NEurope

Listen to Muse's Absolution album again for the first time in ages and its a good album. Granted, I don't want to sit on their face because of it like most people here but its a good solid end of the world album. Inspirational in ways. Makes me want to write something apocalyptic.

Although I can't stand 'Sing For Absolution'.

What are the most powerful songs you've heard?

I find these are incredibly powerful and both make me cry every time I hear them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8-HcclFytw - Michael Jackson - Heal the World

- Michael Jackson - Earth Song

Free Me by Goldfinger

Walk Away by Goldfinger

Behind the Mask by Goldfinger

Open Your Eyes by Goldfinger

I find these are incredibly powerful and both make me cry every time I hear them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8-HcclFytw - Michael Jackson - Heal the World

- Michael Jackson - Earth Song

Open Your Eyes by Goldfinger

I would say Heal the World is something. But I think of Earth Song, and that whole escapade with Jacko and Jarvis Cocker come to mind.

As for Open Your Eyes; it's a class song, I'll give you that. But it has never made me think as though it was a powerful song.

Anyway, I suppose I could tell thee the most powerful songs:

Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven

Band Aid - Do They Know Its Christmas?

Muse - Falling Away With You

I can think of many many more...

Jeff Buckley's version Hallelujah makes me sad inside, although the artist's death is partially the cause too.

:( :( :(

Jeff Buckley's version Hallelujah makes me sad inside, although the artist's death is partially the cause too.

:( :( :(

It is quite powerful, is Jeff's version. As well as the version used in an episode of Scrubs (Series 1, Episode 4: My Old Lady), but I prefer Jeff's because Guitar owns Piano in my humble opinion.

Anyone else watch Leona sing on the Xfactor? She sounds bluddy amazing!

--

I really want a new album from OK Go! Anyone know if they've started on another yet?

She sounds like all the other shitty young female singers out there that sing all the same type of songs. That's something that annoys me, is the public choose the same ole same ole, instead of something different like Rowetta (first series), Tabby, etc.

It's like they're too scared to accept something different from the mainstream, that is, actually good.

She sounds like all the other shitty young female singers out there that sing all the same type of songs. That's something that annoys me, is the public choose the same ole same ole, instead of something different like Rowetta (first series), Tabby, etc.

It's like they're too scared to accept something different from the mainstream, that is, actually good.

Then why even watch the crap?

No one different can go through. You cant play instruments. You have to look stunning or gtfo. Sometimes they let through a fat bird but then she eats someone from the audience and we vote her out.

EDIT: Ive just seen your top artist on Last.fm is Mika, so all musical oppinion you may have is probably wrong.

Difference between her and the majority of female pop singers, she can sing incredibly well live. Infact, you listen to the song on mp3 and then her singing that live you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. (Except for the obvious changes in a live and cd version).

(Just found the music video)

Though I do agree, most the time, they let the same people through every year, i.e blonde and thin, or some really cheesy group that all sound the same with no talent whatsoever. I wish they'd let proper bands on.

@ 39 - Didn't know Avian Creatures can enter singing competitions *roll eyes*

And I watch it because the auditions are funny...I don't usually watch the bits after the auditions but this year seemed interesting.

Which Go! Team album would you fine folks recommend, if any?

would deffo recommend both of them mate, there a real good band really up beat and always get you in a good mood.

Both albums are ace tbh get either one it don;t really matter there both in the similar vein, i enjoy the second one slightly more

I love Leona Lewis' voice, and I think she really has talent vocals-wise.

Also, I think the new single is great, its a ballad, but not a convential one. It's better than I expected from her.

However, I HATE the way she's done a "pop-princess" video, where she poses against a wall looking into the camera pretending to be sad.

Either do a video of her just straight singing, or don't feature her at all.

How amazing was Leona tonight?!

I was so drawn in by her performance, it was just amazing!

Definitely the best voice we have had in the country for a loooooong time!

And yeah her new song is brilliant, go Leona!

Dethklok - The Dethalbum, buy it. Awesome, epic music with comical lyrics. Its the Cartoon band from Metalocalypse. Plus its got Gene Hoglan on drums which is always good.

Dethklok - The Dethalbum, buy it. Awesome, epic music with comical lyrics. Its the Cartoon band from Metalocalypse. Plus its got Gene Hoglan on drums which is always good.

It's actually the best thing ever lol.

I won't ever shut up about this.

iViva La Cobra! Is fucking brilliant!

The album is out! :o

Tegan & Sara's new video

That song is awesome.

Shame about the video though, I think it had potential for a much better video.

I like the psychiatrist idea, but I think it could have been done much better, with Tegan playing what Sara was feeling inside.

Tegan & Sara's new video

That song is awesome.

Shame about the video though, I think it had potential for a much better video.

I like the psychiatrist idea, but I think it could have been done much better, with Tegan playing what Sara was feeling inside.

Awesome, thanks for the link. My favourite song from that album has to be 'Relief Next To Me', and whichever one has the line "oh and im feeling directionless yes but thats to be expected and I know that best" just because of that line.

I love Tegan and Sara. They remind me of my finaceé....I should visit her more.

I can't stop listening to Radioheads "In Rainbows".

It finally 'clicked' and now I love each and every track. Well worth investing in (for as much as you want remember). It's great. A a great British band still enjoying their creativity and difference from expected musical normalities. Rare indeed.

The "directionless" song is Soil, Soil.

I love the title track (was originally going to be called Encircle Me, but they changed it to The Con), Hop A Plane, and Back In Your Head.

I love all the songs though, because they each have a quirky thing about them which makes them unique.

Have you watched The Con DVD? It shows how they recorded each song and stuff. Its quite interesting, and its funny aswell. Search "Tegan and Sara Video Chapter" on Youtube and you should find it. Its in 13 parts, each about 5 minutes long, for each song on the album.

I saw Amy Macdonald play a couple of songs and then sign copies of her single/album/poster at HMV last week.

Got a signed copy for me and one ofr chairdriver (whose a bigger fan than I am) since he couldn't be there.

She's pretty goodl live, and seems very genuine.

I can't stop listening to Radioheads "In Rainbows".

It finally 'clicked' and now I love each and every track. Well worth investing in (for as much as you want remember). It's great. A a great British band still enjoying their creativity and difference from expected musical normalities. Rare indeed.

QFT

: peace: