NEurope

Though, I love He Said She Said.

I stopped halfway through, but I noticed a sample (possibly not) from tha old 90's underground hit. The organ in the background.

Let me see if I can find it.

lol at the Amnesiac version of Morning Bell: abundantly clear the lyrics are

'cut the kids in half!

cut the kids in half!

release me!

release me!'

God bless Thom Yorke and his insane, bobbing head.

I'll see your Morning Bell and raise you Myxomatosis:

the mongrel cat came home

holding half a head

proceeded to show it off

to all his new found friends

he said "I've been where I like"

"I've slept with who I liked"

"she ate me up for breakfast"

"she screwed me in a vice"

I've been giving "Headstrong" (Ashley Tisdales old album) a re-listen. I've come to the conclusion that she's a lyrical genius. :p

"I'm the kind of chick that hits spots, with ma flip flops, listenin' to hip-hop...you feelin' me?"

Though, I love He Said She Said.

I can't help it, I love the beat to it. It's music with absolutely no substance, but who says that's always a bad thing? The kind of thing I'd love to hear in a club when utterly trollied.

That's worse than the sovereign crap above it.. I just hate how she puts on some stupid voice during parts to try and make her song more 'hip-hop'. Then returns to her cutesy Disney voice for the other parts. Complete utter fake, meaningless poo.

Isn't this the girl who ruined Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up? Says it all really.

In the last 2 days I have learnt that apparently I like Lady Sovereign thanks to So Human

Also helps that she is incredibly hot

Woah, she's gone electropop?! O.o I actually like this, a lot!

SHE ruined the cure.

She needs to die.

I say the yeah yeah yeahs on sunday. It was amazing.

no she didn't. It's a great tune.

Let me guess- you think it's shit because it's rap :zzz:

no she didn't. It's a great tune.

Let me guess- you think it's shit because it's rap :zzz:

Oooh bad move to pull on Thirtynine...

Listening to Idiot Pilot - Strange We Should Meet Here. Pretty interesting/ spastic collection of sounds, really tranquil spacey passages punctuated by all sorts of beeps/clicks and the occasional distorted scream accompanied by various dischords. Good stuff.

Also listening to Iron and Wine - Our Endless Numbered Days, which is quite a great listen. Acoustic rock with pretty delecate, almost ethereal vocals, at times beautifully harmonised. Kinda folky too. Approved.

Also, listening to Chaosphere again I've just realised how much it makes Obzen seem like a thoroughly mediocre record.

Katy Perry - Waking Up In Vegas

Freaking Finally.

I always quite liked that song. I don't think it suffers from the plague of replayability/catchability killing it like her other ones.

I always quite liked that song. I don't think it suffers from the plague of replayability/catchability killing it like her other ones.

Yeah I can agree with that, it feels a little different from the rest of the album too. Also Paj there's alot of AATS songs floating around. Give, Curtain Call and Maybe California are up on youtube with visualettes.

Yeah I can agree with that, it feels a little different from the rest of the album too. Also Paj there's alot of AATS songs floating around. Give, Curtain Call and Maybe California are up on youtube with visualettes.

Just about to come tell you. I DL'd Maybe California from her site yesterday, and the video. Meh atm.

So far, how I'd rank the songs;

Flavor - This reminds me of...TVAB, the visuallette. And IGUANA.

Welcome To England

Curtain Call - yay Pip walking around town.

Ophelia - yay Clyde being stalked around a graveyard by Tori dressed as Catwoman.

500 Miles - yay all the dolls at various monuments.

Maybe California - yay Tori in various dresses on a cliff?

Give - yay Santa being antisocial in a bar? :p

But yeah. The visualettes are virtually pointless, but they appeal to my like of the doll concept from ADP, like assigning songs to each doll etc. For instance, I'm happy now i know Give is a Santa song, Ophelia a Glyde one etc. I'll add them to my individual doll playlsits when the album is released. :santa:

This thread is like a petri dish for the propagation of bad taste. Occasionally a spark of intelligent thought and wilful discussion will grow, but it's always out competed by a heaving, frothing tide of nauseating nonsense. In any case, what I'm trying to say is that you, yes you, are nothing but a pestilent pustule of vanity. A cultural cancer. The lowest denomination of society. Hitler.

/lol. I might have let myself go a little.

So. Totally fucked off that Reading and Leeds are sold out, was looking forward to chillin with some brohemes over summer, and blowing my student loan on a festival built on largely generic musical diarrhoea and brain destroying intoxication. Often a fun combination.

Any love for The Black Mages here? Got to love the music from Final Fantasy all spruced up in full musical awesomeness. (I'm shit at describing).

In all honesty, I feel that Final Fantasy music is better left as digital beeps and clicks emanating from a 16-bit sound chip rather than guitars and whatnot. Every time I hear The Black Mages I feel that the original music has been bastardised in some way: the texture of the sound in the originals is so evocative of the visual style in it's respective game that you can imagine yourself in that world, which, to be fair is what you listen to Final Fantasy music for, being as most of it is too notoriously cheesy to get away with listening to for its own pleasure =p. The analogue, more organic sound of The Black Mages somehow breaks that synaesthetic spell for me. I also don't like their tendancy to superimpose unnecessary "rawk" guitar solos on the music. It sounds cheap.

In all honesty, I feel that Final Fantasy music is better left as digital beeps and clicks emanating from a 16-bit sound chip rather than guitars and whatnot. Every time I hear The Black Mages I feel that the original music has been bastardised in some way: the texture of the sound in the originals is so evocative of the visual style in it's respective game that you can imagine yourself in that world, which, to be fair is what you listen to Final Fantasy music for, being as most of it is too notoriously cheesy to get away with listening to for its own pleasure =p. The analogue, more organic sound of The Black Mages somehow breaks that synaesthetic spell for me. I also don't like their tendancy to superimpose unnecessary "rawk" guitar solos on the music. It sounds cheap.

Please don't leave this topic again, even though your opinion is different to mine, thats such an awesome post that I have to reply with this complete arse licking of a post.

My new bag is to put my iPod on shuffle, and listening to a string of sensuous songs.

For example, today I got this string, which I had to note down because I loved so much:

Karma Police - Radiohead

In The Flowers - Animal Collective

You Are The Blood - Sufjan Stevens [i love 10 minutes]

Dernier Lit - Emilie Simon

A Perfect Day Elise - PJ Harvey

[Then broken by First Love by Adele, which I skipped immediately]

Honestly OK - Dido

Breathing - Kate Bush

Then I had to put my iPod away to go to lunch, but I loved such a great line-up of Sensual music.

See, I've never had that. I've played Kissed a Girl close to 800 times now according to Last.fm, and Hot n Cold nearly 600...and I've never grown tired of them, especially Kissed a Girl. Love it to bits. (Not that I'm saying I don't understand why people do grow tired of them, because I do).

--

I'm loving Please Don't Leave Me at the moment, and the video adds so much to the song.

--

Sam Sparro's cover of American Boy is still amazing. Far, far, far better than Estelles version. I can't listen to the original now without cringing.

See, I've never had that. I've played Kissed a Girl close to 800 times now according to Last.fm, and Hot n Cold nearly 600...and I've never grown tired of them, especially Kissed a Girl. Love it to bits. (Not that I'm saying I don't understand why people do grow tired of them, because I do).

:woops:

...HOW?!!!!!

:woops:

...HOW?!!!!!

I'm uber insane. It's double my next lowest (Just Dance/Pokerface, at 400 and sum). Surely I'm not the only one that gets totally addicted to songs? It's all your fault too, Paj. You introduced me to it, way back at this time last year.

Edited by Slaggis

Anyone heard of Dananananaykroyd. Loving them and their album Hey everyone at the moment (unfortunately Manic Street Preachers - Journal For Plague Lovers has just leaked so it probably won't get too many listens for a while)

Here is Black Wax which is a pretty catch indie pop song

and here is Pink Sabbath

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I'm uber insane. It's double my next lowest (Just Dance/Pokerface, at 400 and sum). Surely I'm not the only one that gets totally addicted to songs? It's all your fault too, Paj. You introduced me to it, way back at this time last year.

Oh god. I did din't I? :p

----

Anyone heard of Dananananaykroyd. Loving them and their album Hey everyone at the moment (unfortunately Manic Street Preachers - Journal For Plague Lovers has just leaked so it probably won't get too many listens for a while)

Listening to Black Wax as I read that! Really like them. The album's only a 5iver on iTunes, so might grab it.

Thanks to Razz, I managed to get some Lily Allen tickets for Sheffield, I'm so hyped! Cannot wait, should be awesome. Giving her albums another listen though, It's Not Me It's You is so much better than Alright, Still.

This thread is like a petri dish for the propagation of bad taste. Occasionally a spark of intelligent thought and wilful discussion will grow, but it's always out competed by a heaving, frothing tide of nauseating nonsense. In any case, what I'm trying to say is that you, yes you, are nothing but a pestilent pustule of vanity. A cultural cancer. The lowest denomination of society. Hitler.

/lol.

there should be two music threads, but how can you succinctly title the difference?