NEurope

Radiohead are decent.

I've got like three songs which I really quite like; Love will tear us apart, Shes Lost Control and Transmission. Stick them on occasionally. Shes lost control has a bit of a punkish vibe, kinda like something Nirvana would have done circa Bleach. Can't really describe the music actually, I suppose you could call it kinda um...sparse in that it doesn't try to be too complex or showy. I'm liking it overall.

I love their sound- it's uncomplicated but intense, and Peter Hook is a fucking G with his lead bass- I'm surprised nobody has ever tried to copy that to be honest. It's a great trick.

Peter Hook is a fucking G with his lead bass- I'm surprised nobody has ever tried to copy that to be honest.

You've clearly not heard any Iron Maiden :heh: They use bass as pretty much a lead instrument. A song that comes to mind is Children of The Damned. I can imagine you scoffing at the idea of listening to Maiden :laughing:

;447042"]The Format.

Haha, I investigated and after a quick glance at the similar artists list I started the downloads without even listening, guaranteed to like this.

I'm back into my Flaming Lips collection again, which is normally an indication of mild brain dysfunction before finally discovering a new state of mental existence about a week down the line. Good.

I can imagine you scoffing at the idea of listening to Maiden :laughing:

"who, me?"

DSC00057.jpg

I'm back into my Flaming Lips collection again, which is normally an indication of mild brain dysfunction before finally discovering a new state of mental existence about a week down the line. Good.

Flaming Lips = good

their live shows are amazing as well :)

Radiohead are decent.

No, Bardie!!! Not decent! Great!!

OK Computer is just quite possibly one of the best albums ever made!

To be honest the idea of a general music thread is a bad one and the old method of putting up individual threads for albums/singles should've been kept, it stops people from pushing (or effectively bullying) other members out of general threads like this one, where certain members think that their music taste is superior to everyone else's.

Hey, let's not get hasty... don't forget, you did it too. In fact, you started it!!! I believe one should be able to listen to whatever he wants without criticism... for god's sake, let's be adults here! Bard only insulted you cos' you provoked him.

I love their sound- it's uncomplicated but intense, and Peter Hook is a fucking G with his lead bass- I'm surprised nobody has ever tried to copy that to be honest. It's a great trick.

You've clearly not heard any Iron Maiden :heh: They use bass as pretty much a lead instrument. A song that comes to mind is Children of The Damned. I can imagine you scoffing at the idea of listening to Maiden :laughing:

The god of bass was Les Claypool from Primus. One need only take a single listen to albums suchs as Sailing The Seas Of Cheese or Pork Soda to understand why...

Claypool kicks my ass. Doesn't buckethead play for Primus now? That cover of Master of Puppets played entirely with slap was fucking immense.

Never heard of 'em. Genre?

Umm Indie-Pop maybe? Thats what their Myspace says.

Never heard 'Apeman' before, certainly not their best. 'On Your Porch' is beautiful but much slower than their usual music.

Haha, I investigated and after a quick glance at the similar artists list I started the downloads without even listening, guaranteed to like this.

I still say their album 'Dog Problems' should be listened to if you have been through a breakup. Cheery on the outside and full of pain on the inside.

Claypool kicks my ass. Doesn't buckethead play for Primus now?

He doesn't play for them, but he was a member of Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains, which featured Les and Brain from Primus, as well as Bernie Worrell from Funkadelic. I suggest you check them out.

Hm would ye kill me if i asked your opinion on one of my bands songs? i'm not saying we are great or anything

http://1LaVell1.bebo.com

please check i'm a little shy about this. i know some of you are going to hate this. can you give some constructive critcism.

It's the only song there it's called revolution and yes it's a bebo page

I'm listening to the album Thriller by jacko.

God it's so good. beat it and billie jean, in one album..*drool*

I'm listening to the album Thriller by jacko.

God it's so good. beat it and billie jean, in one album..*drool*

Plus, thriller. :D

SHATTTAP! Mj's best album is clearly Bad. Except for a few killer tracks from Thriller: Billie Jean, Beat It etc. The title track is kinda lame :heh:

Naah. Bad is the worst of the big 3. It has some OK stuff but so much of it is cringe inducing guff. OTW on the other hand, is pure disco awesomeness.

Even though I like quite a lot of MJs stuff, I've never really found an album I would want. I've borrowed a few off friends, but I tend to find I like about 3 or 4 tracks, and then the rest just pass me by.

It has some OK stuff but so much of it is cringe inducing guff.

The same can be said of the other 2 albums really. Besides, Bad, Dirty Diana, Smooth Criminal, Another Part of Me, Man In The Mirror.

Theres like 1 song I like from OTW and thats Don't Stop Till You Get Enough.

Still, I'm no Mj buff.

Off The Wall was pretty good actually, but Thriller was better. Bad wasn't too bad (get it...eh, eh) and it had some good tracks (Smooth Criminal is fab), but i'd put Thriller as his best album.

I'm watching the video for 'Don't Stop Till You Get Enough'...god he's young and happy in that video. I mean, you can really see how happy he is. how times have changed.

Rufus Wainwright-Release the Stars is a great album, Tiergarten is a cool song ^_^

The same can be said of the other 2 albums really. Besides, Bad, Dirty Diana, Smooth Criminal, Another Part of Me, Man In The Mirror.

Theres like 1 song I like from OTW and thats Don't Stop Till You Get Enough.

Still, I'm no Mj buff.

I'm no good at albums but his best songs i think are.

man in the mirror, they don't care about us,Smooth criminal,dirty diana, beat it and thriller

I'm no good at albums but his best songs i think are.

man in the mirror, they don't care about us,Smooth criminal,dirty diana, beat it and thriller

Finally someone who appreciates the genius of this song!

Finally someone who appreciates the genius of this song!

I said because nobody seems to remember this one. Most people know his songs from his greatest hits or his NUMBER ONES album. Had that one on tapeback in the day:)