olivia, Anna, Jake Shimabukuro, Nujabes, Forces of Nature, Bz, Anthem I could go on.

I don't care if these are underground or not, they are awesome.

I jsut had deja vu while looking at this thread. :S

Anyway I've been listening to the Ting Tings too much recently. They are just easy to listen to. :)

Oh you are so gonna get stabbed

I believe you misunderstood me, dear Don. :heh: I was merely saying it's not for him, like I said "you won't find anything there for you". I never meant to say that Japanese music sucks, because it doesn't. My point was merely that mainstream Japanese music is all very samey, following the same set of pre-established composition rules... Much like French Electro on a larger scale. And both Japanese music and French Electro rock hard!

But I'm somewhat familiar with Tom's tastes, and it seems to me he's the kind of fellow that would be delighted by Japan's underground music acts (wich deliver some of the freshest and most impressive music made in today's world), and wouldn't be so comfortable with the mainstream. But personally, I half-love the mainstream... I love The Pillows, Asian Kung-Fu Generation & Akeboshi, The Mad Capsule Markets, among others. I still hate X Japan, though. And then there's that whole Dir-en-grey or Gazzette visual-kei mess, wich is... for a lack of better wording, just shit.

Anywho, the Japanese Underground is just impossible to mess with... Merzbow, Boris, Soil & "Pimp" Sessions, Nujabes, Sigh, Gallhammer, Melt-Banana, Fuck On The Beach, Boredoms, Coaltar Of The Deepers, Mono, Number Girl, Masonna, the list just goes on and on and on... It's quite impossible to match! :heh:

POLYSICS are actualkly amazing

"HELLO LONDON, WE ARE POLYSICS FROM TOOOOOOOOOOOOKOYO JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPAN!"

*plays pretty good*